Discussion: Whats your PU style?

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Title says it all guys, I know a few of the higher ups pick up styles, but, why not get everybody's in one place? Be as vague or as in depth as you want, I'm curious about the upcoming responses?

Flames

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
If I had to pick a word, Ad-Hoc... :)

I seriously can't always work out where I go right sometimes, just that whatever it is I do works, for me, most of the time.

I spend a lot of time with people on a daily basis so I think I've just built up natural routines that I process automatically. Plus I'm incredibly observant if some girl gets new glasses, I'll notice it and say "hey new glasses, they suit you". I use 'props' a lot in fact. I'm good at noticing SOI and girls acting 'unusual' (for want of a better word). I've had a great female support team too, so much so that if some girls just messing with me I'll just say "don't start with me" then break into a smile, they'll usually break into a smile themselves (which means I 'passed') or sulk for a few weeks.

In short I'm not worried about upsetting anyone, but I don't go around deliberately upsetting them.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Zphix,

In one of Chase's articles he exhorts us to "open from the side", which makes perfect sense to me... full-on frontal body language, "cornering" the girl, is to be avoided, while startling her from behind is quite possibly even worse!

My take on his mantra of "open from the side" is as follows: I get the best receptions in daytime street approach when opening from one of two angles.

1. Oncoming foot traffic: the girl is coming toward me in the opposite direction, on the same side of the street. As she draws closer I check her out with my peripheral vision and do not make eye contact. Sometimes I catch a glance from her from the corner of my eye, which is like an open invitation. As she draws level to pass me, I open from the side.

2. Opposite sidewalk: the girl is walking in either direction but on the other side of the street. This is a cool opportunity to be noticed, especially in broad, major city streets, but obviously higher effort. I skip across the roadway (obviously when it is safe to do so without being mown down by traffic) and as I step onto the opposite sidewalk I approach from a diagonal angle. Any woman can see you coming this way, and is ready for your opener as soon as you draw level. Because of the higher apparent effort, I have to go very direct as early as possible in the approach.

As I was starting out I tried approaching from behind, waiting for a moment for her to "take me in" as I caught up before opening, but now I have a few dozen approaches under my belt, I have realized this works less well. It lacks spontaneity and gives the impression you may have been "stalking before pouncing", which unnerves the girl.

-Marty

Seamy

Rookie
Rookie
opening from back ? , rsd madison tech work well he use "j " frist make eye contact in striaght line , she smile then you will say hey in masculine voice while you are closing her way make j curve . it will make less intimidating if it is must ( opening from back ), you can predict her response while making eye contact so it more confortable , and natural ( make you seem you were heading same lane like her ) for me

>