How’s your dating life?

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Im curious to how you guys respond to this^

Obviously most people who frequent here and have success, probably don’t live a conventional life when it comes to dating.

Im curious to how you guy’s respond to these types of questions from, friends, family, people in your life who lead relatively normal lives, and won’t necessarily understand.

I’m sure the question has cropped up from someones mom or dad or siblings in the same way “no new girlfriend?”, “plan on getting married?”.

Or friends in the same fashion, when they wanna know more.

Sometimes I forget that most people are not as sexually open in a way where they even consider sleeping with more than one person at a time. Or sleep with people without considering something long term.

Moreover deliberately meeting different people for that exact reason.

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
To add on, even “natural” guys I know at some point have/had a kid, or end up hopping in a relationship for a while. Or see themselves getting married.

They arent all that open minded

Derek da man

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've been married had children and am now single and have been for over 10 years. Friends and family know I go out dating, do singles holidays and the like but since I've been divorced only occasionally do I get asked if I'm planning on having a new partner or anything long term, it really doesn't come up that often. It seems that once you've done the marriage thing being single becomes very acceptable. They don't know who I see, how often, or when so they can't make any judgements.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have actually gotten this exact question a few times (or in different forms such as "how is your lovelife"). I usually answer that I don't date.

"Well, I don't really date - never been for me. I prefer having a bit of casual sex here and there and focus on my life/work projects"

-Teevster

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It seems that once you've done the marriage thing being single becomes very acceptable. They don't know who I see, how often, or when so they can't make any judgements.
Good to know. Haven’t thought about marriage, but who knows what’ll happen in the future.

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have actually gotten this exact question a few times (or in different forms such as "how is your lovelife"). I usually answer that I don't date.

"Well, I don't really date - never been for me. I prefer having a bit of casual sex here and there and focus on my life/work projects"

-Teevster
Yeah I like this

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I’ve been asked variations of this before. My answer:

“exactly how I want it to be” with a wink.

They always want to know more and I just change the subject. You don’t have to explain yourself or your situation to anyone. Live your life how you want.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Rakehell,

I guess it depends on your relationship with your family and how secretive you are. Also how argumentative you are. I don't mind telling stuff to family. If they're critical, I don't mind stating my position, either. All in good fun...

Generally though I assume if family is asking you this, it is either idle chitchat (in which case your answer doesn't matter much) or it's because they're worried that maybe you're struggling with women like a lot of guys are and just want some reassurances that you're fine (in which case it's nice to give them those reassurances).

So whenever I've gotten this, the answer has always been either

"Yeah, it's great. Nothing serious right now but I'm not hurting for dates."

or

"Yeah, got a girl I've been seeing, she's awesome."

Re: "getting married soon" question, my long-time go-to there: "Not if I can help it!"

Which is not to say I have always been able to help it... 😏

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Im curious to how you guy’s respond to these types of questions from, friends, family, people in your life who lead relatively normal lives, and won’t necessarily understand.
My mom says she didn't raise me for this, knowing I'm a player that seduces lots of girls and sleep around...
My friends see my value as a wing but some also seem kinda scared I'll steal their honey as well.
My dad seems proud lol, but he doesn't talk much...

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I’ve been asked variations of this before. My answer:

“exactly how I want it to be” with a wink.

They always want to know more and I just change the subject. You don’t have to explain yourself or your situation to anyone. Live your life how you want.
Yeah, personally i’m not as harsh, but my default response is something close to vague like this one. But people in my life who I trust, I don’t mind letting them know more about what’s going on in mine. Anything else and it kind of hurts the relationship imo. Don’t mind being vulnerable sometimes, just wanna phrase it right.

or

Re: "getting married soon" question, my long-time go-to there: "Not if I can help it!"
Yeah I like these too. Thanks Chase
My mom says she didn't raise me for this, knowing I'm a player that seduces lots of girls and sleep around...
My friends see my value as a wing but some also seem kinda scared I'll steal their honey as well.
My dad seems proud lol, but he doesn't talk much...
My immediate family’s pretty liberal, for better or for worse lol. Tbh they don’t inquire about it much, there’ve been times when I was younger where my mom n pop, came to know questionable things about me.

It didn’t wrinkle their foreheads much, no long lectures or anything. Don’t know why that was.

On friends, yeah thats been a problem for me too, don’t know if that’s something thatd go away if ever.

HoofHearted

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Rakehell,

I guess it depends on your relationship with your family and how secretive you are. Also how argumentative you are. I don't mind telling stuff to family. If they're critical, I don't mind stating my position, either. All in good fun...

Generally though I assume if family is asking you this, it is either idle chitchat (in which case your answer doesn't matter much) or it's because they're worried that maybe you're struggling with women like a lot of guys are and just want some reassurances that you're fine (in which case it's nice to give them those reassurances).

or

Which is not to say I have always been able to help it... 😏
That post is why i joined this forum

Everybody should read it carefully

>