Omaha Lovin'

dage

Space Monkey
space monkey
What's up y'all, decided to start a lil journal to help tighten up my shit. I'm a 25 year old dude stationed on the little stretch of Missouri river floodplain known as Omaha, home to Warren Buffett and corn-flavored ice cream. My girlfriend of two years broke up with me in March, and after some wallowing around I decided to pick my bummy ass up and get back into cold approach. Had a few early newbie wins but lately I've been banging my head against the wall a LOT, so I hoped writing down some of my experiences would help me figure out what's goin' on and fix it.

I've been relying on nightgame mainly but since I've been struggling there lately I decided to start putting more energy into daygame and apps. Most of my pictures are old and either look like shit or also have my ex so I'm gonna get a photoshoot done this week to remedy that.

Anyway, this will be pretty loose and free-form and fun but also reflective. My buddies and I regularly get ourselves into bizarre shenanigans so I'm sure there will be plenty of that. Of course I welcome any insight or feedback from y'all beautiful experienced men as I work on improving this area of my life.

Last edited:

dage

Space Monkey
space monkey
Want to do a lil writeup on last night's big ol fuckup to start things off.

A few buddies and I barhopped for a bit before hitting up one of the main nightclubs here called Beercan Alley. Had a few early interactions not really worth mentioning, chatted shit with my buddies, then I saw a SMOKING blond (G) in a lace dress and went in with a real gooey complimentary opener. As we started talking her TALL but equally gorgeous friend started coming over, and luckily one of my buds stepped in and started talking her up. We took these girls over to the bar and G is warming up really well, getting in my personal space and giving a lot of eye contact as we chat. I don't go for a makeout because I don't feel it's necessary (idk though, it might helped in solidifying the sexual frame). My instincts tell me it's on, and she lives in the area and doesn't work tomorrow. Logistics are perfect.

I buy us shots and eventually the bar closes, and we lead them out. We're standing outside the bar and, instead of being a boss, I just don't fucking take control of the situation so it fizzles. My buddy immediately just gets the number of the friend and instead of instigating a pull/bounce I just number close the blond. Ugh. NEWBIE SHIT.

We'll see if I can make anything happen with the number, but she hasn't responded yet and nightclub numbers are always whatever.

Just want to jot down a few points so I don't forget.
  • Subconsciously I definitely felt like G was out of my league, so that made me more hesitant to escalate (kiss/pull). It also made me really overly reactive to shifts in her attention, like whenever she turned to talk to her friend. The goal is to eventually REGULARLY CLOSE girls at this tier, so I gotta figure this out. Even with that said, I don't know why I was such a wuss.
  • It's so fucking important to take control after exiting the venue and I didn't do that. She was walking home, so it would have been ridiculously simple to just say "hey, I'll walk you home."
  • While talking in the club, we stayed at the bar the entire time. Would have been smart to lead her around the venue a bit to establish some level of compliance.
  • I take cues from my buddies way too much. As soon as I saw my friend taking the number of his girl, I was all like "oh okay, guess we're just doing numbers then." I gotta be the one to step up and be a damn leader.
Disappointing night. Girls THIS HOT are hard to find in Omaha period, let ones that are single and receptive. I definitely fumbled the bag. Gotta take this one on the chin and not repeat the same mistakes.

Last edited:

dage

Space Monkey
space monkey
Went out with a couple of good buds last night. Didn't pull, BUT I felt much much smoother than last night and came away with at least a few good numbers that will hopefully materialize to dates this week. Had pretty much zero AA throughout the night, I was in the zone. Still have to tighten up my logistics screening and pull seeding because that ended up biting me in the ass.

Few interactions worth mentioning:
  • As soon as we got inside there was this tall blond SMOKESHOW standing near the bar and I stepped without hesitating which was dope. Don't remember what I said but it was super complimentary and genuine and she ate it up. Talked with her for 10 mins, grabbed her number and IG, and did a takeaway to go mack on some more chicks. She mentioned she was going to be leaving very soon so didn't seem worth hitching my wagon to. (But damn, she was fine.)
  • Ran into this one chick who one of my wings had pulled to my place a few weeks ago (I'd pulled a different girl that same night). My wing said he'd basically ghosted her after pulling. We danced (read: simulated sex on the dancefloor) and she told me she was in a hoe phase. Did a quick takeaway to ask my buddy if he was cool with me hooking up with her because obviously I'm not tryin to step on my wing's toes, and he gave the all clear. Unfortunately her unattractive friends were insanely lame and came to demand that she leave the venue with them because they were tired. Tried to get her to stay and hang but no dice (weak). Grabbed her number and she promised to see me later this week so we'll see.
  • Approached a cute little blond thing at the bar with a big ol compliment about her sexy top. Vibed for a a few minutes talking about random shit, going amazing. Then one of her friends came over — surprise, it was some girl I'd hit on at some bar sometime who remembered me fondly, and she gave me a hug. So now all of us are talking and I realize I have no idea what to fucking do with these two girls. I ask them where they live (as in general area, but it didn't register in my head that this was a weird fucking question) and they got weirded out or something and the fat friend said "LET'S GO" and they left.
  • Somehow started talking to this hot little black girl and took her to dance, which she did enthusiastically. Did this for a while and then her friends swooped in, so she gave me her number and said she would text me tonight. Cool.
The lights came on and my buds and I left the venue shortly thereafter with a pair of girls who we later realized were so drunk they could barely speak. We left them and harassed a few different women outside the venue but nothing stuck, so we started walking back to mine. I got a text back from the black girl asking where I was, and I sent my address and told her to come through and eat pita chips with us. She was like cool, I'm coming. Didn't hear from her until I got an audio message from her saying she was too drunk and going back to her place. Disappointing, but we texted a bit today so I think this still has good potential.

On the positive side, lots of good approaches and solid sets that didn't pan out for one reason or another. Gotta work on figuring out logistics early in set, and having backup options in case things with a particular girl go awry.

Last edited:

dage

Space Monkey
space monkey
Link to my LR from last night

Went to a local two-day indie rock festival this last weekend with a couple good friends. Had a great time, though I spent most of my time getting extremely drunk and throwing beach balls at strangers. Saturday night we snuck in a 25 oz bottle of Bacardi in a water bottle and I split it with one of my buddies, causing us both to get pretty well shitfaced and belligerent.

Our DD friend drove us out to the bars afterward and we decided to wait in line at this bar we'd never been to before. We talked drunkenly with a big group on the street and they said we were dope and should come to their afterparty, which in retrospect we should have done because there were some hotties there. But we commit to the bar and eventually get in. Inside I open this cute brunette with a little blond friend who happens to be from my hometown and I talk shit about the high school she went to. My friend is too drunk to be an effective wing so I decide to just grab her number, though unfortunately in my drunken state in comes out like "GIVE ME YO-OUR NOMBER SO WE CAN HUNG UT." Fuck, I'd kept it together so well up to that point. She gives it to me though I can sense my slurred words didn't do me any favors. (Sure enough, she responded to my initial text but hasn't responded since.)

Spent the rest of the night wandering around uncouthly harassing girls and trying to prevent my buddy from causing fights. Had an old fat woman come up and try to seduce me by strangling me and telling me I looked beautiful. Good fun but I won't be landing any hotties at that level of alcohol consumption.

Last edited:

dage

Space Monkey
space monkey
Made an appearance last night. I'd been out with a cold the last couple days and was planning on staying in so I could sip herbal tea and watch nonsense on YouTube and go to bed at a reasonable hour, but then one of my buddies texted and said he wanted to go mack on chicks at a gay club. I felt like dogshit, but how could I resist an offer like that?

So I go over to his place and we pregame for a bit before walking down to the club. With some alcohol in me I promptly forgot that I was ever sick in the first place. Another group of friends was meeting us there, some people I knew and some I didn't, whatever.

At the club I get straight to business and talk to this blond cutie (M) dancing with her friends. Hooks really well and we talk for a bit, then her friends say they're going upstairs and I say I'll see you around the place. Cool. (Later I run into her again upstairs and I'm like "what's up M" and I guess she is extremely taken that I remembered her name, saying "you remembered me, you're so nice, you're the best, come find me later please, we'll be down on x dancefloor." I don't take her number because I expect to run into her again, but in retrospect I should've, because that's the last I see of her. Need to be better about IG/number closing early on.)

I notice a tall beauty (N) I nearly hooked up with a couple months ago (slept over at her place, both butt naked, but got LMR like a motherfucker and couldn't seal it, left me pretty fucking scarred actually lol) and step up. She's delighted to see me and gives me a big hug. She dancing with some lesbians (she also self-describes as an "80/20 lesbian") but she shoos them away so we can talk and gives me a lil kiss. I talk to her for a bit but eject politely on a high note. At this point I'm wary about investing time into this chick after feeling fucking used our first night together.

Open this blond STUNNER on the edge of the dancefloor with some basic shit. "What's your name?" "R." "Holy shit that's my sister's name, HUG!" She takes to it very well and immediately is all up in my shit. She turns around and starts writhing her body on me. Within a few minutes her friends pull her off. Ugh. Should have pursued this one harder.

Run into another girl (H) I was hooking up with for a couple months but broke things off with because she was getting too serious. Talk to her for a bit. Apparently she came with a friend but her friend left and now she's there alone. I really want to avoid giving her the wrong signals, so I tell her it was great seeing her and to have a good night. Annoyingly she hangs around and starts dancing with my buddy, who looks very uncomfortable with the situation.

N comes over and tells me all her lesbo friends left but has plans to hook up with one of them later. She wants to dance with me until she gets her booty call. Wtf do I look like, some gay dancing monkey? All good though, I let her dance with me. She says she's rolling and offers me some molly but I respectfully decline (good choice dage!).

As we dance I'm getting FUCK ME NOW eyes from this cute blond girl over N's shoulder but I'll admit I'm weirded out by this whole situation and don't make any moves. This slightly chubby brunette chick starts pinching my butt and rubbing herself on me, then asks for my number. I give it to her. The blond cutie comes over and starts dancing right next to me, like physically touching, but I still don't do anything because I don't know how H and N will react and frankly I'm getting annoyed that they're both hanging around. The blond STUNNER from earlier also comes near but I don't reapproach. I'm way too fucking worried about coming across like an asshole to these two chicks and it's paralyzing my game.

At 2ish the lights come on and everyone starts meandering out of the club. N, as expected, is driving home to hook up with her lesbo fuckbuddy. I walk her to her car outside and she gives me a long hug and insists I text her. We'll see about that. (Eh who am I kidding, I'm going to text her.)

H is still hanging out with my buddy as we leave the club. Maybe she's hoping he'll take her home. Personally I don't give two fucks. She walks with us for a couple blocks and then finally says she's going to walk home. We say our goodbyes and she leaves.

Weird and kind of frustrating night overall. I feel like I'm on the cusp of making a real breakthrough with my nightgame — even being sick I was hooking sets left and right and killing it with verbals and escalation. I'm trying to mold my nightgame into kind of an Alex-style social butterfly type of game using frequent takeaways and reapproaches, which feels very natural for an extrovert like me. I need to work on a) getting contact info early and b) screening logistics. Once I get better at those two things I hope to see some real improvement in my results.

Last edited:
>