Night game in 2020 without social circle.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I have read articles by Alek on how night game has changed and as someone who wants to do it more often in 2020, on some nights alone by myself, I wanted to get the thoughts on approaching it right. Now I live in a city that is probably top 5 for nightlife in North America; NYC! Even going out into the city alone, there are some things you do tangle with:

1. Certain bars and nightclubs have strict door policies, you better be bringing girls or you are paying a hefty cover.

2. A lot of girls, especially the hot ones, are out in bigger groups that contain men in them as well. I'd say that about 60% of the people I run into at most NYC bars (and that's low balling it) are large friend groups sticking close and looking out to have fun. It seems like a little over 60% of the people out are mixed groups of guys and girls.

3. Rare to find a group of 2 girls together at a bar, most of the times it is large groups of 3 and up.

I'd be interested to hear how my fellow NYers such as @Grand Pooba @Kvothe @Velasco @pz730 and @chaseyyyeung98 have gone about this but also how Americans across the country are going about. Always welcome the thoughts of the pros.

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Night game requires a balance of social skills, bringing value to a group (whether men or women), isolating a target in the process, and dealing with wild cards. That’s really the core of it.

flatron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Here in the UK, social circle seems to be king by quite some distance.

The girls will barely even respond to your opener and think it's super strange that you are speaking to them.
I got about 5 of those fast 'semi-instant-rejections' sets (where they barely reply and look at each other as if to say 'What the hell's going on? WHy is this guy talking to us? Do YOU know him?!!'' and then basically turn away/eject haha) last night before I eventually found a girl who was receptive to the open. (Make out and number, no lay)

Happens much more with the very young girls, though. Older women in bars seem to know how to talk to strangers and don't find it quite as odd

Last edited:

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
2. A lot of girls, especially the hot ones, are out in bigger groups that contain men in them as well. I'd say that about 60% of the people I run into at most NYC bars (and that's low balling it) are large friend groups sticking close and looking out to have fun. It seems like a little over 60% of the people out are mixed groups of guys and girls.

3. Rare to find a group of 2 girls together at a bar, most of the times it is large groups of 3 and up.

First night for sure they all stick together like glue with their group. but as the night progresses and they get a few drinks in them, they split up into smaller groups later in the night. making themselves available to attractive guys. This is why if your a sober gamer, then first half, you'll want to spend it, opening sets, warming up. not even thinking about pulling (cause they won't be available for that yet...they wanna hang out with their social circle) so that you'll be loosen up when these girls split up later in the night. Or if your a drinker, then show up in the second half of the night, when girls are already split up into groups of 2-3 or you find one by herself.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
First night for sure they all stick together like glue with their group. but as the night progresses and they get a few drinks in them, they split up into smaller groups later in the night. making themselves available to attractive guys. This is why if your a sober gamer, then first half, you'll want to spend it, opening sets, warming up. not even thinking about pulling (cause they won't be available for that yet...they wanna hang out with their social circle) so that you'll be loosen up when these girls split up later in the night. Or if your a drinker, then show up in the second half of the night, when girls are already split up into groups of 2-3 or you find one by herself.

What do you define as early versus later?

I feel like in college 11PM was early, not so much in NYC!

pz730

Rookie
Rookie
Sorry for the late response, I'm visiting my father in Miami at the moment. To be honest, I have never been consistent in night game. I have had a few one night stands, and been out plenty, but am my no means an expert at night game, or even that experienced. But when I do go out, I found that the more laid-back bars make it much easier to find someone already interested in meeting someone, and you wont be overcrowded with meatheads and all the "going-out to get laid" guys with their going out shirts (Louis CK did a good bit on those guys lmao). Also the women you meet will not be surrounded by too many friends, since the speakeasy or lounge type bars are not that kind of environment. I am definitely more of a talker, so I have not warmed up very well with the club type environment where a bit of dancing would work wonders. I have found groups of 2 girls at the bar much more often in these laid-back/speakeasy environments than anywhere else.

As a side story- I'm not sure if this was just the luck of the draw, or something that has the possibility of being consistent, but when I first moved to NYC I went to a Meetup event through the app that was geared towards "social mingling" at a bar in midtown. When I arrived, most of the people there were older or middle aged men, and very few women (mostly older). I was about to ditch the plan, but then I saw a younger cute girl sitting alone that also came to the event. I went straight to her, and we had drinks/chatted for a good hour, then started making out. Right after she invited me to go back to her place, and I could not pass that up lmao. She was obviously lonely and was looking for a one-night stand. So what I am trying to say is that there may be something to these meetup events, or maybe I got lucky (she was one of the only girls at the event even worth talking to). But its something to keep in mind in case there is nothing else going on that night. Also, since most of the men that go to those events are not much of a competition, you could definitely clean up.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Night game requires a balance of social skills, bringing value to a group (whether men or women)
I like Alex's (ex-RSD) and Valentino's (who was too cool to ever become an RSD instructor) views on value: in the free Western world at least everyone has the same value. You are already enough. To seduce anyone you like. You just have to hold your value longer than anyone else. I still have to study what these two guys are about in more detail though.

I got used to the role of being the guy disagreeing with the mainstream opinion on the forum. It's fine with me.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Space most of alex’s experience seems to be with european girls. regardless i learned a lot from his social encrypted program and his old youtube videos. he seems to have went downhill recently though.

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
the best way to get into the best clubs is by knowing a promoter. then you do have to bring girls usually. but it's easy once you know the promoter.

the girls who are out with friends go home with guys too. part of having good game involves winning the friends over and isolating the girl. it's not going to work every time. but there are a lot of girls out. you're just not going to consistently be pulling every time you go out. but you go out continually and the more you do the more things tend to work out. it's not unheard of to meet a girl by herself later in the night. some girls stick around when their friends go home because they wanna fuck. and like @Velasco said as the night progresses and the girls loosen up the group often loosens up to. a girl will break off to go to the bar to get a drink or to send a text message. girls know if they're around their friends the entire time it's gonna be harder to meet a guy and they want to meet guys.

also if you're having problems with the friends a lot it means the girls want to be saved by the friends. this isn't always the case. sometimes she's into you and the friends take her away. but sometimes she also wants it to. not every girl is going to like you. also, when girls are really into you sometimes they'll tell their friends "i really like this guy chill out." ever wonder why sometimes the friends are super cool and you didn't do anything right with them. it's because she told them either verbally or non verbally that you're cool and she likes you.

still win the friends over. the more they like you the better. if one friend has it out for you, the harder it's going to be. but a girl will still fuck a guy one of her friends hates on occasion. it's just not good. friends can decide to not like you for any reason. maybe there's some lesbian shit even going on. i had this happen last night. the girl i fuck had a friend who she was hooking up with and that friend tried to fuck shit up for me. this situation is the best to be in because the friend/lover is reacting to you. plus if she's with you in front of her it's because she wants dick and knows you can offer something the girl can't. the girl knows this too and gets jealous and needy and it plays into your frame. so that's one to look out for.

>