Problem Report  I'm leaving the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

S!mba

Space Monkey
space monkey
ADMIN: RESOLVED - IT LOOKS LIKE DK FACED A BUG. IT HAS BEEN FIXED - TEEVSTER

Guys, this is DarkKnight. I am using the account of an acquaintance. Before you finish reading this post, I want no drama or flame wars as in the last few days.

This is the account of a real other person so don't insta ban him lol.

Anyway I seriously regret having to write this publicly but I am a bit out of options, because of the rule that accounts have to have 10 posts before they can private message. (I cannot go around posting with this other guys account just to reach that goal.)

For a couple of days I cannot enter DK, my account was trouble shooting (again I do not want to go specific, but just that you know that I am not banned or anything like that). I have tried to contact the admins, but didn't receive a reply. First I tried to problem report with DK, then I couldn't use my account because the password has changed (which tells me that they were trying to look into the problem). So effectively I am locked out of my own account. I understand this can happen in order to solve the problem.

Then I tried to make a new account because I had no other venue of contact (I cannot log in with DK if the password is changed.) The new account didn't work. My last resort was asking s!mba to let me use his account in order to contact the admins. The last few days I have been problem reporting, asking for an update, but didn't receive any. Meanwhile the admins have been posting left and right.

The thing is, I didn't expect the issue to be immediately resolved. I could have waited weeks, wouldn't have minded. But seriously guys, a short report or feedback like "hey we are working on it" would have sufficed. Now I have been talking to a digital wall for days. Perhaps they cannot get to me because of the 10 posts criteria? I do not know.

I mean no disrespect to the admins since I have found them to be reasonable in the past, but I cannot pretend not feeling disrespected either. Anyway I do not want to blow this out of proportion and I will leave it at this.

So I want to say goodbye, I will still be lurking to read up on things, but will stop interacting (this is not my account).

So this is goodbye and I wish you all the best.

Special thanks go to @Train for the cameraderie. @Teevster for the aweeesome posts and

most important @Fluxcapacitor for beeing the greatest bro and who I will still regard as such.

Goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey DK. I wiill gladly look into your account!

Give me a chance to see if I can fix the issue! I have not received any message from you regarding this. You may have contacted a moderator. Mods are not really in charge of dealing with those issues. They are the police.

If the problem cannot be fixed by the admin, then the forum IT guy has to look into it. I notified Chase about the issue.

I just sendt a PW reset mail to your DK user. I also changed the rank of this user so you can PM.

You are valuable member, and I would personally hate to see you gone.

Best,

Teevster

PS: I can confirm that you have NOT been banned.

Last edited:

S!mba

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey DK. I wiill gladly look into your account!

Give me a chance to see if I can fix the issue! I have not received any message from you.

Hey Teev, if you would want to look into it, it would be great. I would rather have a pm option though so I can contact you directly (since I do not want to share my account details with the entire board). Or maybe a special skilled seducer email you guys have for troubleshooting.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@DarkKnight bro/ @S!mba ! I hope you take the offer of @Teevster and give him a chance to fix the issue. (Thanks teevster dude!) You're my bro and I'd hate to lose you on the boards!

(I've noticed you've replied since but I'm still posting :') - I'll cut the goodbye stuff)

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Teev, if you would want to look into it, it would be great. I would rather have a pm option though so I can contact you directly (since I do not want to share my account details with the entire board). Or maybe a special skilled seducer email you guys have for troubleshooting.

I have no need for any info :)

I sendt you a PW reset mail. Did you try that?

Is it working?

S!mba

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is so weird! it is not coming into my email, even in junk mail. This was also the problem when I was messing around with the account. For whatever reason I am not receiving any mails. I have now manually added info@skilledseducer.com and boards@girlschase.com to "safe senders".

Can you try again?

When I was trying to make a new account this was the problem again. The board wouldnt send the email to the new email adress so I could not validate it which caused it to be stuck in limbo. So in 2 mailadresses of which one was supernew, I didn't get validation links which caused both accounts to be stuck in limbo.

The DarkKnight account is at this point "not validated". Maybe you can try to send a validation link first.

S!mba

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have tried it now with the "HectorTroy" account which would have been the alternate account which I was trying to make to reach you guys. I have tried to send an email validation with that one too, but it just doesn't come. I try this with laptop and with phone so I have used 2 different browsers. This time I have tried to put skilledseducer.com at "safe senders" first. Didn't help.

Skilled seducer is not sending mails to both of my emails.. which is especially odd because HectorTroy's email is supernew with no precedent.

HectorTroy

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is socketaccount HectorTroy. Now I can relinquish S!mba. So after a suggestion of @Klimax to try gmail instead of outlook I can now receive forum email validation.

(You can cross-check DarkKnight/S!mba and this by ip that it is really me). I will continue with HectorTroy and relinquish s!mba.

Apparently outlook is filtering skilled seducer mails with the DarkKnight linked email and the previously HectorTroy linked email. But gmail works just fine. Problem now is that DarkKnight is still linked towards the old outlook account (which doesnt receive confirmation mails!). At this point I am already happy to have gotten rid of the lion cub!

Last edited:

focus

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is socketaccount HectorTroy. Now I can relinquish S!mba. So after a suggestion of @Klimax to try gmail instead of outlook I can now receive forum email validation.

(You can cross-check DarkKnight/S!mba and this by ip that it is really me). I will continue with HectorTroy and relinquish s!mba.

Apparently outlook is filtering skilled seducer mails with the DarkKnight linked email and the previously HectorTroy linked email. But gmail works just fine. Problem now is that DarkKnight is still linked towards the old outlook account (which doesnt receive confirmation mails!). At this point I am already happy to have gotten rid of the lion cub!
Cheers for this post! Was having similar issues with Outlook for signing up.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Teevster

Can you combined Darkknight, HectorTroy and S!mba into one digivice?

I want to see what level this digimon is. :cool:

z@c+

HectorTroy

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Teevster

Can you combined Darkknight, HectorTroy and S!mba into one digivice?

I want to see what level this digimon is. :cool:

z@c+
Zac I get your good intention, but again S!mba is not my account but from another guy. So I do not think that is a good idea.

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@HectorTroy / @DarkKnight Man
I was initially sad reading the first post then I got happier. Softwares can be bitches sometimes and forum ones even more. This is not reason to loose a valuable member, I'm sure everything will be solved soon.
Stay on quest :)

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I changed the email of your DK user into the one you suggested over pm. I then sendt you an automatic PW change. See if this works. I also upgraded the rank of your HectorTroy user, to that you can use that one for private messages etc.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I changed the email of your DK user into the one you suggested over pm. I then sendt you an automatic PW change. See if this works. I also upgraded the rank of your HectorTroy user, to that you can use that one for private messages etc.

If none of this work, I may have one last solution. But if this does not work, I think our IT guy will have to look at it personally.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
>