Instant aproach

adi13

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi,
I just want to know how can I get in the habit of instantly talking to girls. For example when a girls get behind me in line, I instantly can't find something to say to let her know I'm interested in her.
This example is what also happened to me today at work; I know, at work you have to be more subtle. I was staying in line to pay for my meal and a girl that I like (and she knows I'm interested in her) gets behind me. I could not get a word out of my mouth. After a minute of two if I keep replaying that scene I'm getting a bunch of ideas that I could say to her.
Just got out of a relationship and I have to be honest I'm a little rusty. It's been one year since I didn't approach, but I was having this problem before.

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The most helpful thing for me has been leveraging social momentum. I think it is underrated and not talked about enough when discussing "approach anxiety."

Talk to everyone, be social. I even will do things like saying good morning with a big dumb smile to everyone to loosen up.

I have got myself into great conversations with strangers and made valuable contacts doing this, the benefits go far beyond simple social freedom exercise.

The best opener is the one you do.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The more you engage people you come across the easier it will become. After 15 years in a retail setting, I've become adept at the opening greeting without feeling like I was being scored on my approach.

Were I in your situation I might have engaged her with a simple Hello and her name. Then ask how her weekend was if it is Monday through Wednesday or her plans for the Weekend on Thursday or Friday. If I was feeling confident I'd deliver it as "why don't you join me over here and tell me about your weekend."

Believe me she will be more interested in you being interested in what she does.

But seriously... When you are waiting in line anywhere, engage the person in line behind you. Male or female. Yesterday I asked a guy with his arm in a sling "Shoulder?" and he began telling me about his rotator cuff surgery. I just had to make a comment or two about physical therapy and he and his female companion just carried the conversation. After I'd gotten my lunch and they were getting in their car they both waved and wished me a good day. All from a simple greeting to a stranger. Had that been a couple of ladies, I could have gotten names and numbers

Do it enough times when you have nothing at stake, nothing to lose and it will be that much easier when it is important to you.

adi13

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks guys, I will try to talk more with people around me. I knew that, but I guess I just wanted someone to remind me.
@ TwoRocky, if I only had your advice today...

Thanks again

adi13

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yep, this is the one:
One of the biggest reasons most guys continue to get approach anxiety after making numerous approaches is that they only approach women at specific times.

>