Jeet's Online Experiment

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys,

I have been trying online dating for the past few months with ZERO success. Well ok, not ZERO. I have #closed (I dont know if you can even apply that term to online dating...) like 4 girls (out of probably the 100s I have contacted) and I have only gone on 1 date. So I decided to go with the F' it route and just play the joking profile/message that Chase suggested in Chase's Guide To Online Dating. I have copied pretty much the whole profile, with some SLIGHT changes here and there. I did it because he is in Asia (from what I can tell in his profile) and I am in Tampa, Florida so women shouldn't realize that it is a copy. But I am going to think a little bit harder and edit it as much as possible, so it becomes my own. But he seems to have hit gold there. Also, I am using the same messaging tactic he used.

I just messaged like 12 girls, will probably message some more in a few mins. Hopefully I get a few replies in the next few days and I will report back. Although I don't know if it was bad timing or not, seeing how thanksgiving is near by...we shall see. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Jeet

AFCnoob

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Wow Jeet. I generally avoid online dating/connecting myself. Having said that, in my AFC days, I met my ex-girlfriend of 1.5 years in a chat room (she picked me up, of course). If it works for you, keep plugging away at it man. At any rate, best of luck, I hope it works out for you.

Also, you said you number closed one girl, did you...call her and try to set up a date? Is just getting out there and meeting girls outright an option for you? Again, you have your preferred method, I'm just curious.

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey AFCnoob,

I am actually using online dating as a Plan B alternative. Mostly cause I feel like it is hard to find the "right" girl at a bar. With that said though, I feel like it is kind of difficult and awkward seeing how they receive so many messages a day. So I am just giving it a try for the heck of it.

I actually number closed like 4 of them. One of them simply disappeared completely after she gave me her number, and it was her real number cause she replied once...go figure. The other one never wanted to meet. The other one I met with once, even kissed closed and she wanted to come back to my place but decided against it after a little while, and the other one we were supposed to meet last week but I dont know if I wanna meet up with her anymore. But this is after messaging easily over a 100 girls...so it sucks. I am hoping I get a better ROI with Chase's method.

With all of that said, I still prefer to go out and meet girls in person. I had a good night not too long ago, where I number closed 2 girls in one night, which to me was the greatest as of yet...ended up with a lay close with one of them. The other one I screwed up...which is what finally motivated me to get into the whole PUA thing.

AFCnoob

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, after reading your other posts, I've come to see that you do a lot of face-to-face PU as well. And again, hey--it's good to exercise all of your channels, especially if you get some returns out of it. I think there's a guide to online dating/PU somewhere around here on the blog, you might check that out. I also keep my profile up to date, and check in from time to time on Hot or Not, but mostly just for kicks.

Someone actually wants to meet me on there, but you have to pay to upgrade and see who it is, and...I'm not doing that.

Jeet02

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah I feel like you definitely get a better connection if you meet people in person. Like they said, I think it is like 80% or more of the whole interaction is actually body language. Something you cant really get online. And I feel like I am a pretty sociable and likeable guy but I really cant present that much online, which has been hurting my numbers.

Still haven't heard back from any of the girls, apparently only 3 of them have viewed my profile, so...there is still hope.

>