ILoveElla Banned - Reminder to Keep It Civil

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey fellas,

Quick note that we have banned ILoveElla and moderated into oblivion several of his latest posts, including one whining about how feminists don't like men who aren't George Clooney and one instructing Anatman to act like he is white and not use the word "homie".

I was just going to moderate these out and shoot him a warning, but talked with Franco and he let me know he'd warned Ella last year for flaming ZacAdam not long before Zac left the boards, which I hadn't known about. That plus general unpleasantness and what appears to be much more interest in moaning and complaining than actually getting out there and putting in work and making headway and sharing triumphs from ILoveElla were enough to satisfy me we needed to show him the door.

So: quick reminder. Obviously, this is not some politically correct forum where we have to go around on our tiptoes and avoid hurting each others' feelings, because nobody has any desire to spend any time at a super lame SJW party and none of us are remotely politically correct anyway. This place is a trigger-pocalypse for folks like that.

However, neither is this the place to come and vent your ceaseless frustration at society's failure to conform to your vision of how it should be. This is the place where you come to figure out HOW society works, WHY society works that way, and then what YOU need to change and do differently YOURSELF to get what YOU want out of it.

And be cool to other people on that journey as well. There are a lot of incredibly intelligent, incredibly motivated men on this site. These are not people to flame for their choice of words or complain to about what some no-name feminist pundit who looks like she's never been hit on her life has to say about men. This stuff is irrelevant to them, and petty.

Most guys here know this and do not need a reminder. If you're new and not certain what this place is for, this is what it is.

Ask questions, post problems and successes, vent occasionally if you're frustrated at a certain problem, but do not take your rage out on other members or turn the boards into your personal therapist, or we will boot you back to commenting on BuzzFeed or Jezebel or wherever you usually argue with people over trifles.

Peace out homies,

Chase

Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Chase said:
Quick note that we have banned ILoveElla and moderated into oblivion several of his latest posts, including one whining about how feminists don't like men who aren't George Clooney and one instructing Anatman to act like he is white and not use the word "homie".

lolwut

Chase said:
This place is a trigger-pocalypse for folks like that.

Trigger-pocalypse is my new favorite word. Gonna pull some Super Troopers and use it at least 15 times this week.

As for the rest, hellz ya, Chase! As my boy Freaknik would say

Keep it all 'bout that positivityness.

Index.jpg

- Hektur

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Keep it all 'bout that positivityness.

Lol :)

So: quick reminder. Obviously, this is not some politically correct forum where we have to go around on our tiptoes and avoid hurting each others' feelings, because nobody has any desire to spend any time at a super lame SJW party and none of us are remotely politically correct anyway. This place is a trigger-pocalypse for folks like that.

However, neither is this the place to come and vent your ceaseless frustration at society's failure to conform to your vision of how it should be. This is the place where you come to figure out HOW society works, WHY society works that way, and then what YOU need to change and do differently YOURSELF to get what YOU want out of it.

Chase,

What should board members’ response be if seeing others being negative and stuff like this (should we be messaging Franco or something)… or should we just stay put, be civil and let the moderator(s) handle it?

The boards are a positive place overall; the occasional bad apples/negative folk find their way on here it seems (with the 5 or so people who have been banned). I had seen Iloveella comment rudely/unpleasantly in Hector's post and several other guys’ posts in the past (mister x; zphix).

Never was quite sure of what to do in the situation because I kind of didn’t want to be a snitch or be the one to complain but at the same time, I hate seeing positive, good guys get shit on by unneeded negativity and vampirism. It kind of ends up being like one of those situations where you see someone in public in harm or distress and have to decide what in that instant you the observer end up doing (getting involved or not).

Just curious as to what future response or treatment of negative guys like this should be by other guys on the boards.

-Gem

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Gem,

What should board members’ response be if seeing others being negative and stuff like this (should we be messaging Franco or something)… or should we just stay put, be civil and let the moderator(s) handle it?

If you feel like it's a pretty negative vibe that someone is giving off, feel free to notify me about it. At the very least, I'll investigate it and make a decision on what action to take based on that.

Occasionally, some members like to troll a bit and don't actually mean any harm -- Nova comes to mind -- so if that's the case, I'll let you know. =)

- Franco

Rage

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Franco,

Noted, thanks :)

-Gem

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I have always enjoyed the high standard of civility that we have in this community.

It makes for great and clear communication and an overall positive, empowering vibe.

Good to see that the standard is being upheld!

>