Do accessories matter?

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fellas,

I've got a work placement coming up in a media organisation in London and I want to impress the women in the workplace. I've got my suit, socks and shoes lined up and I'm wondering what kind of tie to go for, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michal

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Usually you want a tie that no other guy has.
Then it depends whether you have a suit with a pattern (= take a tie without any paterns, just a single color) or your suit has no patterns (= take a tie with a pattern). Provided your shirt has no pattern either. If you have a shirt with patterns, you should take a tie without patterns.
Colors - they need to be complimentary. Navy-blue suit, light blue shirt and red tie do not go well together. Black / gray suit, white shirt, then I would say take red tie (like strawberry red or something like that => women like red).
Black suit with black shirt can have almost any color on a tie. It will make you very mysterious. The color of the tie will often speak in terms of warmth first, then additional attribute (like: Red = warm + also sexy. Blue = cold + also calmness).
Lastly, you can a have a tie which matches your eye color. Women notice it. But I would be cautious if you have brown eyes. This matching is tricky due to light reflection of the eyes.
Speaking about accessories, watch should do. If you take one with lether band, try to match it to the color of your belt.
Just for completeness, the fit of your suit is the most important thing. You can be skinny, you can be fat, but make sure your suit fits you perfectly. Shit material suit with perfect fit always trumps a badly fitting suit made out of super quality material.

>