Girl replies to a part of a multi part text

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
Guys what can I do if a girl replies to only a part of a text when I ask her questions, do I ask her again or do ignore and move on. The question she ignored was really important to establish connection with her so what can I do

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@dark hawk dude! A lot of this depends on context of what you asked and what she ignored. The key thing to remember is don't persist if she's playing games.

You said it's important to establish a connection, but you really can't establish a connection over text...

Typically you should ignore these issues because if you acknowledge it they become real. (Calling her out or rewording this accepts that she's ignored you and shows a reaction while you make this into a big deal. This can raise an innocent situation into a bigger set of drama) If you've bedded her a couple times feel free to call her out on some of her bull shit but this is another topic.

If you asked 3 questions, one of which asking when she's free/wants to go out (don't ask this by the way, assume attraction, of course she wants to go out!) and she answers the normal questions but ignores the date request don't call her out (unless you're well established, see above), don't reword it (over investing and persisting while she's playing games) ignore that she didn't respond, if she's asked something and you're going to persist (with her) you can respond here and ask again later.

If she's ignored a typical question then ignore it and continue, if you've asked something she's uncomfortable with then use this as a chance to recalibrate.

Take a look at your texting, the typical rule of thumb is to ask one question per message. (As a conversational style texter I will disregard this rule and ask multiple questions in the right context and she's investing heavily in me. This goes against all mainstream advice but it works for me)

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
@dark hawk dude! A lot of this depends on context of what you asked and what she ignored. The key thing to remember is don't persist if she's playing games.

You said it's important to establish a connection, but you really can't establish a connection over text...

Typically you should ignore these issues because if you acknowledge it they become real. (Calling her out or rewording this accepts that she's ignored you and shows a reaction while you make this into a big deal. This can raise an innocent situation into a bigger set of drama) If you've bedded her a couple times feel free to call her out on some of her bull shit but this is another topic.

If you asked 3 questions, one of which asking when she's free/wants to go out (don't ask this by the way, assume attraction, of course she wants to go out!) and she answers the normal questions but ignores the date request don't call her out (unless you're well established, see above), don't reword it (over investing and persisting while she's playing games) ignore that she didn't respond, if she's asked something and you're going to persist (with her) you can respond here and ask again later.

If she's ignored a typical question then ignore it and continue, if you've asked something she's uncomfortable with then use this as a chance to recalibrate.

Take a look at your texting, the typical rule of thumb is to ask one question per message. (As a conversational style texter I will disregard this rule and ask multiple questions in the right context and she's investing heavily in me. This goes against all mainstream advice but it works for me)

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Fluxcapacitor I asked her questions that would allow me to deep dive with her over text.

I know that here on GC deep dive is usually reserved for face to face scenarios, but due to the pandemic this is not viable for me.
I have met her recently and want to keep the spark going.

She responds and answers to my texts and typical questions very politely but when I try to deep dive her, I usually meet resistance in the form of ignoring and it annoys me that she does not want to deep dive yet.
She agrees to my compliance requests and answers typical questions, but ignores my deep dive attempts, barring this she has shown a great level of investment. I am completely flummoxed by this behavior....does this mean she wants to open up gradually at her pace and time?

She has ignored a couple of other deep dive questions that I have asked, if I ignore her response of ignoring my messages how do I move the conversation forward to more intimate stages?

Also when she ignores my deep dive questions I feel she is gently rebuffing my attempts to get to know her, so by ignoring her behavior am I not reinforcing her frame even more? She has never attempted to deep dive me is this normal?

Last edited:

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
@PalmaSailor I asked deep dive questions and when she ignores them, I feel she is gently rebuffing my attempts to get to know her, so If I ignore her, that would be like playing into her hands!!

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@dark hawk dude! I've broken this myself and "deep dived" over text, it's doable but not recommended for obvious reasons but I understand why you're doing it.

What you haven't realised is it's not a matter of not wanting to be deep dived yet because everyone loves talking about themselves but that she's not ready to invest in you or feel comfortable enough to answer depending what you're asking. Ignoring this isn't reinforcing her frame, it's being unreactive and leading the conversation. You're also not acknowledging that she's rebuffed you so it's as if it hasn't happened if you lead the conversation.

If she's investing and complying (accept on the deep dive attempts - and this is basically an oxymoron to what you've described...) you're doing something right and there's something that's tripping you up that's hard to identify without an example.

If you are happy to share an example I'm sure you could get much better catered advice for the messages. If you don't want to put this in the forum feel free to DM me.

You don't need to ask deep diving questions to get onto more intimate topics, you can just lead the conversation there. Finding out why she really wanted a pony when she was 8 isn't going to help you get there... playful talk, cocky funny humor, innuendo or other value providing things can progress this. She may just not want to be serious and have more fun. Asking deep questions might not entertain her over text and she might like a less serious approach, you may have framed yourself as a boyfriend candidate and she doesn't want this yet....

There's different styles of conversation and different routes you can take. Every girl responds differently and having different options can help you progress.

She won't attempt to deep dive you if she's not willing to open up herself so this is normal to an extent. If she's really interested in you she'll be receptive to your questions and ask you the questions back. If she's not asking you anything back and rebuffing your attempts it's typically a sign of low interest. This would match her rebuffing, but not if she's generally complying, this would require a different approach.

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@dark hawk this thread is the main reason I avoid texting for rapport and focus on logistics. It's far easier to be the exciting/mysterious guy by just not texting her vs the rapport building guy who messes up somewhere and gets boring quickly.

Her not trying to deep dive with you is normal girls in general have terrible game. Personally I just keep leads warm this time of year with happy holiday/happy new years texts and not much else.

I'd recommend you get a set time in the diary to meet her next e.g. Sunday 3rd January if she's giving you good investment overall. Best to propose this after you've had good back and forth conversation.

Sometimes girls genuinely won't read texts properly so I'll persist once if a girl hasn't answered my "when you next free? :)" part of the text with "You didn't answer my when you free Q btw ;)"

It's light touch, no big deal frame and if she's genuine she'll be like "omg didn't read properly" and give you a time she's free. If she dodges it again then you know it was on purpose and she's just not that into you.

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
@dark hawk dude! I've broken this myself and "deep dived" over text, it's doable but not recommended for obvious reasons but I understand why you're doing it.

What you haven't realised is it's not a matter of not wanting to be deep dived yet because everyone loves talking about themselves but that she's not ready to invest in you or feel comfortable enough to answer depending what you're asking. Ignoring this isn't reinforcing her frame, it's being unreactive and leading the conversation. You're also not acknowledging that she's rebuffed you so it's as if it hasn't happened if you lead the conversation.

If she's investing and complying (accept on the deep dive attempts - and this is basically an oxymoron to what you've described...) you're doing something right and there's something that's tripping you up that's hard to identify without an example.

If you are happy to share an example I'm sure you could get much better catered advice for the messages. If you don't want to put this in the forum feel free to DM me.

You don't need to ask deep diving questions to get onto more intimate topics, you can just lead the conversation there. Finding out why she really wanted a pony when she was 8 isn't going to help you get there... playful talk, cocky funny humor, innuendo or other value providing things can progress this. She may just not want to be serious and have more fun. Asking deep questions might not entertain her over text and she might like a less serious approach, you may have framed yourself as a boyfriend candidate and she doesn't want this yet....

There's different styles of conversation and different routes you can take. Every girl responds differently and having different options can help you progress.

She won't attempt to deep dive you if she's not willing to open up herself so this is normal to an extent. If she's really interested in you she'll be receptive to your questions and ask you the questions back. If she's not asking you anything back and rebuffing your attempts it's typically a sign of low interest. This would match her rebuffing, but not if she's generally complying, this would require a different approach.
@Fluxcapacitor Dude, thanks a ton for clearing that up for me. It's been tough due to the pandemic to meet her personally and I was forced to resort to deep diving over text and as you said very cumbersome.

I asked her the question which she ignored again by rewording it and casually slipping it in to the text and this time I struck to one question per text. She then opened up wonderfully about her greatest achievements and we had a good conversation.

Thanks for all your insights and help.
Cheers

>