Forum Feedback  Feature Request - Alerts for responses to Private Chats

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi guys, I don't use the chat feature very often and have been missing private chat messages that people have been sending me (sorry @fog). Because I get them infrequently I'm not in the habit of checking them daily. I get an alert when someone starts a new private conversation with me, but not when they respond to a message I send them. Obviously with chats people send multiple messages in one go, so it wouldn't be ideal to have an alert for each one (otherwise you would have tons of alerts), but was wondering if it would be possible to send maybe a maximum of one alert per day if someone responds to a message of yours.

For example:

Someone starts a private conversation with me on the 20th of December - I get one alert immediately.
I respond immediately with a string of three messages on the 20th of December - They get one alert immediately.
They respond that day or the next day (21st of December) with a string of three messages - I get one alert on the 21st and so on.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Beam,

Noted on this.

Let me see if we can add private chat notifications to the overall alerts/notifications bell.

Chase

>