If you were a doctor, should you/how should you downplay this so she doesn't see you as a provider?

sinksink

Space Monkey
space monkey
So for example, should you try to avoid talking about it? Or even (lie or not lie) about being a locum (locum=part time doctor) instead?

Or should you talk about it even more? It still seems like a weaker option to me than getting her to talk about herself

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've seen the debt young doctors have coming out of Med School. Any woman in the US who think young doctors are rich providers is delusional.

What women find attractive is someone who is passionate about what they do and someone who makes a difference. Talk about interesting cases you have had IF ASKED. but don't lead with it. It is natural for someone to ask "what do you do?" Then tell them. "I'm a doctor at such and such hospital and my specialty is Neurology." ......"Yes I'm a brain surgeon. It's because I relate to people who have had traumatic head injuries so well. we understand each other" then laugh and find out about her career and aspiration. You will be asked about the specific parts of your job, and you can use those opportunities to talk about things that made you proud about your job. In the above case, the child who got his speech and vision back after removing a tumor. "

sinksink

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks. I guess the question falls under "if she associated my profession with provider material, how do I shake her out of this so she does not put me into a provider category?"

I've been looking for a chase amante article on this, I think it may be out there somewhere

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Your behavior should disqualify you as a provider. Not volunteering to cover all the costs. Not giving expensive gifts. Not being flashy with money. Shutting down any "Sugar daddy" requests.

I've slipped up on a few of these in my LTR. Happens to us all...

rationalwayward

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is something that would be very difficult to talk about for me personally. I only care about putting the food on the table, paying medical bills, protection, and status (only for getting laid). I don't care what I do as long as it is legal and makes me the most money. All this talk about relating and passion is just mental masturbating to me. I don't understand how someone like me would use this technique

>