Help Me Pick the New Girls Chase Logo

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey gents,

We're about to roll out a new 7-day mini course with books and short videos of me to use as our email opt-in bonus and to get new guys familiar with our material here. After that, our video editor starts work on the BIG course (we finally had to abandon ship with Josh, who I think was just overwhelmed; Sahin starts as soon as I can get all 6 TB of footage organized and ship it to him in Germany). We're also about to start publishing our Amazon book series, adapted from articles on Girls Chase.

Before we go crazy publishing books and videos though, I want to make sure we have a great logo... As everyone's been telling me lately how ugly our old one looks (or that they didn't even realize it was a girl in the icon).

We've whittled the designs down to a few finalists; I'd love any input or feedback on what logo we go with. Which one should we pick?:

Finalists in the Girls Chase New Logo Contest - What Should Our New Logo Be?

If you want to just let us know your favorites, you can post the #(s) of the logo(s) you like most. e.g., # [whatever] and # [whichever].

Or if you have specific design feedback, that's great too.

We'll need to pick in 3 days. Any design changes we want we'll have to ask for before then, because the designers will need time to make tweaks.

Your help selecting our new logo is appreciated!

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase,

I been looking at famous brands. I notice a nugget and i am revealing a secret, i think.

Attention ratio

If you notice, there's always a main header, (a photo can be the main header), and then there's the description, the sub text. The reason i love Girls Chase, it is because the name itself is the brand. The name 'Girls Chase', is and has always been the brand, to me.

Please don't run away from the name, because that has always been the brand. Disclaimer, if suffer any profit loss, i be in the closet. Pretend you can't find me. :) Btw, adidas logo is quite interesting. Both the head and sub head is equally big. The stripes and the adidas name.

#13 by Opie-pie
#9 by Opie-pie

All is nice though, but i like this tw0

Zac

Eternity

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
#51 on the page. The other ones seem goofy, over the top, or something a stripclub would use. 51 is just the right balance of professional, mysterious, and alluring. Something you want to know more about ect. That gold font is eye catching also. My opinion anyway.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I'm casting my votes for:

#53 by h_and_letter

#29 by Opie-pie

With #29 being my personal favorite.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Oh this is cool.

First off I have to say that the branding colors of Orange really stick in my brain regarding Girlschase and in my mind I feel like it'd take away from The Girlschase brand equity a bit if you changed from the orange that is has been since you first started.

Just something I noticed because I liked a lot of the designs of the red logo's but even though it said "Girlschase" my mind didn't really click that it is THE Girlschase unless I saw the Orange to go with it.

That being said I'm going to go with #29 and #9.

I like #13 but the face coming down is a bit odd... It'd be better if the middle icon was a big GC and the girl was laying with her back against the C and using stump of the G to sit on as a seat or something.

Look forward to seeing the finished product!

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
the new recent entry,

the new recent entry, 55th, looks like a rip off from a muslim mosque, the crescent moon and the couple replace the star.. HAHA!! Chase, you gonna offend people. :p

Zac

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
Chase-

I remember distinctly how much I loved the orange/white theme when I first found the website well over a year ago. I think it really distinguishes Girlschase, since orange is usually a color that is shied away from. The site in my opinion uses just the right amount of orange with its article links, logo, titles, and buttons to convey exactly what the site is: an unconventional font of knowledge. The white/orange combination makes the site intellectual with a sense of flair and excitement.

That said, I'd encourage you to keep the orange theme just as it is. I also like the current gc font. The letters are big and thin, which is suave yet not too dramatic. Law of Least Effort if you will. Looking at the new logo finalists, I don't like any of the red ones. Even though #51 is gold, I could see it going with the orange theme well. #13 is decent; i would prefer the old font but otherwise it's solid. Not too complex, the girl in the middle, orange... #55 is different and interesting.
I don't like 15 or 14 at all. Sorry Natalia FaLon. I think 30 and 29 have way too much going on. 9 is ok... I'd prefer just one girl and nothing else in the middle, like the old logo is set up, but maybe it could work.

All in all, I think if you took the old logo and made the woman in the center more easily recognizable as a woman you'd be set. Hope you appreciate my thoughts :)

-A

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ZacAdam said:
the new recent entry,

the new recent entry, 55th, looks like a rip off from a muslim mosque, the crescent moon and the couple replace the star.. HAHA!! Chase, you gonna offend people. :p

Zac
Man that logo is hot....I choose 55..I don't think it will offend people I think it best shows the silhouette and still remains simple

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I vote 55...I know this is my second time voting but please understand I come from Kenya where if it is not fraudulent it is not an election...tihihi...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_Kenyan_crisis.

on a serious note that 55 is elegant simple and the silhouette is recognizable.the best by far

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
BIG BOSS,

I was thinking about something. I just thought i sketch some thing and post it here.

2n7p47t.jpg

Zac

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Ree,

Ree said:
ZacAdam said:
the new recent entry,

Zac
Man that logo is hot....I choose 55..I don't think it will offend people I think it best shows the silhouette and still remains simple

I am messing around you know. ;)

Zac

Inbocca

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm personally a fan of 51 and 9. The classic orange is definitely one of the first things I notice and associate with GC. Most of the other logos have a very lusty element to them, and while it's obviously a pick-up community, there's a lot more than just seduction advice being passed around. The first thing that comes to mind with most of the red logos is an online dating site, especially the ones with a lot of hearts.

Alchemist

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I also think that #51 is the best fit. Logically, the color red is more interesting but it just looks to flashy and similar to other logos. The muted color of #51 adds formality and prestige IMHO.

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
In this order;

1) 25
2) 51
3) 55
4) 57

Those are my top 4.

25 in particular has the most pictorial balance in my opinion; everything from color to visual weight works out perfectly. Definitely what I would pick if I was looking for a logo.

55 could work as well but I'd recommend emboldening the "Girls Chase" lettering.

51 I would recommend changing the "Get Girls Chasing You" to a darker font color.

57 I like as is but think that if any of the above 2 were re-worked slightly they would look better as a logo, and 25 still outperforms all of them in my opinion.

-Richard

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I like #9 and #52, mostly because I hate the color orange and I feel red goes better with the theme.

Jake.

bassman

Space Monkey
space monkey
#51. It'd be cool to see what it would look like with orange font though, but thats just being nostalgic:)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thank you, gents, for all your votes and input!

The two with the biggest leads in vote counts were #51 (most votes) and #9 (second most votes).

I liked both. #51 was really clean and neat and kind of just gets out of the way. #9 had an element of irreverent playfulness I was really looking for - same spirit behind what we went for with our second logo (the one on the site right now... the one we've had since 2009 or so).

My reservations with #9 though were a.) the girls both had their backs to the guy, and b.) girls both had short hair. Also, I quite liked how one of the girls had her butt in the air in #58/59, by the same artist. Subtle but sexual. So I asked her if she could whip up a few new logos that included these missing elements. Went with #66, which is basically #9 + those missing elements (well, except the butt in the air... probably wasn't a practical way to do that one in this style):

of4ilkal.jpg

To the guys worried about the color, we can change colors. We'll probably make the logo a darker/reddish orange for the site. Current logo is #f47032... kind of a light orange. It'll probably be #dd4814 (to match the hyperlink / some of the background color) when we get it up on the main page. And white on the boards.

As an aside, both Opie-Pie and Natalia used retro fonts... Basically an early 1980s-type font. Retro early '80s aesthetics are an emerging design trend, which is cool; means this look should be hip for a few years. We'll have to change the fonts at some point in a year or two when the fashion changes (i.e., like what Google periodically does).

Anyway, hope the guys who prefer the cleaner ones like #51 won't be too annoyed by the irreverent / playful one we went with. And for the guys who liked #9, I hope you like the redesign with girls with longer hair and bodies facing the male. Once we've got delivery of the vector files from Opie-Pie, we'll roll this one out.

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase,

I never thought i am inspired to draw things on my own ever since you put up the logo contest. BTW, some of the designers just put up some amazing black coloured logos that look really boss. It looks suited for fragrance, according to my taste.

Man... I like to do something on my own too, on logos, as for fun, and if people like, better.

Congrats Chase!

Zac

>