Forum News  Dark Mode (Night Mode) Theme Is Live

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
In case you haven't noticed the little switch at the top of the screen with a happy sun on a blue sky background, you can click that to switch on the Dark Mode theme.

Note that Dark Mode always returns you to the Skilled Seducer Crimson theme when you switch back to Light Mode. So if you prefer the Skilled Seducer Brown theme, you'll need to choose that manually from the styles list at the bottom of the page.

If you notice any bugs with this / anything else we still need to change to get the theme right, please drop your problem reports or suggestions here.

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
On mobile the header looks strange-I think something in the formatting/css might be off

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I like the new night mode!

As far as feedback, I think it would help to make text white in the text boxes for threads and the chat. It's hard to contrast between text box and the words.

ljrozz69

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I am using the cellphone, while reading a topic using the night mode I noticed that instead of seeing the "night mode icon" I see written night-mode icon...
This only happens while reading a topic. I can provide pictures if needed

EDIT: The night mode looks good and the switch too! Thx for making it enjoyable

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks guys. This is helpful.

@Kvothe,

Oh yeah, I see. That does not look right. All jumbled up when I check on my phone.

We'll get that fixed.

@Train,

Sure, noted. We'll get that tidied up.

@Klimax,

What browser/device?

The icon's loading properly for me -- maybe try reloading? Is this still happening?

Chase

ljrozz69

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It seems that the problem only happens while using my phone. I am using android on it and my browser is firefox focus.
Also what is really written is "dark-theme-icon"

Last edited:
>