Echoes' Journal

Echoes

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey all!

Post 5 year relationship at age 28, I found 0 luck with women for 5 months, even with 15 (!!) promising connections in Europe that all fell flat. Eventually started a FwB situation with an ehh girl (though first time handling DD lol) back in Dallas and she started falling hard despite plenty of caution taken. Broke that off and am onto my new life with a near full return to pickup and GC. Given I am incredibly verbose, I'll save the spicy stories as standalone reports. I'm going to fly close to the sun and use their real first names, as this will get way too confusing otherwise. Open to any and all tips and observations!

To kick things off:

Karla: Okay 19 year old, probably Mexican. she had completely ghosted me, never responding to text, despite agreeing to meet irl in the gym. Caught her today (a week later) and casually approached to chat. She has lots of interesting jewelry (in a gym lol), so I complimented her "new" pieces. I shifted to being casual but wanting to confirm if I got the right number (cause who knows), she played it off like "ohh, have you been texting me?" and I said I just wanted to make sure I had the right number, but it's fine either way. She then mentioned she's kind of in a situationship and not sure about us doing stuff (her words). I didn't fold, but I didn't have much comeback to this and bowed out, staying chill.

Grace: single Brazilian mom, thin, other than DD up top and a pretty face. We both were on leg press machines and after my main sets (transitioning to calves), I filled my bottle, recovered (lol), took my earbuds out (signal to myself it's time to approach), and went up to her (she's seated in her leg press, resting). Told her she looked pretty, but she didn't quite understand, so I squatted down and said it again, she was flattered and her accent became apparent. I asked her where she was from, then mentioned I was in Portugal last summer and had seen a Portuguese girl and Brazilian guy in Rome argue whose accent was better. I asked her and she said hers, which I teased "oh of course it's yours haha". I asked her how long she's been in the area, then what does she do.

She asked what I do and there was a little more teasing. I looked at the clock and said I had to finish to go do contracting work, but that it would be great to hangout sometime. She was hesitant and revealed she's a mom, and had been married (not sure when it ended). I told her that's fine, I could give her my number in case she wants to reach out and she said she'd think about it. I was chill and said no problem, I'll be right there *gestures behind me*, said it was nice meeting and went back to lifting. I barely looked at her more and she eventually finished and came and knelt by me, asking if I had Instagram. I tried to joke that she had to earn it, but I think the language barrier killed the *joke* aspect, so I backtracked, said I was joking and we started chatting more. She was much more engaged now and I asked about her tattoo and we chatted about mine a bit. She mentioned she had to leave soon before the daycare in the gym closes, so she gave me her phone to find my IG.

This is the point I spoke to Karla lol, mostly out of sight of Grace. Jump 20 minutes ahead and I'm pushing 430 lbs on a sled and she gets a really heavy kettlebell and goes to work somewhat near my checkpoint. I'm dying after pushing it to the checkpoint, so wander off to fill my bottle, then return and approach from the rear. I tell her she doesn't need to show-off with that weight and she can hardly get words out lol, but ended up gushing about my weights a bit (gave away she was watching haha). We were both toast from leg day. End up chatting more (forgot the topics) and she's pretty engaged now. We talk about my ethnicity (I'm mixed), and I take my glasses off and she seemed to like that look. I comment on liking her glasses and she took them off and I tell her she also looks pretty without them. I end things to finish lifting, then walked past her and said bye on my way out (she was along the way). UPDATE: honestly wish I wouldn't have gone to her to say bye, I think I overextended a bit too much with 3 "approaches" to her 1.

Ended up messaging her 4 hours later: Hey Grace, nice meeting you! Hope you finished before your girls were kicked out *laughing-crying emoji*
Potential trouble is she seems very religious on her IG... I need to get tf out of Texas...

Update: She responded at some point while I was asleep, which I saw, and at 2 am had changed the text to: "Nice to meet you too, yes I made it in time *winky emoji*"
I responded: "Good gatinha haha, are you up to anything fun this week?" which was left on read 20 hours ago...not super familiar with Brazilians, may have flown too close to the sun with gatinha

Last edited:

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Broke that off and am onto my new life with a near full return to pickup and GC.
Having an FwB isn't a good excuse for complacency lol
I'm going to fly close to the sun and use their real first names
Ultimately, this is your decision to make. I wouldn't really recommend it. It's just best to err on the side of privacy. Not just for yourself, but for them. Girls get judged so much by other women and by society, and even if it's a very remote risk, sometimes details can identify a person to people who know them IRL.
as this will get way too confusing otherwise.
Traditionally, PUAs use (often silly) nicknames like HBGrandpaface, HBCuban, or HBRacist. I personally think the term "HB" is infantile, but I sometimes use names like "Norrland Girl".

>