OR

AFCnoob

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Even since before I started actively studying/learning PU, I"ve started doing something weird: observing other couples who are interacting in public.

I came home drunk tonight, not giving a F* about anything, and walked around the edge of the fountain in my park as usual (I do this to prove I'm not drunk). Then I saw this dude, stumbling drunk, trying to walk a white line on the sidewalk, and his girl, trying to pick him up and get him home.

I'd just come off a failed close, so I decided to pop a squat and watch them just for the hell of it. This dude couldn't go three steps without falling off the line. His girl was also legit hot, and totally dedicated (she actually went and bought us beer later). The dude started kicking a tree, and then noticed me sitting there, quite obviously watching them. I was blown away. Here was a dude, stumbling drunk, looking like an idiot, and a woman patiently putting him back on his feet, then walking off to buy him beer (?!!). I wondered when I would ever get to that point. When I could be at my absolute worst, and my woman would just be patiently waiting there.

Anyway, some dudes get punchy when they're drunk and you stare at them, but I was ready for this (wouldn't be the first time I've had the crap beat out of me when I was drunk). He just came over though, and put his arm around me and shook my hand.

We talked about all kinds of stuff: he told me about his mother who committed suicide when he was 14, and the wife he'd left behind to be with the woman who was currently before us. I told him about the wife of 7 years I'd left behind because I'm a 32-year-old child. We were instant friends. I turns out he lives a couple of doors down from me. Awesome.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Haha, I enjoyed reading this AFCnoob.

I live in a college community, so I see regular drunken activity like this also. There is also a beach/college bar scene about 10 minutes from me, so I'll see all kinds of shit like that when I'm down there. I wanted to point out something in your post that I have been doing for a long time: observing couples interacting in public.

I've always been a guy who has been hungry to observe and learn about things that I am passionate about, and women (of course) was always one of these passions for me. I would observe all of my friends who had girlfriends and they way they would interact with them and how the girls would interact back. I would ALWAYS take mental notes so that I could analyze their behavior later in my free time and try to understand it.

Until I came to this website, I really didn't understand that whole dynamic of "drunken, idiotic-looking guy with hot girl." Chase cleared this up for me and made it simple: this guy most likely moved fast and took this woman to bed in a short amount of time, giving her a "powerful, sexual experience" that she hasn't forgotten. She now views him as a powerful man and is actually the one trying to convince him that she is the woman he needs to take care of him.

Funny how that works, huh?

Moral of the story: move fast and close fast with women. Before you know it, they'll be the ones cooking and taking care of you. ;)

AFCnoob

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks for the pointer. I only recently started doing this (again, I was somewhat socially retarded through my adolescence), but I definitely do it now. It is an interesting dynamic, and this is not the first time I've seen it. I may make note of the other time in another OR. Also, I foolishly forgot to add a sub title to this OR (the topic is just OR), any way I can get that moderated or fixed?

>