Fashion  Chelsea boots does toe type matter?

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm going to get some black chelsea boots. I did read a post by Franco here saying
With that being said, I think #4 would look best if it had more of a pointed toe instead of a rounded one as well as a more elegant bottom surface.
The link he gave was a few years ago and has expired. I've attached the Chase pointed toe from his dating when broke article[not chelsea but illustrates a pointed toe, Chase was also a brown colour not the black ones I've put here], and I've also attached an image I found showing different toe shapes. I did notice in some of Darius articles, here and here, they appear to either be a round toe, but not pointed. Teevster article here seems rounded as well.

Do black chelsea boots need to have a pointed toe similar to pointed toe on the boot Chase mentioned, and that Franco reckons for chelseas, or round toe is fine as well like Darius and Teevster seems to have? Maybe I answered my own question and it does not matter too much. I'm taking a guess squared toe and broad squared toe are out?

MbXXgMF.png

eci-langston_infograph_toeshape_v2.jpg

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Those are some of the ugliest shoes i have seen, it does not matter what matter most is the jean (needs to be skinny or super skinny) and the jeans need to have a opening of 15 cm so it looks right... (i like aldo and new republic, cheap and good quality)

and my silly video (2 - almost 3 years old):

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Squared and rounded should be OK.

Some fashion purists would say that rounded is best because the look fits more naturally to your foot but I think it is open to taste.
Square looks a little more rugged.

Pointed and broad, however, are more extreme and you won’t see many guys using them unless there’s a trend.
So, if you’re looking for timeless, I would go for square or round.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Basic rules of all fashion

More decoration/more ornamentation = more things for people to complain about.

So default masculine style is clean lines/minimalism/neutral colors.

Chelseas/Shoes in General

The more pointy, the more rakish.
The more details, the more rakish.

Typical Chelsea - https://gentlemanuniverse.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F631394664400977920 This tells folks that you're not wearing basketball shoes.

Typical but high dollar Chelsea - https://blackshoeblog.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F633205631500812288 ^The money is in the leather, and that will broadcast wealth/power/taste.

Expensive Chelsea for guys really into shoes - https://blackshoeblog.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F616388388516478976 ^this so weird that folks will think that it's a mistake.

Rakish Chelsea - https://gentlemanuniverse.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F634120576183795712
Notice the color, notice the fact that the sole is detailed

Rakish Chelsea - https://gentlemanuniverse.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F627496309362966528
Notice the two leathers

But, if you go Rakish/attention getting - everything else has to line up. Your clothes, your cologne, your other accessories, but most of all, your PERSONALITY.

You can't look like a rock star and act like an accountant.

WIA

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Some fashion purists would say that rounded is best because the look fits more naturally to your foot but I think it is open to taste.

Pointed and broad, however, are more extreme and you won’t see many guys using them unless there’s a trend.

Yeah is what feels more comfortable...

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My favorite is pointed, and will always be.

I do have one pair of rounded - but it is my least favorite one.
I've attached some shoe images, I don't know if my analysis will be correct[pointed vs rounded].

NAAu5bl.jpg

Rounded. Despite having a pointy front end, I'm thinking maybe it still rounded

cQ41TkH.png

Tiny bit round but very pointed. Perhaps the width at the toe is small enough to be called pointed.

2trRGXc.jpg

Maybe slightly pointed. Not fully round, and there is some pointed to them, just not sure the width of the toe is small enough to be called pointed as opposed to square.

PM8xsFZ.png
NHOPeZw.png

First pic looks pointed, but then this second pic doesn't look so pointed. Hence my confusion.

Would it be possible to show some shoes like skills and west indian archer did that you own or that are pointed to you?

Last edited:

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I like the last pair. The "baxter one" looks great, but that etiquette is just a.... bummer".

My favourite shoes these days:

1607227377649.png

1607227398685.png

1607227432777.png

That type of shape is what I want.
But again, I am fashion freak. I understand my style is not suited for everyone. I used to be pretty involved in the fashion crowd.

(shoes from Jeffery West)

Best,
Teevster

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The "baxter one" looks great, but that etiquette is just a.... bummer".

Is that because it has a front pulltab? Or is the baxter logo[or any logo] is a bit "we don't want that".

That type of shape is what I want.
But again, I am fashion freak. I understand my style is not suited for everyone. I used to be pretty involved in the fashion crowd.

Your shape has a much higher heel as well as the narrow.
So rounded ones are your least favourite. Did you get less results with them?

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Is that because it has a front pulltab? Or is the baxter logo[or any logo] is a bit "we don't want that".

Both. In general you want as little logo as possible. But besides, that front pulltab just spoils everything.

Your shape has a much higher heel as well as the narrow.

The higher heels make me look taller (not that I ever had any issues with my height - I just don't see why I shouldn't add an extra benefit).

The extra heel gives me a better posture in general. Takes a few nights to get used to though

So rounded ones are your least favourite. Did you get less results with them?

Not sure. For me it was more of a fashion thing than anything else. I used to hang a lot in the gay scene, and guys wearing boots would wear the type I choose. Women tend to compliment me on my shoes.

PS: Jeffery West shoes are pricey as fuck.

But here is some cheap commodity stuff if you do not feel like spending big bucks (especially if you want to experiment with the flashier stuff). I totally use the Asos brand myself. They look like high end shit, but it is cheap stuff.

This is probably my go-to style:

Damn, I am going to buy those fuckers!

These are also slick as fuck:

And those too..

I will prob buy one of these soon.

I used to own these but the field worn them out.

Same as these:

Now, some more flashy shit. Feel free to experiment, but know that this can be hit or miss and you better know what you are doing.

These pairs with a mostly black outfit should work (key: always skinny jeans with those)

These should be insanely hard to pull of right, but done well could give you tons of free openings.

Probably not any easier to pull off

Those are slick as fuck - flashy but easier to match with to match outfits than the other ones (one of my favourites among the flashier shoes).

Of those with patterns, these are my favorites.

These are cool, but for night-game, I have an "no suede" rule. Reason being? they get wet from people spilling drinks on them and they will be fucked before you know it. same goes for velvet boots (i used to own purple velvet boots - and I learn the hard way - may they rest in piece)

Cool stuff, more discrete than other crazy ones... but I own a similar pair already.

OK... RED BOOTS! on my wishlist ASAP.

Coolest one with glitter

That's what I can find in 15 minutes.

Best,
Teevster

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The fourth pic from my post, was actually these from Asos

So I don't know if I can pull off more flashy/rakish stuff as you and west indian have mentioned. Maybe I should get the 4th ones from my post as a base, and also get one of the high heel ones you mentioned that's not super flashy and if I want to experiment get a flashy high heel from your second list that's harder to pull off.

So was thinking base

High heel base

I also saw these on there. Maybe alternative high heel base or they might fall into the more flashy category.

I'd call them pink though aren't they? pink would be, hard to pull off or not so much the pink more just the flashiness of it like the blue ones yeah?

This red, well more maroon
As you said, yep about 3x more the cost of the sort of noname brands.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

They are totally fine but nothing special.

My issue with these is that they don't go high up enough on the ankle. I also do not like the design. But hey nothing wrong with these. But remember, I seek perfection.

So I don't know if I can pull off more flashy/rakish stuff as you and west indian have mentioned. Maybe I should get the 4th ones from my post as a base, and also get one of the high heel ones you mentioned that's not super flashy and if I want to experiment get a flashy high heel from your second list that's harder to pull off.

Only one way to find out right? You'd be amazed how much you can do with flashy clothes. People often ask me how I open girls, and most of them time my response would be "they open me" due to my crazy clothes. It is peacocking at its best.

It is hard to pull off and you got to own it. But this goes for any tech. Just consider this yet another powerful tech at your disposition that you can choose to use or not.

These are fine shoes! I used to own them. But note that these are harder to pull off than the other black shoes I suggested.

I also saw these on there. Maybe alternative high heel base or they might fall into the more flashy category.
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/as...72?colourwayid=16565133&SearchQuery=&cid=5774

I am personally not a fan of this type of tip.

I like them, just not enough to pay the price.

Best,
Teevster

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
These are fine shoes! I used to own them. But note that these are harder to pull off than the other black shoes I suggested.

I've put all the black ones[unless I missed any] in an order, starting with easier to pull off but have no idea if the order is correct.
Starting with easier to pull off, last ones hardest
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-black-leather-with-black-sole/prd/14179943?colourwayid=16597421&SearchQuery=&cid=5774

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-black-patent-leather-with-strap-detail/prd/21030712?colourwayid=60135343&SearchQuery=&cid=5774

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-cuban-heel-western-chelsea-boots-in-black-faux-suede-with-buckle-detail/prd/21007795?colourwayid=60133612&SearchQuery=&cid=5774

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-wide-fit-cuban-heel-western-boots-in-black-leather-with-lightning-detail/prd/9363174?colourwayid=15037314&SearchQuery=&cid=5774

Perhaps they could be put into groups as well, eg group 1 easier, group 2 harder if there was significant difference between certain pair(s)

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
lol rain just buy the first ones and be done with it. I purchased a pair of them myself. super cool :)

Also take Skill's advice about getting your jeans' opening tailored.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Rain, also you need to see what fits your style, are you going for rockstart type stereotype or more for just a cool club clubber, are you in Europe or USA, do you dance? (for dancing that big ass hill would be uncomfortable)

are you tall or on the shorter side?

^depending on difference things you need to get your own type of style... Also not everybody knows or can get away with the more flashy polirizing styles....

Roundy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Both. In general you want as little logo as possible. But besides, that front pulltab just spoils everything.

The higher heels make me look taller (not that I ever had any issues with my height - I just don't see why I shouldn't add an extra benefit).

The extra heel gives me a better posture in general. Takes a few nights to get used to though

Not sure. For me it was more of a fashion thing than anything else. I used to hang a lot in the gay scene, and guys wearing boots would wear the type I choose. Women tend to compliment me on my shoes.

PS: Jeffery West shoes are pricey as fuck.

But here is some cheap commodity stuff if you do not feel like spending big bucks (especially if you want to experiment with the flashier stuff). I totally use the Asos brand myself. They look like high end shit, but it is cheap stuff.

This is probably my go-to style:

Damn, I am going to buy those fuckers!

These are also slick as fuck:

And those too..

I will prob buy one of these soon.

I used to own these but the field worn them out.

Same as these:

Now, some more flashy shit. Feel free to experiment, but know that this can be hit or miss and you better know what you are doing.

These pairs with a mostly black outfit should work (key: always skinny jeans with those)

These should be insanely hard to pull of right, but done well could give you tons of free openings.

Probably not any easier to pull off

Those are slick as fuck - flashy but easier to match with to match outfits than the other ones (one of my favourites among the flashier shoes).

Of those with patterns, these are my favorites.

These are cool, but for night-game, I have an "no suede" rule. Reason being? they get wet from people spilling drinks on them and they will be fucked before you know it. same goes for velvet boots (i used to own purple velvet boots - and I learn the hard way - may they rest in piece)

Cool stuff, more discrete than other crazy ones... but I own a similar pair already.

OK... RED BOOTS! on my wishlist ASAP.

Coolest one with glitter

That's what I can find in 15 minutes.

Best,
Teevster

I’d love to see some of your outfits, bit hard for me to picture but your style sounds badass to me

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I’d love to see some of your outfits, bit hard for me to picture but your style sounds badass to me

I read one of your post and you have brown chelseas, do you have black as well? Do you have a photo/link of the type of chelsea boot you wear?

are you tall or on the shorter side?

I'm similar to Mystery, except shorter. Mystery is about 6'4, I'm about 6'0 but similar slim build.
With that in mind, maybe skinny jeans would make calfs look like 'no leg day'[can show pic] and I should go with slimfit instead? Can still shorten leg opening to 15cm, but some smaller skinny sized jeans are already less than 15cm "radius".

^depending on difference things you need to get your own type of style... Also not everybody knows or can get away with the more flashy polirizing styles....

I don't exactly know for 100% what style I'd like to go for or be set on, I think I should try a few different ones and see how they go. Like you said, and Teevster and West Indian, I may not pull off some stuff like Teevster for example, but trying it once would be ok. I've never had black chelsea boots before, I currently have a brown pair. I have a bunch of posts from members that wear black chelseas, so they're good but there's no detail of which type.

Skills liked your post, so I'm thinking like you, he thinks square toes can work on a chelsea boot, provided its not a broad square toe. I'm thinking its probably not Teevsters style. Would any of the boots linked / posted so far in this thread be a square toe?

Last edited:

Roundy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I read one of your post and you have brown chelseas, do you have black as well? Do you have a photo/link of the type of chelsea boot you wear?

I have two pairs. I have a new republic camel suede one and a regular black leather pair. Been wearing different pairs since about 2016 and they’re awesome. I also just go for the classic rounded toe types.

themino

Space Monkey
space monkey
i like teevsters suggestions, I will definitely expand my style, as i think i can pull off these boots now. My boots look similar to the following pair and if you can’t pull off teevsters suggestions i think a round toe boot similar to this would be a nice, tamer alternative.

jeffery-west_hannibal_3101_black_2048x.jpg

>