Health  Meteora's Fitness Journal.

Water

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This won't be like a daily journal, but more of an occasionally updated one. I am going to copy and paste one of the last things I wrote when I was in amazing shape.

This is copied and pasted from the most recent PUBLIC fitness post I have, I don't want to find the newer private ones. Not everything here still applies, but the goals do.

So, here's my story... I'm definitely an ectomorph. I've always been relatively scrawny and skinny, up until recently. I entered high school at around 120 lbs, I was mega skinny back then. Always did martial arts, since I was about 12 years old. Lots of body weight work outs through out my life, but not really any weight lifting.

I started to lift weights irregularly around 11th grade in high school, when I was about 17 years old. My body has always been well defined and toned, but I never really packed on much muscles for most of my life. Then, around 2009 right after I got out of high school I started really taking things seriously. I started going to the gym consistently.

I probably left high school around 135 lbs, very skinny but relatively toned. I wasn't very disciplined either, I'm still not, but I am more disciplined than I used to be.

I'm currently sitting at 155 lbs, give or take. It would probably be more accurate to say that I am about 152 lbs right now, since I've been sick these past three weeks. My body fat is hovering around 6 to 8%. Damn, can't upload pics until I have 50 posts. You can click my profile to view where I'm currently sitting at though.

My fitness goals right now are to bulk up, and get myself to 170 lbs, and simultaneously drop my body fat percentage down to 4%. I'm 5'8". Once I accomplish these goals, my secondary and tertiary goals will be to gain flexibility and work on cardiovascular fitness while maintaining the stats that I just listed.

Currently, my work out plans are as follows... In no particular order.
Day 1: Chest and triceps.
Day 2: Back and biceps.
Day 3: Legs and calves.
Day 4: Shoulders.
Then I'll throw in one or two days of light cardio or break days before I repeat this 4 day work out routine. I do abs every day. I might have to restructure my work outs, gonna take a harder look at my work out routine in a few weeks once I finish charting out my meal plan!

I'm down to eating right, 6 to 8 timed meals a day. When I'm not sick, I can and was going to the gym consistently for 7 days a week.

What I'm doing right.
- Consistency in the gym.
- Working out relatively hard while at the gym.
- Eating 6 to 8 meals a day.
- Consistency with my supplements.
- Eating very healthy.
- Proper technique for the most part.
- Relatively structured work outs and sets.
- Always doing more reps than planned if I feel that I can.
- Decent variety in my work outs.
-

What I need to work on.
- Staying at the gym longer. I usually stay about an hour every time, ideally, 2 hours is best for me, but I get bored or lose motivation... Need to push it harder.
- Timing my meals better. I'm usually hungry for a little while before I actually go to eat my meals.
- Plan my meals. This will be done within the next week, just ordered a food scale and I'm about to meticulously portion out my foods and have my calories and such counted for.
- Shorten my break times between sets.
- Do higher weight!
- Sleep more! I usually don't sleep enough, which is impeding my progress for sure.
- Work out earlier, rather than later in the day.
- I could structure my work outs better.
- Drink more water and fluids.
- Portion my meals better. Aka, a protein source, carbs, and fat source in each meal. And the other nutrients.
- Going to the gym more when I'm sick. Missed last 2 days because I can't stop coughing. Boo. (It's not contagious)
- Need to start stretching more.
- More cardiovascular exercise.
- Add more work outs into my routine. Do decline bench press and dumbbell press and squat more often.
-

I'd rather not list my work outs in detail right now as I probably will end up doing so once I get active on this journal. It's really late so I'll expand upon this later...

So yeah, let's do this!!!!!

Water

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Old Stats:
(I don't have the equipment to get my current stats, but I am unhealthily underweight)
Bench Press: 275 lbs.
Squat Max: 315 lbs.
Deadlift Max: ??? Never maxed before.

Height: 5'8".
Current Weight: 155 lbs.
Current Body Fat: 6%.

Goal Weight: 170 lbs.
Goal Body Fat: 4%.

Back and biceps.

It's good to be better, finally started getting over my sickness! Hit the gym hard today for an hour and a half. Structured a new work out routine and diet plan while I was sick.

I did 10 reps on all my sets today except like one.

3 sets of 8 to 10 reps on ez curl bar.
70 lbs.
60 lbs.
60 lbs.

3 sets of 8 to 10 reps isolated seated dumbbell curls.
25 lbs.
25 lbs.
25 lbs.

3 sets of 8 to 10 reps of preacher ez curl bar.
40 lbs.
40 lbs.
40 lbs.
Too light, need to go up in weight next time. Do people usually need a spot for this?

My right arm started feeling weird when curling. This doesn't normally happen, if it continues happening then I will be confused. lol

3 sets of 8 to 10 reps of dumbbell hammer curls.
25 lbs.
25 lbs.
25 lbs.
Too easy and light, right arm felt weird though, not tired or something. Go up in weight next time.

3 sets of wide grip pull ups until failure. roughly 10 to 15 reps each set.

3 sets of 8 to 10 reps of dumbbell rows.
45 lbs.
55 lbs.
55 lbs.

Done son! Hour and a half and being productive. Worked out with the antman.

>