Calls & Texts  How do you deal with friendliness on text

vicknick

Space Monkey
space monkey
Told a girl that her gym white shoes are kinda cute, her reply was "Thanks! This shoes is very stable for workout." Initially, I thought she is just replying back without any friendly connotation, but further down the text, she replied things like "Thanks! You are a very sweet person. I hope you stay this way.", which confirms the entire tone for her is friendly.

Rapport building in this case, eg. expanding about her favorite workout, wouldn't work since it would be a friendly chit-chat, from my experience. I am curious how do you tease/rapport-breaking if the girl gives you a friendly reply? If I were to do it again, I would reply with "Sounds like it's stable at night too" (a bit clumsy, but I have no idea how to reply)

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Post the whole text for context. Sounds like you are giving too many compliments.

She definitely sounds condescending at this point. I'd probably give it a day or two and just start a new thread with a better tone. But this seems like you were probably way too high attainability/not enough qualifying her all the way from the initial approach, which is very hard to fix now.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Told a girl that her gym white shoes are kinda cute, her reply was "Thanks! This shoes is very stable for workout." Initially, I thought she is just replying back without any friendly connotation, but further down the text, she replied things like "Thanks! You are a very sweet person. I hope you stay this way.", which confirms the entire tone for her is friendly.

Rapport building in this case, eg. expanding about her favorite workout, wouldn't work since it would be a friendly chit-chat, from my experience. I am curious how do you tease/rapport-breaking if the girl gives you a friendly reply? If I were to do it again, I would reply with "Sounds like it's stable at night too" (a bit clumsy, but I have no idea how to reply)
the interaction is dictated by you no the woman, your texting should be MAN TO WOMEN, vs gay friends....

this is man to women, "your shoes are on point with the new style of the socks over the converse over the leggings, I love a girl with a sense of style that sexy".......

You need to study my post i talk about his problem in detail there:

vicknick

Space Monkey
space monkey
Post the whole text for context. Sounds like you are giving too many compliments.

She definitely sounds condescending at this point. I'd probably give it a day or two and just start a new thread with a better tone. But this seems like you were probably way too high attainability/not enough qualifying her all the way from the initial approach, which is very hard to fix now.
Thanks! I will try and see how it goes.

Regarding the screening and qualifying, if a girl is still not interested in you yet during initial approach, wouldn't she reject your screening questions when you ask her? For example, if you ask if she does xyz, she will just say erm... no?

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks! I will try and see how it goes.

Regarding the screening and qualifying, if a girl is still not interested in you yet during initial approach, wouldn't she reject your screening questions when you ask her? For example, if you ask if she does xyz, she will just say erm... no?

Why would she do that? Do you think she has no curiosity, no interest in talking about herself, no interest in seeing where things might go, even if she's not sold on you?

You seem to have this notion that until a woman is dtf she would simply reject all your advances and attempts to communicate. This is not the case at all. Women enjoy being friendly and having a spontaneous conversation, as long as you're someone enjoyable to do it with.

>