How Do I Bulk Up?

Ken

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello,

A few years ago, Eternity gave me the piece of advice on my first Field Report that I should bulk up in order to attract more hoes to me. I started working out on a regular basis last year, a few weeks before Spring break in 2018, and I have been working out once a week during the semester since then. But the only gains that I have gotten from working out so far is my chest, which got slightly more developed during the early days of working out last year.

I have wanted to work out more than once a week during the semester that has just ended, but I never got around to doing so. I am still a skinny stick figure, and I have been a skinny stick figure for my entire life. I have a fast metabolism, so I have never gained weight easily.

So I have a question for you: how do I bulk up?

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey man,

I follow the Kinobody programs. I would say get one but you don't really have to if you just want to bulk up.
What I learnt in the program is to train 3 times a week and carry out intermittent fasting on a calorie surplus with sufficient proteins (not too much but a sufficient amount).
I bulked up from extremely skinny to greek god body type following this in 7 months. So I would say find a routine online for free if you want to then ensure you are on a calorie surplus with sufficient proteins.
You might want to track down your usual calories so you know how much you consume so you can find out how much more to consume.

James D

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You'll have to train at least 3 times a week to get results. Do a full body workout 3 times per week. Focus on progressive overload and moving more and more weight. Hit a calorie surplus between 300-500 kcal per day. Eat 1,5-2g of protein per kg, 1,1-1,3g of fat per kg, and the rest should be carbohydrates. You should hit 300-500g of fruits and vegetables daily. Supplement with creatine.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
12-20 reps. as high of volume as you can handle. sarms are really helpful with this. they are basically legal steroids and the right ones don’t have sides. they may become illegal next year though. might wanna check out lgd 4033. just make sure the source is legit. its great for bukiiing. they help you our on muscle and also do higher volume.

here is my body building program

my split is

day one i do seth feroce (youtube) chest workout. 4 sets of 5 exercises (12-20 reps) followed by a triceps workout. 3-4 sets of three exercises. (15-20 reps)

day two back 4 sets of five exercises (8-20 reps) then biceps 3-4 sets of three exercises (10-20 reps)

day three shoulders with side and rear delt focus. check out seth feroce youtube for my shoulder workout

day four squats, hack squats, leg press, dead lifts, leg curls and extensions. here i’m in the 6-12 rep range for three sets for squats 5 reps not to failure for six sets dead lifts and 10-20 reps four sets of everything else.

then i either take a rest day or i don’t then repeat.

i do calves and abs every other day.

diet
no sugar, it’s addictive
125-150 grams of carbs per 100 lb of body weight per day. mostly before and after lift. i make. a sugar exception post workout to get that insulin spike.
1g protein per lb of body weight
get rest of cals mostly from fat. more protein is fine. more carbs really are too. it’s mostly about calories in vs calories out.

use tdee calculator if you want to estimate caloric expenditure and track cals if you want. but for bulking this isn’t necessary. increase your food consumption. if you start gaining too much fat cut it back. if you’re not gaining enough eat more or drink weight gainer.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You'll have to train at least 3 times a week to get results. Do a full body workout 3 times per week. Focus on progressive overload and moving more and more weight. Hit a calorie surplus between 300-500 kcal per day. Eat 1,5-2g of protein per kg, 1,1-1,3g of fat per kg, and the rest should be carbohydrates. You should hit 300-500g of fruits and vegetables daily. Supplement with creatine.

unless he’s enhanced he’s have to do pretty low volume for three full body workouts a week. and i think you should give 48 hours to recover at the bare minimum. so even if you work out for two hours at the same time welch day mwf you’re only giving yourself 46. i’d say 60 hours is a safer bet. unless of course your enhanced. then 40-48 hours is fine.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey man,

I follow the Kinobody programs. I would say get one but you don't really have to if you just want to bulk up.
What I learnt in the program is to train 3 times a week and carry out intermittent fasting on a calorie surplus with sufficient proteins (not too much but a sufficient amount).
I bulked up from extremely skinny to greek god body type following this in 7 months. So I would say find a routine online for free if you want to then ensure you are on a calorie surplus with sufficient proteins.
You might want to track down your usual calories so you know how much you consume so you can find out how much more to consume.

James D
you most likely just have really good genetics if you literally went from extremely skinny to greek god in seven months. i don’t think kibobody program had much to do with it. how many hours a day during those three days a week?

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
you most likely just have really good genetics if you literally went from extremely skinny to greek god in seven months. i don’t think kibobody program had much to do with it. how many hours a day during those three days a week?
Hmm idk about genetics but I would say if you can afford it get a program. They are pretty well designed. I consider myself a success story given that I have always been skinny and no amount of lifting and protein shakes could get me bulkier. And Kinobody programs have great reviews.
So yes, try to get a program or have someone guide you at the gym.
As for how many hours, about 45 min per workout I would say.
The way the work out is designed is pretty important. In 45 min I had intense sessions. And I always operated on a surplus, forcing yself to eat steak, eggs, etc. I literally forced myself.

7 months is pretty fast, yes. But with a good program, you should take about a year and a half (at worst 2 years) to get super fit.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hmm idk about genetics but I would say if you can afford it get a program. They are pretty well designed. I consider myself a success story given that I have always been skinny and no amount of lifting and protein shakes could get me bulkier. And Kinobody programs have great reviews.
So yes, try to get a program or have someone guide you at the gym.
As for how many hours, about 45 min per workout I would say.
The way the work out is designed is pretty important. In 45 min I had intense sessions. And I always operated on a surplus, forcing yself to eat steak, eggs, etc. I literally forced myself.

7 months is pretty fast, yes. But with a good program, you should take about a year and a half (at worst 2 years) to get super fit.

i’m ripped lol. i do high volume high rep body building workouts. i’m 6’1 180 at what most would call 10% body fat. realistically i’m 13

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
i’m ripped lol. i do high volume high rep body building workouts. i’m 6’1 180 at what most would call 10% body fat. realistically i’m 13
What’s your diet like? What do you usually eat?

Brownian-Motion

Rookie
Rookie
You have to eat more :) - them peanutbuttersandwiches is great for adding calories.

Doing Dan John`s MassMadeSimple or DeLorme-protocol 2-3 times a week is enough.

Ken

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey man,

James D

How do I track my calories?

Pitcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The lean gains guide.

I used intermittent fasting (8 hour eating window, 16 hour fast) combined with eating as much unprocessed food as possible back in university to put on 30lbs in 2 years. In the two years I decreased my body fat % from ~12% into the single digits so it was an impeccably clean bulk when it was all said and done.

Reply back with any questions or if you want me to go into more detail.

>