Chances of broken condom

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey fellas ,

So my gf is a little scared about getting pregnant. At first, I laughed it off because we wear condoms, but now her worry is starting to get to me.

I never wear condoms during the first few thrusts to help me stay hard, but I heard even precum can get you pregnant (?)
Then I remember a few weeks ago, I used a condom that was opened the day before but was unused, so it was a bit dry. I didn't check thoroughly afterwards but it didn't look broken. Then last week, when we ran out of condoms, we still had sex but I came outside. I told her to get morning after pill the next morning just to be safe. Her period is supposed to be this week or so , but I'm a little scared.
What are the chances of me impregnating her?
She comes over about once per week and we usually have sex 2~3 times when she comes around.
Is it possible the condom broke without me noticing it? I have never broke a condom (at least that's what I think) but I heard it's pretty obvious when a condom broke.

Cheers

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Smith,

You're asking a couple of different questions here.

What are the chances of me impregnating her?

If she's taking her pill the way she's supposed to (meaning once a day at the same time every single day), the chances of her getting pregnant -- even with you finishing inside her -- are pretty negligible. That being said, the chances of most girls sticking to this routine daily and not skipping a beat? Not negligible.

If you're wearing a condom that doesn't break and fits well (meaning tight, but not "hurting" or "uncomfortable" either), then chances of getting her pregnant are pretty low. Unless your condom breaks, there's not too much to worry about.

IF the condom breaks, you finish inside her, and you're pretty confident she's not good at taking her pill, then you're best off playing it safe and getting a morning after pill.

Then I remember a few weeks ago, I used a condom that was opened the day before but was unused, so it was a bit dry.

Is it possible the condom broke without me noticing it? I have never broke a condom (at least that's what I think) but I heard it's pretty obvious when a condom broke.

Never use condoms that have been sitting out for awhile and are dry. The lubrication is very important to maintain the condom's integrity; if you think about it, if it's very dry, the friction between the latex and your girl increases, thus increasing the chance that the condom can rip or slide off. It's just not safe to use them that way. Always use a condom that is lubricated (or, in the worst case scenario that you're possibly stuck with your last condom and it's dry, then at least apply some lube on it after you put it on to keep it lubricated).

- Franco

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks Franco

She's not on the pill and I never finish inside her without a condom. But the problem is I'm not sure if our condoms had ever been broken before, and now I'm aware that a dry condom could break easily. Last night after she left, I checked all 3 condoms that we used by filling it up with water to check for leaks lol thank god there were no leaks!
So is it pretty obvious when your condom breaks during sex ?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Smith,

So is it pretty obvious when your condom breaks during sex ?

I wouldn't say it's super obvious, actually. If you're really going at it hard (and all of your focus is on the moment, like it should be), then you may not notice it. For the most part, I think you'll probably feel something possibly rip, and you might suddenly feel a warm sensation on your cock since you're now essentially making (some) skin contact with her. But I wouldn't rely on this. Just play it safe and use condoms in good condition. =)

- Franco

BarryS1

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
When a condom broke on me, I heard a snap. It was dark when I put in on and didn't see the wrinkle in the latex. There are probably several ways a condom can break, but for me it was on the head and my cock wore it like a turtle neck :D lol

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good news,
her period came yesterday. Will definitely be more careful from now on and check if my condom has broken during sex.

Cheers

Atra

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm glad she got her period!
Just wondering: why doesn't she use the pill, IUD or some other regular contraceptions if she's so afraid of getting pregnant?

Landlord

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
1. Slept with at least 60 or 70 women and NEVER had a condom break. Not even on the really hard and long sessions. I Use Trojan or Durex. My penis size is average.

2. yes pre-cum can contain some sperm,....be aware when you're getting that close...it shouldn't be a problem for a few strokes in the beginning, unless you're feeling really sensitive like you could blow your load really fast

3. You could consider changing out condoms if you are really going at it a while.

>