Avoiding platonic texts?

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi guys, I went out with some friends earlier and met some new friends. I offered to drive my friend home and extended the offer to one of her friends (they came together) who is very hot.

I talked to her throughout the night and we got on really well but we kept getting interrupted (it was a group event with 7 of us). She asked for my social media and added me. I've just sent
Me: hi Hb-vet, it was fun meeting you tonight
Her: it was lovely meeting you too! Thanks for dropping me off. It was very kind.

I'm possibly overthinking this but I don't know how to reply without it being very platonic and going nowhere.
It's cool no worries. (That is clearly a dead end)
I don't know why but I lost my nerve to ask her out when I dropped her off because her mum was in the window.

Should I just wait until tomorrow and then send her the video we were talking about? Continue from something we were talking about?

Warrior

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
do not wait until tomorrow, capitalize on the recent compliance you have built with her tonight to get the conversation smoothly flowing again online ASAP.

one way to do this is to continue along a meaningful thread you had going earlier, like you mentioned.

here's an easy sequence of texts you can send to do that:

keep it SOCIAL since this conversation is occurring on social media, and save any flirtyness for when you meet up with her in person again.

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi @fog thank you for this, it was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I hit the hay last night so got back to her this morning.

The part that complicated this for me is when she said it was kind. I took it that I was boxed as a nice guy and I'd have preferred her to just say thank you. Maybe I'm just over thinking. Thanks again!

Warrior

Reactions: fog

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hi @fog thank you for this, it was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately I hit the hay last night so got back to her this morning.

The part that complicated this for me is when she said it was kind. I took it that I was boxed as a nice guy and I'd have preferred her to just say thank you. Maybe I'm just over thinking. Thanks again!

Warrior
I pulled a girl from club to a strip club she offer to buy me a Drink and I said nah I got you! She started with omg you are so sweet and I knew right there I was fucked, so I told her I. Bought you the Drink cause you offered me one first and we know each other doesn't mean you are obligated to have sex with me or anything like that...tell her nah no worries I am sure you would have done the same if it was the other way around... them change the thread how do you know mutual friend? And see if she is biting on texts, then soft close wit that night was fun we should do it again soon to see if she bites..

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Skills I wish I could have read this before replying this morning, saying I'm sure she would have done the same would have been a great reply. I know how she knows our mutual friend, we talked about it last night but I've got other parts I can use.

I really like the soft close suggestion, I'll be using that if she bites. She did mention she has a partner which makes me wonder if she's got a girlfriend or something and I'm in the wrong market!

Warrior

Last edited:

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi guys, so it took her 2 days to reply so I'm guessing very low interest if any at all. I don't know whether I should:

A) wait until at least tomorrow morning to reply (about 15 hours)
B) reply tonight in a few hours and seem unaffected by a late reply, but seem more interested than she is
C) don't bother replying and just try again next week

To help set context, the messages went:

Me: hi Hb-vet, it was fun meeting you tonight x
Her: it was lovely meeting you too! Thanks for dropping me off. It was very kind x
Me: it's cool, I think we spent almost as much time in the car as we did in the pub (laugh emoji) I hope you enjoyed seeing the wildlife x
(She's a vet, loves animals and I joked when we were changing pubs that we can see the local wildlife joking about the area and thought it would be good call back humour and gauge her interest without explicitly asking something)
About 2 days later
Her: best part of the night (smiley with sweat emoji)

I wouldn't be so bothered by that reply if it didn't take 2 days and drop the x off her message. I don't particularly understand the emoji but girls have used it when flirting over text before but I just feel this is low interest and not linked to that.

When we were hanging out I mentioned a video I'd send her. Do I just send the video and leave it at that? Or add a flirty "you can thank me later (laugh emoji, this is a joke)"

Please feel free to tell me how bad my messaging is. Writing it out I can't help but think I suck real bad

Warrior

>