Conservative girl text me out the blue

zeroman2

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi beginner here

So months ago I was working with this 20 year old (I'm 29) on this dinner theater. A lot of the times we meet either at the dinner theater, another audition, event, etc. Most of those times she does a little light flirting. Example

Her: so how you spent Valentine's day
Me: like I spend it every year by myself
Her: wow that's kind of a shock going to be honest with you.

You know little light stuff like that. Now I know what some of you are thinking why haven't you made a move. Well to be honest she's a little conservative for my taste. Don't get me wrong she's very cute and well put together. But she comes across as a little inexperience if you know what I mean.

So anyways one day I decided to ask her for her number (that was a mistake I should ask her out on a date first). After giving her ice breaker text that day I decide to ask her out over text 2 days later. She didn't reply. I wasn't too upset because like I said a little bit too conservative for my taste but I just thought I give it a try.

About a month or two later she texts me to wish me happy Birthday (which is weird to me she's not on social media I don't know how she knows unless I told her but who the hell remember after so long). Text a little bit and that was it.

Cut to yesterday she texts me just to see what up. So I'm thinking she must be interested. So doing our text conversation I tried to ask her out again. I asked her if she's free this week. At first she dodged the question. Then later she said that should be available while August/ September when everything calms down a little bit and asked if I had any plans on August/September I said not yet . Then I asked do you have any plans on August/September. She dodged the question again. And at that moment I was tired trying to escalate things she dodging the questions. So we just text like normal (with me doing most of the texting despite me trying to deep dive).

My question to you.

1. What do I make of this girl? Is she just texting just to be friends, Trying to figure me out, etc

2. If she is interested in me why not let me escalate the situation? This is something I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I wouldn't think too much of this situation. This girl is most likely bored now being as there is nothing to do right now since everything is closed off I assume in your area and people are still worried of corona. Not all girls hit you up cuz they want you like that. I did have a situation where a girl I met at work would intitiate texts with me because she liked me. But it was so obvious that she liked me I didn't even have any doubts based on our conversations at work. She would literally ask me questions about anything I liked lol. But this girl isn't giving you much. Young girls don't know how to show interest very well,but even if this girl liked you she would at least give you some more obvious signs she likes you or not dodge your attempts at meeting up. Forget this girl you can find more interesting ones out there :)

zeroman2

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thank You for the advice

I already kind of knew that. But I still want to make this thread just in case I missed anything.

But my question is if a girl hits you up out of nowhere. How do you know the difference between the ones that like you and the ones that are bored. Is it you just move forward with them?

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
yeah you just make moves with them and see if they bite. Or any kind of compliance. If they are unwilling to meet up with you or even respond to your text I say they're a waste of time. They just want friendship or someone to talk to which is worthless to a guy like me. I don't want to talk to girls just to be buddies with them especially if I find them attractive.

>