Does buying "Made in your country" etc help or hinder world war?

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sometimes you can get things cheaper by buying from overseas.

But then, overseas may have very bad conditions for workers, or the country you do not like some things they do, so you think it a good idea to only buy locally made.

If you cease buying from overseas, does that help conditions for workers overseas having them shut up shop or would they then starve?
If basically no one bought overseas, would that then 'give no work' to overseas, and they may have nothing better to do than goto war? Or would the companies maybe look at better conditions for their workers?
Would buying more stuff from overseas put more money into workers banks overseas, even if the company profits are from your country, and those workers then have a life and not want to goto war? Then again the overseas country would have more money coming in, to pay people to be in the army?

What do you guys think?

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Nuclear weapons help prevent world war. Deterrent policy.

One of the total war video games had it stated in it's loading screen: if you want peace, prepare for war.

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Working conditions and minimum wages can more or less only changed if changed at an governmental level. What probably would happen if you boycut is at first yes, they will starve. But if they have a decent government, they will change the factors that's keeping people from buying from them. Raising minimum wage and improving working conditions. Boycuts create tension between countries and could potential be a part of creating a war. But I don't think that by itself will be enough to create the next world war.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
But then, overseas may have very bad conditions for workers, or the country you do not like some things they do, so you think it a good idea to only buy locally made.

Buying from local, means you are paying your country man, salary. Unfortunately, capitalism today. Well you know where that money went.

If you cease buying from overseas, does that help conditions for workers overseas having them shut up shop or would they then starve?

They will still starve no matter what. I live in the first world. My client pay a video guy $300 per month for doing animation videos. He took it because he is allowed to work the videos at night.

Fact is, they (overseas workers) will get less orders. Example: I used to work at this company. They buy soil from Thailand. But really, they will starve no matter what. Because profits over efficiency, which is hilarious. Because of you pay slightly higher than shit wage, your employees will grow your company.

i likely won't pay my employees 70,000 per year like Dan Price when I start hiring but I can pay them 20,000 - 30,000 a year and help them cover their meals, and small things.

If basically no one bought overseas, would that then 'give no work' to overseas, and they may have nothing better to do than goto war? Or would the companies maybe look at better conditions for their workers?

Unfortunately, that's how Nazi germany rise. There was culture, and economics structures from World War I.

Would buying more stuff from overseas put more money into workers banks overseas, even if the company profits are from your country, and those workers then have a life and not want to goto war? Then again the overseas country would have more money coming in, to pay people to be in the army?

It won't necessarily put money into workers banks. Because there's many variables. Laws and Ethics.

When you have more money coming into the country, you accelerate post modernism faster.
The United States of America is a shining example. The citizens complain that Kim Kardashian butt is bigger. Tomorrow, Obama wasn't left wing enough. This are post modernism signs.

China put males into army because there's lack of young females. The females over 35. There's a taboo. And in Asia, we care for our waterface.

So much so that when Western civilization falls, it's not so much that China will rise, but Asia will be exposed. And you are already seeing it because Asia now has so many different groups even within themselves.

The economics makes Asians looks good, until Westerners finally realize that what Zac said is true. Our skeletons in the closet will be out in the open.

Zac is always 70% historically correct. But Gary Vaynerchuk already says it about Asians, Middle East, India.

z@c+

I'm technically a GAWD now. All Girlschase members must kiss my feet. :)

>