Socializing  Creating/Joining new social circles

Darius

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to re-coup my social prowess, and I realised that I'm really not a part of a lot of social circles. I used to be part of a big one that provided me with plenty of social momentum and opportunities to go out, but because of some weird circumstances I decided to take a break from it. This particular circle started from work, when we started organising after-work parties, and then it just got bigger and bigger. Since I work in the same place, I can't really do the same thing again.

So, how does one join a new social circle, or create it? If there are general social circles with which one can hang out with a lot, how does one come to join them?

Any tips appreciated!

Last edited:

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I made friends with a guy in the mall maybe a month ago, we got food in the foodcourt. I brought him along to approach a group of two girls and exchanged phone numbers and instagrams.

Since then we’ve gotten food and chopped it up on my invite.

In return he’s invited me to do stuff with his friends.

Wouldn’t say thats an exact blueprint because I dont try to make new friends often but it’s worked for me before.

PalmaSailor

Space Monkey
space monkey
I joined meet-up. To be honest they’re mostly chumps with no social prowess and / or nerds.

but it does mean that any half decent women that steps into the circle is a guaranteed bang because there’s no competition.

also, if you’re out in a group you can pivot off them and talk to other women.

apart from that sports, or perhaps yoga

Darius

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
i'll try joining meet-up as well, I think there may be a group in the area.

it's always the same process i guess, meet somebody, be cool with them and then they'll introduce you to friends. Just need a little push to get started :)

>