How do you “rebrand” after you start making a lot more money?

Zorba

Rookie
Rookie
It’s a funny question and as with anything lifestyle-related, there’s no right answer.

But has anybody dealt with this? Having to reorient the way you present yourself as you get older and more successful?

I was always the devil may care, rough around the edges guy when I was younger who never held a job for more than a month and crashed with whatever girl I was sleeping with that night since I didn’t have a place of my own.

But this is not a good look in your mid-30s.

I bought some real estate and started a business and went “all work, no play” while I was in relationships for a couple years.

now all of a sudden, I’m single and have a bunch of money.

Can’t go back to that dirtbag life, really. It’s not who I am anymore.

but also, now I see girls pursuing me, and I can tell that they just want to nail down a guy with money, and don’t act the way I know a girl is supposed to act when she’s truly attracted to you (thank G-O-D for this community for teaching me this before I needed to know it.)

So it’s a vague question.

but has anyone here gone from rags to riches and had to change your vibe, the way you dress, the role you play with women?

if this sounds familiar at all, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Find women that are accessible to you now, a better class of woman who wouldn't put up with the dirtbag loser you used to be. Now granted, there are going to be more guys like you who got locked down with a wife and kids already, so there will be some "suspicion" why you are still single. I find I run into more high quality women at "Events:" than in bars or clubs. Events where the dress code is a little more formal for the women than the men. Then when you show up in a suit and tie you might stand out more. What organizations are hosting fun events with your age range?

Active 20-30 International is an international service club focused on helping children and developing leadership skills in younger adults ages 20–39. In the United States and Canada the organization is called the Active 20-30 Club and has over 50 local chapters.

Some thing like this attracts motivated women who are leaders, and social. If you find a married woman with hot friends, she will wing for you hard if you appear to have your shit together and have a modicum of charm.

A lot of these service org.s put on fundraising events. Other options are galleries and museums (not so much Galas, but more casual affairs).

What about your industry? Is there a group who promotes the industry? Do they put on events. Just volunteering on a committee shows your leadership and gives some status. This is how you become known in the community as the "eligible bachelor" .

An example or two I've done...

Poured beers at a local community event. Family focused with music and a wine tasting tent. While taking a break from the beer booth I met a couple women working the wine event. One of them winged her girlfriend and suggested the two of us go watch the music together....Instant Isolation.
Locale cultural group hosts an all you can eat feed with a cash bar and dancing after. I invite friends to join me as the cost is low for the food, and peopl notice me with an entourage and my name is on the table. Many of the group putting on this event know me from my industry and I have social proof. Dancing after food and drink opens kino opportunities..

Local community annual events. Could be a pageant, or scholarship dinner, or annual meeting. After a few of the "dinner circuits" you start recognizing other people there and get to know the eligible women who also make the circuit. Develop those as potential dates later.

Basically get involved in your community, your industry and become a local celebrity where people recognize you and women will want to meet you.

SexNotValidation

Space Monkey
space monkey
It’s a funny question and as with anything lifestyle-related, there’s no right answer.

But has anybody dealt with this? Having to reorient the way you present yourself as you get older and more successful?

I was always the devil may care, rough around the edges guy when I was younger who never held a job for more than a month and crashed with whatever girl I was sleeping with that night since I didn’t have a place of my own.

But this is not a good look in your mid-30s.

I bought some real estate and started a business and went “all work, no play” while I was in relationships for a couple years.

now all of a sudden, I’m single and have a bunch of money.

Can’t go back to that dirtbag life, really. It’s not who I am anymore.

but also, now I see girls pursuing me, and I can tell that they just want to nail down a guy with money, and don’t act the way I know a girl is supposed to act when she’s truly attracted to you (thank G-O-D for this community for teaching me this before I needed to know it.)

So it’s a vague question.

but has anyone here gone from rags to riches and had to change your vibe, the way you dress, the role you play with women?

if this sounds familiar at all, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm curious.

what is your definition of "a bunch of money"?

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
But you already seem to be able to differentiate who likes you for you and who likes you for money. In that case it's just a case of filtering out bad ones and letting good ones in am I right?

If you are talking about girls who you knew in the past, it could be real felt attraction which developed over time. I have that happen to me more than once, usually comes as a surprise though.

However if there had been truly bad precedence in the past, I just filter those out. Let the re-branding take care of itself with new people.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

More assertive. Have to be more assertive.

And ease on people. They are not an entrepreneur or intrapreneur. You basically on 'Jesus Christ' power level. You have to be very careful.

Parents seems to be way more nicer than they should be.
Girls who reject you before, those who are beautiful and decent, gets annoyed and bitch when you don't fuck them.

Ugly girls gives you shit a lot more.
Old friends just think that you are still the same. Which you are. And you love to laugh with them until they insult you.

That's only us at a small level. The level of bullshit we are getting. Imagine Chase Amante? and then Cristiano Ronaldo?

Ask me anything. I am nowhere close, ever. But i can tell you the nuance i am forced to learn this few years.

:)

>