can't send PMs

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
To Chase and others,

I am unable to send PMs... getting a gateway host timeout. Thought it would have gone away when I logged on again today but still getting it. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
mindful,

I don't seem to be having any issues sending PMs at the moment, so it must be an isolated issue.

I forwarded your issue to Chase. He'll likely get back to you relatively soon.

Thanks,

Franco

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I figured it out... i had emoji's pasted in the text and it didn't like that. False alarm :)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yep, that's the most common glitch with PMs and posts in general. If there are any non-standard characters there and the post is timing out or giving you an error message, but the Boards otherwise work fine, try taking out the offending characters and re-post your message.

Usually that will do the trick and it'll go through!

(after we move to new forum software, this bug should disappear)

Chase

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@ Mods

If this is something that is still up for suggestions, I'd love to be able to favorite/save posts for later reference in the new forum software!

Do we have an ETA on that?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
BD,

f this is something that is still up for suggestions, I'd love to be able to favorite/save posts for later reference in the new forum software!

You can already do this! Scroll down to the bottom of a thread that you want to save and there should be a "Bookmark topic" button at the very bottom of the page. You can access these bookmarks in your personal control panel. :)

- Franco

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ah, that's great to know!

But if we could do specifically with posts, it'd be even better. Sometimes I wanna save a post from a 3-page thread and there's no easy way to do it. I copy and paste it somewhere else but it's just a mess to find out who wrote it, the context, etc.

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I dont even have the option to PM chase, there was something I wanted to send to him the other day and the PM button/link doesn't show for me. I assumed he had PMs disabled because he was sick of getting messages from people

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
lostnumber,

I dont even have the option to PM chase, there was something I wanted to send to him the other day and the PM button/link doesn't show for me. I assumed he had PMs disabled because he was sick of getting messages from people

I actually suggested to Chase that he disable PMs from the get-go of this forum so that he could avoid exactly that situation that you described. ;)

- Franco

>