Masculinity vs Vulnerability in Day Game

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Has anyone else noticed the need for both masculinity and vulnerability in day game?

While trying to improve my posture I noticed I get more looks, but my personaility becomes more hard and stiff - fundamentals improvement

Meanwhile when I take myself less seriously (be more vulnerable), i can to go for an approach.
Rejection requires some form of vulnerability, at-least in the beginning

I came to a conclusion that I should meditate on how to balance/combine these two concepts to create a new POV or maybe even a new Frame, if i'm going to eventually do the 4 approaches a day challenge semi-consistently.

Has anyone else experienced thoughts like this, or can recommend some articles on this?

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
The formula that works best IMO is basically "happy, manly dog."

If you think of a dog meeting someone new and interesting on the street: he's really happy and excited to meet her, jumping all over, really into it.

You want some of that enthusiasm, but you don't want to go too far with it. So you also add some manly deliberateness / slowness / space-taking-up-ness to it.

That's assuming you are going in with direct or something close to it (indirect-direct, for instance).

If you're opening stationary women (seated, waiting in line, browsing an aisle in a store, at an intersection, etc.) you can go in lower key.

But if you're doing moving opens / street stops, your energy needs to match the context, and also the girl, who is moving herself.

So, "happy, manly dog", basically.

Chase

MarioTheDom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Has anyone else noticed the need for both masculinity and vulnerability in day game?

While trying to improve my posture I noticed I get more looks, but my personaility becomes more hard and stiff - fundamentals improvement

Meanwhile when I take myself less seriously (be more vulnerable), i can to go for an approach.
Rejection requires some form of vulnerability, at-least in the beginning

I came to a conclusion that I should meditate on how to balance/combine these two concepts to create a new POV or maybe even a new Frame, if i'm going to eventually do the 4 approaches a day challenge semi-consistently.

Has anyone else experienced thoughts like this, or can recommend some articles on this?

It's ying and yang.

You need both:

Too masculine and you'll be a barbarian that will just don't care about her

Too vulnerable and you'll be a pussy not being able to protect and provide for her.

nolimits

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
But if you're doing moving opens / street stops, your energy needs to match the context, and also the girl, who is moving herself.
Funny you mention this.
I kinda had a pretty high amount of street approaches not hooking lately and was not understanding why.
I was like ‘ I’m doing the same thing I always do and yet my approaches stopped hooking ‘
Maybe - I thought myself - it’s just the winter season

but come to think of it I kind of lost a bit of that enthousiasm and energy I had a bunch of months ago ( due to motivation to rebound from the toxic chick episode I had back then when motivated and due to the fact I had not been totally single for at least three years )

this loss of enthousiasm might show in the approaches that don’t hook - in fact if I feel it, girls likely feel it too. Can’t wait to try and up my enthousiasm on the street opener.

Will see how it goes

MarioTheDom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Funny you mention this.
I kinda had a pretty high amount of street approaches not hooking lately and was not understanding why.
I was like ‘ I’m doing the same thing I always do and yet my approaches stopped hooking ‘
Maybe - I thought myself - it’s just the winter season

but come to think of it I kind of lost a bit of that enthousiasm and energy I had a bunch of months ago ( due to motivation to rebound from the toxic chick episode I had back then when motivated and due to the fact I had not been totally single for at least three years )

this loss of enthousiasm might show in the approaches that don’t hook - in fact if I feel it, girls likely feel it too. Can’t wait to try and up my enthousiasm on the street opener.

Will see how it goes
Usually that happens to upper level beginners:

The energy of the novelty stop flowing so the vibe flattens, hence your lines starts to be "robotic" and sets don't hook.

You have approach anxiety and requires emotional and mental energy to overcome? Can you focus on what of her turns you on?

>