Anyone Trading Crypto?

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I used to trade crypto for a brief while but I quit. I was lucky enough to get 66% returns on a pump and dump with Dogecoin.

It was really addictive but also very stressful. Barely slept a wink while holding overnight. Could have gotten 126% returns if I didn't get greedy too.

But the profit part was definitely fun.

themino

Space Monkey
space monkey
I don’t trade just Hold crypto as a long term investment. trading is a zero sum game and not worth my time. Crypto is the next phase of the internet.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I am involved in this as well. Right now I like to hold BNB as a coin,

hey_lover

Modern Human
Modern Human
Everyone is a genius in a bull market.

If you can't sleep at night, then your portfolio does not meet your risk tolerance.

Forecast how you would respond if your portfolio fell by 80%.

MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla

Modern Human
Modern Human
I’ve been in crypto for a couple of years. Mostly ether and monero.

I mostly stick to stocks I’ve been unhappy with the way the market has been following the biden election I’m holding mostly cash atm

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
I was back in 2017. Shit was crazy. I had 100x'ed my inital investment with XRB/NANO at one point.

I also had one bitcoin up until september of last year. Then some hackers stole it. I recommend anyone with crypto to get a hardware wallet, its a lot more secure.

Everything is mooning right now but im debating waiting until the next bear market to get back in...

themino

Space Monkey
space monkey
I was back in 2017. Shit was crazy. I had 100x'ed my inital investment with XRB/NANO at one point.

I also had one bitcoin up until september of last year. Then some hackers stole it. I recommend anyone with crypto to get a hardware wallet, its a lot more secure.

Everything is mooning right now but im debating waiting until the next bear market to get back in...
don’t think this time is different?
i’m bearish on the US dollar so i think bitcoin will hold its value this time, as a hedge against the us dollar. it also has institutional acceptance now.

you just missed the XRP pump.. i’m not in it tho

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I had recently bought back into Dogecoin at 6 cents but sold. Now it is at 9 cents. Fml...

Doge could have possibly seen an indirect surge due to other crypto rallies.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Reminds me of this meme:

View attachment 207
The wallstreebets subreddit has a similar chart:
1lp57isc3e001.jpg

MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla

Modern Human
Modern Human
I mostly trade fluidly, if you guys keep coin I keep it on an exchange.

Everyone is a genius in a bull market.

If you can't sleep at night, then your portfolio does not meet your risk tolerance.

Forecast how you would respond if your portfolio fell by 80%.

Yeah. The economy is in a super sketchy place at the moment. Housing has become unaffordable to buy unless a millionaire etc...

Im not sure if Americans can but you can trade coin futures on Binance and WhiteBIT.

I’m big on BAT coin atm brave browser is the new best browser

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Housing has become unaffordable to buy unless a millionaire etc...

That's due to the Fed pumping a trillion+ into mortgage bonds:

It owned 1/3 of mortgages last summer. I'm sure that's higher now:

We're on this print-money ride with no end in sight, so it doesn't seem like that's too likely to end any time soon, either.

I suspect they're going to just keep going until the music stops.

Chase

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I have deep respect for people trading crypto. For me, I feel like it's pretty risky but probably because I havent studied it enough. I'm just the safe and boring type that invest 15% of my income in ETFs and index funds each month. I dont have the balls for crypto lol, I just aim for a good long term investment.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
As far as buying and holding vs trading... After months of grueling trading with nerves constantly on fire, I made a grand net profit of....

$1K.

That accounts for opportunity cost. Definitely not worth the stress and pits in my stomach when I lost thousands at times.

Thankful that Gamestop and Dogecoin blessed me lol.

But on the other hand, my relative turned $40K into $200K lol. They're either on a long-ass streak and/or more talented than I when it comes to trading.

Edit: Traded Dogecoin today and ran away with $400 profit, woot! Lol.

Last edited:

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
what are you folks looking at for your next moonride?

$LUNAR looks promising right now

$NANO is a solid long term play too

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I think dogecoin has some potential still. It's getting more recognition and the price long term keeps staying. Just needs another catalyst.

My profitable moments with it have been when I see it shoot up insanely (20% in a day), I ride it for a bit, and sell off.

Resisting the urge to dump my life savings into it... No stop it, Train!

themino

Space Monkey
space monkey
what are you folks looking at for your next moonride?

$LUNAR looks promising right now

$NANO is a solid long term play too
Ive been long ETH and BTC, as for a while now because those are low risk surefire long bets.
one of NANO's issues is that it's price isn't stable and consequently won't ever be used as money. The value of NANO is that its fast, but there are a lot of other crypto currency's that are fast. How can you be sure it wins long-term? Sure in a bull run its up, that's because a lot of money is in the space looking to make a quick buck, don't expect prices to stay high.

long term I'm bullish on deFI, but only own a deFI index (DPI). DPI allows me to easly get exposure to the most popular defi protocols at once, instead of having to manage my own defi portfolio.

never heard of $LUNAR

Last edited:
>