Fashion  Dressing smart for the smarter man... effortlessly

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The clothes make the man, or so the time old saying goes. Think of the times through your life when you have looked at the attractive man who effortlessly stood out. By now you understand he attracted through his charm, intrigue and values which are ridden throughout Chase's blog but did you ever consider his outfit? Our world is filled with beautiful clothing and anyone of any shape, race or personality can find clothing which amplifies their best qualities and assets upon a glance from another person. Yet many man fail to understand how to effectively wear their threads and falsely believe that upon reaching riches all their problems will be solved - with instantly great fashion, fast cars and beautiful women to carve their own legacy into the world. I can't blame any man who has been or still is in that area of thought, I was once there myself! Thankfully I now know how wrong I was and why dressing better is filled with many benefits that many men will never come to experience. Want to feel great everywhere you go? Ever wondered how to boost yourself in the eyes of others? Read on and I'll show you how to reap the rewards of being the better dressed man in the room.

Chase, Franco, Ricardus, Ross and other great men on this blog have spent their time refining their fundamentals. It definitely shows! This is why we will be starting with the basics of men's fashion in this post - thankfully understanding the basics instantly skyrockets you ahead of most men around you and you should experience benefits almost instantly. The basics of any men's wardrobe worth it's salt is dark denim jeans and a few simple t-shirts. That's it. Easy right?

Lets start on the easiest here, the shirt and more importantly it's fit. For this post we will be using the timeless example of the white t-shirt. The white t-shirt might be the local drunks preferred thread to waste his days in but it is also one of the key pieces needed to build your wardrobe and fashion sense. The many factors which separate the town drunks shirt and yours is fit. Don't think I am crazy until you put this into practice but most men sadly wear their t-shirts wrong. To wear your t-shirt properly start with your shirts shoulders. The seam that separates the sleeve from the body of the shirt should rest where your shoulder ends. This is demonstrated here perfectly Now with the image supplied notice where the man's sleeves rest? Notice how they do not land halfway down the man's arms but rather rests halfway on his biceps. No more and no less for a t-shirt. Reserve long sleeves on a t-shirt only for uniforms which require it. Next onto another major point. To distinguish your shirt from the dress worn by the many women you will be picking up you should point your attention to the shirt's length. The t-shirt shall always stop within the areas defined by half of your belt and almost half of your zipper. Even if your pants do not feature a belt or zipper currently imagine their place and use this rule to define your shirts that you wear and buy. This length gives other benefits besides not being defined as a skirt and allows you proper freedom of movement while staying dressed well. When wearing your shirt there should not be any ripples or bellows around your stomach area, if there is it just means you are wearing a too loose shirt and should find a slimmer model. On the opposite end your shirt should not be stretching or require pulling down every ten minutes as this signifies a too slim model being worn. So there you have it you classy devil in the making. That is how you should wear shirts from now on, of course with that being said rules are made to broken - but only when you know what you're doing and when you respect them!

Onto the jeans. When most men and even some women think of jeans they think of the distressed light blue jeans found within target and other versatile stores. These are not the jeans you or other classy men will have their sights on. These jeans are often referred to as 'dads' jeans as they are easy to wear and comfortable for many men. Dads jeans serve a purpose and you should not be frightened from wearing them but just come to understand that dads jeans do not give the vibe that is often sought from this website's members. This is wear I introduce you to dark indigo denim.

There are many types of denim and it is therefore why I will skip discussing the different types as much will be left up to your own tastes and appeal to satisfy. I will give you the backbone with how to wear and buy your jeans. You've already learnt how important fit is in distinguishing yourself as the classy man that you are and we are going to use fit again. To fit your jeans properly you will have to know your measurements. Perhaps in the past you have been stung with finding an ideal pair of jeans only for them to expand upon your first use which happened to me in the past greatly, perhaps I was a slow learner but it took me a long time to understand how to purchase my jeans. A blessing and a curse it is for almost every pair of jeans even by the same manufacturer to shrink and expand differently. Generally it is a good idea to purchase your jeans 1" down for a good fit, however you will learn what suits you best. To do that you will need to measure yourself. I felt strange the first time I measured myself but thankfully it's novelty wore off immediately and it provides a benefits to your overall appearance so much more so then guessing your size could ever hope to achieve. Search the internet if you are unsure on how to measure yourself properly. Pay particular attention to measuring the waist properly, the waist is not where your hips are either! It is slightly above. You should now have a general idea of what to look for in your next pair of jeans. Remember, dark is attractive and mysterious like you.

So there you have it gents. You can now properly and proudly wear your jean and t-shirts around any casual setting and look great. Comfortable and sexy - what more could you want? You will now look greater than most of the population almost instantly.

Keep it simple and reap the rewards!
- Knight

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Knight said:
So there you have it gents. You can now properly and proudly wear your jean and t-shirts around any casual setting and look great. Comfortable and sexy - what more could you want? You will now look greater than most of the population almost instantly.

Wanted to note,

I think that a lot of people try to impress with their clothings . IT is not by means saying that it doesn't help serve the purpose of feeling good and getting women, but most people come in thinking that the clothes complete them, thus create self anxiety. Sometime they might turn up in too many patterns and also colours.

Zac

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
most people come in thinking that the clothes complete them, thus create self anxiety. Sometime they might turn up in too many patterns and also colours.

Zac

Hey Zac, that certainly can be the case from what I've seen. From memory I have also seen the quote 'the clothes make the man' reversed into 'the man makes the clothes.' It wouldn't surprise me if the self anxiety was coming from not truly knowing why they are wearing their clothes of choice and hoping that their clothes take away from themselves if they are giving off a low value vibe.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Knight said:
Hey Zac, that certainly can be the case from what I've seen. From memory I have also seen the quote 'the clothes make the man' reversed into 'the man makes the clothes.' It wouldn't surprise me if the self anxiety was coming from not truly knowing why they are wearing their clothes of choice and hoping that their clothes take away from themselves if they are giving off a low value vibe.

It can also happen when you try out new clothing, too. Imagine you were to wear a priest robe or some clothes that your mind is not accustomed to fit in, it can also create the same sort of alertness.

So, it can varies. :) The idea is to make it in between "making it yours' and adjusting to the clothes measurement and comfort.

Zac

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Cool post to read through Knight! Are you going to keep going with a series of sorts?

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Whizzy said:
Cool post to read through Knight! Are you going to keep going with a series of sorts?

Appreciate the kind words. When I find some time I may put up another basics post - I'm thinking of a casual/formal shoes guide of some sort.

>