How do I stop talking about myself

M_Ronin

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have this problem most certainly. As most of you guys here are also on self development, I'm sure you can relate.

I've had a rough early life. And admittedly, I was rather weak and over sensitive. So through self development I've really built myself and interesting life. I am also highly highly introspective. This however comes with the downside of me and usually other people being overly interested in me since I became a legit interesting man. So, it just feels like the path of least resistance to talk about myself, my ideas, my experiences... Me me me.

I don't want to do this. It really hinders my progress at dates i believe. It kills the intrigue as well. So, I would like to invite everyone into a discussion about this. How do you think one doesn't feel the urge to do this in the first place? I am sure many beginner guys here have the same problem.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Nothing wrong with talking about yourself, just try to ensure that you always throw it back in her direction. It can't just all be you or all be her. Remember - part of the reason you're on the date is to see whether or not she is a good fit for YOU, so you should want to know about her in order to make that decision.

>