Long-Term  My Grandparents Don’t Approve of My Engagement. Help!

james82

Rookie
Rookie
I belong to a very big family with strong bonds and close family ties. My relatives and I are all very close with one another including my parents, uncles, aunts, and grandparents. Growing up, we all lived close within the same location or state. Every occasion, there will certainly be a family reunion or gathering where we all share the same meal and spend time together.

Recently, within the year, one of my cousins introduced me the concept of online dating. I thought it was about time for me to try interacting with someone new. I signed up on an international online dating site called LoveMe and matched up with this great woman from Columbia. We’ve been communicating for about a few months now and got into a relationship.

It took me some time to grasp the situation between me and her but I finally realize that she’s the one. I met her abroad in her hometown for a few days and proposed to her. We’ve made a few plans for our future together but the only problem that remains was breaking the news to my family. A few of my cousins and relatives who are about the same age or younger than me already know about my plans.

The thing is, my older folks still believe in the traditional ways back in the day where they are unfamiliar with the internet and modern technology we have today. When I finally told them during our recent family get together, everyone was thrilled except for my grandparents. They don’t believe in the type of romance I have with my gf and they’re afraid it might not work out. My grandparents are like the heads of the family.

Whatever they say, goes and whatever they dislike, won’t get their approval. I seriously need some help you guys. Is there anything I can do to change their minds? My girlfriend’s coming over soon to meet them and I’m absolutely freaking out with everything that’s going on. I will willingly accept any advice, tips, or suggestions you guys have. Help!!!!

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey James,
How old are you? Your age determines what my advice is going to be.

>