Girls getting startled/ nervous from my direct approach -> how to reduce

empath

Space Monkey
space monkey
Problem - Around 90% Girls get startled/ make nervous face when I do direct approach.

I have successfully gotten laid from direct approach and have gotten few ig closes too.

I am not able to figure out whether the issue is with

A) My approach or calibration

B) The girl i.e. she is nervous kind

C) Situation i.e. I do direct approach at night on street or beach or sometimes in morning/noon at railway station. I live in India so girls are on high alert in general.

Most recent approach.

It was on the beach around 11 pm.
The beach was sufficiently crowded.

Sitting and chilling with my friend a set of 2 girls pass by and one gives me strong eye contact.

We were earlier walking in front of them and when they entered I had liked her body so we sat down on purpose so they pass by us.

After she gives eye contact I had to run a bit behind her and I said hello from a friendly distance they stopped and I said you caught my attention while passing over from there. She was startled at this only. So I said don't get startled. She still was and I put a warm smile on my face and handclasped. ( Smile was very genuine bcoz I was having fun with my friend beforehand only).
She was still making a nervous face and I asked her you don't seem from here. To which she replied yes in a nervous voice and then started fumbling like I have some work.

At this point I ejected.

I want to reduce this startled reaction from girls

Should I say relax a bit after I approach?

I have not faced this issued with situational openers yet. But they don't suit every situation.

One more thing is could it be due to the age gap? Like she might have thought I am too old? she looked kind of young maybe a 1st year student or so.

P.S.
I had previously posted a thread about ejecting too soon. Where my issue was I was preempting that girl will feel uncomfortable so I used to eject. Now I have changed my mindset that a girl will excuse herself if she doesn't like me.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@empath,

A few things to consider:

• Are you smiling when you approach and open?

• How's your voice? Mine was too rough when I was new and girls sometimes jumped when I started to speak. I softened and crispened my voice and it stopped happening.

• Girls get more defensive in crowded situations. If you open her in a crowded place and she did not see your approach, there's a higher chance of startling her. The solution for this is to loop around in front of her first, smile, wave, etc., then open.

If it's 90% of girls you open, it's not just "girls being nervous"; there is something you're doing.

Figure out what it is and you'll have smoother opens.

Chase

empath

Space Monkey
space monkey
@empath,

A few things to consider:

• Are you smiling when you approach and open?

• How's your voice? Mine was too rough when I was new and girls sometimes jumped when I started to speak. I softened and crispened my voice and it stopped happening.

• Girls get more defensive in crowded situations. If you open her in a crowded place and she did not see your approach, there's a higher chance of startling her. The solution for this is to loop around in front of her first, smile, wave, etc., then open.

If it's 90% of girls you open, it's not just "girls being nervous"; there is something you're doing.

Figure out what it is and you'll have smoother opens.

Chase
Yes, I smile when I approach. I will try to be more warm from next approaches.

My voice is soft. Its not deep and round m, I try to speak with resonance to make up for depth in voice.

Generally girls in India don't reply smile of strangers. what if I wave and she doesn't wave back then I can't approach, right?

I do street stops and beaches.

Haven't faced this issue in clubs or with situational opener or asking do you work in XYZ building or jeez how much traffic is there if we standing at a traffic light.

What can I do to clam her if she is startled after the approach?

Mostly I approach single girls or set of 2.

It's worse in set of 2 because her friend is there.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Generally girls in India don't reply smile of strangers. what if I wave and she doesn't wave back then I can't approach, right?

The wave is just to get her attention. You aren't waiting for a response; you're just signaling her, "Hey! I see you! Gonna come talk to you."

Get in front of her, smile and wave, then go approach. She will be skeptical until you start talking -- that's just how it is.

What can I do to clam her if she is startled after the approach?

Mostly I approach single girls or set of 2.

It's worse in set of 2 because her friend is there.

Smiling-frown-y face: "Oh no! I startled you, haha." That paces her. Then after that, very consciously make sure you use a very calm, slow, not-in-any-way-rushed voice, and deliver your opener.

If she's into you, she will settle into it.

Chase

>