Level 1 Man

Trafalgar

Rookie
Rookie
I feel like a level 1 man. I'm short, 50lbs overweight, smoker, cozy job doing outdoor maintaince work, mostly landscaping. I feel like the only thing I have going for me is that I don't live with my mother anymore. That's the only reason I don't feel completely useless.

So how am I going to pull myself up from this? I'm 27, and have nothing going for myself or lined up. I'm truly not even confident getting better with women and making more money is going to make me content. I've had women basically beg me to fuck and I actually get disgusted at them for wanting me and cockbock them because my self-esteem is that low. I literally always feel like I'm living a lie. Of course I regret passing on these opportunities later and it creates a self-fulfilling negative cycle.

So I guess I'm ashamed to say it but I'm looking for a little support and some other people that have overcome self-hate and risen above being a level 1 man. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
My friend, an online forum is not the best place to go to find a reason to love yourself. Only you can do that by the way you treat yourself every day.

But I will say one thing, as someone who has been to some pretty negative places: self expression is the answer to almost every kind of mental problem, in my experience. When you express your true nature, when you cast your own 'truth' out into the world, without regret or shame or self-reproach, then living becomes self-fulfilling in its meaning, and the question of 'why' no longer seems to have so much relevance.

In particular, shame and social anxiety are caused by a failure of self-expression. Because when you act truly to yourself, then it doesn't matter where you are, or in what circumstances, or how much time you have left, or any of those things, because even one single moment of living in absolute truth to oneself is enough to grant meaning to an entire lifetime, like a few grams of diamond in many tons of useless rock.

To every man, nature gives him his nature, a framework of human existence built into his mind and body, and the opportunity to be happy if he is strong enough to live by it and to resist the pressures of the world to discard it for something that nature never asked him to be. If he buries it, nature makes it rot him from within, and if he ignores it, nature makes it like an unruly soldier, which refuses to move when required to do so, and wanders around when ordered to stop. But if he treats it carefully and well, it becomes like a loyal horse that can take him to the best experiences a human being can have.

There is no greater duty or mission in life, in my opinion, than to ascertain one's true nature and to do everything possible to live by it energetically. Exercising every type of human emotion and seeking the right balance that creates a person that is not only effective in the world, but is admired as a worthy complement to all the best things that nature has created for and through the faculties of men.

Trafalgar

Rookie
Rookie
My friend, an online forum is not the best place to go to find a reason to love yourself. Only you can do that by the way you treat yourself every day.

But I will say one thing, as someone who has been to some pretty negative places: self expression is the answer to almost every kind of mental problem, in my experience. When you express your true nature, when you cast your own 'truth' out into the world, without regret or shame or self-reproach, then living becomes self-fulfilling in its meaning, and the question of 'why' no longer seems to have so much relevance.

In particular, shame and social anxiety are caused by a failure of self-expression. Because when you act truly to yourself, then it doesn't matter where you are, or in what circumstances, or how much time you have left, or any of those things, because even one single moment of living in absolute truth to oneself is enough to grant meaning to an entire lifetime, like a few grams of diamond in many tons of useless rock.

To every man, nature gives him his nature, a framework of human existence built into his mind and body, and the opportunity to be happy if he is strong enough to live by it and to resist the pressures of the world to discard it for something that nature never asked him to be. If he buries it, nature makes it rot him from within, and if he ignores it, nature makes it like an unruly soldier, which refuses to move when required to do so, and wanders around when ordered to stop. But if he treats it carefully and well, it becomes like a loyal horse that can take him to the best experiences a human being can have.

There is no greater duty or mission in life, in my opinion, than to ascertain one's true nature and to do everything possible to live by it energetically. Exercising every type of human emotion and seeking the right balance that creates a person that is not only effective in the world, but is admired as a worthy complement to all the best things that nature has created for and through the faculties of men.
I agree with your analysis. The problem I'm experiencing is I have some kind of block regarding that essential nature. I'm unsure what that block even is much less how to overcome it. It's like even if all I have to do is walk through the gates of victory to collect the rewards, I just don't do it.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I agree with your analysis. The problem I'm experiencing is I have some kind of block regarding that essential nature. I'm unsure what that block even is much less how to overcome it. It's like even if all I have to do is walk through the gates of victory to collect the rewards, I just don't do it.
Then stop thinking and just act on the smallest thing. What the body does, the mind will follow.

As Chase said somewhere in one of his articles, do pushups until failure. Put shoes on and start running, and don't stop until you literally can't take another step.

What you don't realize is that this part of your mind that is stuck does not actually have control over your actions, but only your emotions (for now). What you do next is yours to choose. Discard any expectations of feeling good, and simply act.

Trafalgar

Rookie
Rookie
Then stop thinking and just act on the smallest thing. What the body does, the mind will follow.

As Chase said somewhere in one of his articles, do pushups until failure. Put shoes on and start running, and don't stop until you literally can't take another step.

What you don't realize is that this part of your mind that is stuck does not actually have control over your actions, but only your emotions (for now). What you do next is yours to choose. Discard any expectations of feeling good, and simply act.
Considering I have nothing to lose, I'm gonna give that a shot. Fuck it. Thank you!

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey
Holy Shit !

This is GOLDEN advice !

thank you @Will_V

you're amazing AND awesome

>