FR  Informational Date Success

NewBeeWinner

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,

For those following my story, I went out tonight with a woman I met at the dog park near my place. She had been super busy and we had to reschedule a couple times over text, but she said she was free tonight, so I snuck in her schedule ;)

We met at Starbucks and I let her know that I could only stay for about an hour because I had things to do after (which I have homework to do after writing this..). She said that was OK. I met her inside and we exchanged a hug. I noticed how nice she smelled. I asked her how she felt about sitting outside because it was still nice out (plus it'd give us our space) and she'd said she'd like that. We got our drinks (she paid for mine) and we went outside. I then learned about how her week has gone so far and how she was doing that day and I transitioned into deep diving. I noticed that it wasn't so scripted as I have been in the past and it felt totally natural as I followed the flow of the conversation learning about her dreams, how she loves to travel and how she feels when she travels, where she wants to be in the future, how she is working on herself. She was once married, but her husband had cheated on her so they divorced (about a year ago) so now she's working on herself and doing things she couldn't while they were together (like travel, go places, do adventurous things). She has her own place with a roommate, but if she could she'd travel and go more places. She also asked questions about me and I didn't have to really explain too much outside of a general idea - like I've said, I notice the less I tell people about myself, the more they fill in the blanks.

I matched her body language throughout the conversation and stayed relaxed and calm. I worked on making sure she could hear my voice clearly and slowed down to articulate my thoughts so I didn't stumble my words or mumble. I bubbled our conversation and made solid eye contact with her, occasionally looking at her lips as she talked. After a while, it started to get cold (she began hugging her coat a bit more) so I told her I'd love to continue our conversation but that we should head inside and she agreed.

Inside, she had started walking towards these set of chairs that are super comfortable, but far apart (and I know from previous dates, they are awful for making conversation) so I directed her to the slightly harder chairs, but that were around a small table perfect for close conversation. We continued our conversation and I had brought up how I really want to do more hiking at this time in my life. She agreed and said she had been to this good hiking area close to my place and how she could never go with her ex. So I suggested that we go sometime and that I will bring my camera and she said yeah OK that'd be fun (seeding the second date). I then transitioned to talking about her jewelry, which she told me more about, as well as her clothing style. I asked if she had or wanted any more piercings like her nose, nipples, or belly button (she seemed slightly exciting in her facial expressions and gestures when I brought up nipple piercings - I've learned that this is a good topic to make a transition to more sexual topics) and she said not really - as she was insecure about her midsection. I shared how I'm sure it wasn't that bad and used it to transition into sharing how society and people are judgmental, but I'm not that way. She agreed and said it's not good to be that way and agreed that it's nice when you can find someone who won't judge you. She shared about her childhood with me and how that influenced her and I related on certain points. I then talked about tattoos and asked if she wanted some, which she did. She asked me about it and I shared that I did as well and where. She had been thinking about getting a tattoo on the top of her foot, but I told her that I've heard it hurts, but maybe she'd enjoy the pain a bit. She said no she wasn't a big fan of pain (and I could feel and tell there were sexual undertones as she paused for a second and thought more about it).

Anyways, we continued our conversation until it began to naturally die off and I then said it was really nice talking with her and that I'd stay if I could, but I had those things to do. She agreed she had to do things tonight too and I told her we'd have to go for that hike sometime soon before the weather got worse. She agreed and I walked her out to her car. I touched her back as we walked commenting on how her jacket was a bit frayed and how nice of a car she had. We hugged (and I could tell she leaned over slightly enough that I could kiss her) and as we separated a bit, we both let go but I then grabbed her hip and upper arm and she grabbed me back before I looked her in her eyes and said it was fun - to drive safe and have a good night. We then went our separate ways.

I then got in my car and noticed - it had been exactly one hour since we initially met! It seriously felt like I had been talking to her for hours and I was seriously worried I wouldn't have the time to do my homework. So that was super cool. I also felt re-energized and I honestly had such a great time guys. I didn't feel a need to kiss her though I would've liked to, but I have a good feeling we'll meet again (with more sexual undertones and the right frames set for escalating things).

I really needed this night out and I'm so glad I made the decision to take one hour to do this.

NBW

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Good, solid date, NBW.

Directing her to the closer chairs, slightly risqué topics with the nipple piercings and liking pain comments, deep diving.

And then how you ended the date. The hip grab and upper arm at the end as you were separating was a nice touch.

I see nothing to quibble with here. For a 1-hour quick getting-to-know you date, this looked great!

Chase

>