Potential Age Probe

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey all,

Short one, thinking about better ways to frame the age aspect in my convos. Directly asking "how old are you?" seems to be creating distance for the ones this feels necessary to ask of (may be legal or NOT). It creates a rift defined by age that girls seem to stick to. Thoughts on instead saying:

"Hey, are you...an adult?" *whimsically/skeptically*

No = bowing tf out
Yes I AM AN ADULT = feels like a much more conducive frame for her to hold.

She's no longer "18" being talked to by some obviously older guy, she's an adult talking to an adult.
Any thoughts on delivery or any other aspect?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

sunnygirl

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey @TheEcho if you want my thoughts, this is a PERFECT way to frame the conversation.
Listen being 18 myself I have a unique perspective on this, I freaking hate being infantilized because of my age and gender (and ethnicity lol), I'm a damn adult in the eyes of society and too often get treated like I'm not just because I'm a "new" adult. Well, fuck that.

Anyways, this is an amazing take on the potential age probe. She's an adult talking to another adult. Not only does this generate respect from her end by you not acting like every other guy and fetishizing her age or whatever, but also it will get her hamster wheel running because she's aware that you're not playing games and you have a strong frame.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I used to ask “so, where did you go to college?” or “what high school are you in?”… most times they will tell you something on the lines of “oh no, I’m done with that already” and that’s your sign that she is old enough for you.
Sometimes girls give you ambiguos answers or avoid the question but it works about 80% of the time.

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I can see the annoyance it creates! It's easy to tease on the age thing as well, but put it all together and it seems to alienate y'all if done too much 😅

I use that sometimes, but I tend to open directly and would rather have the age cleared up before I'm "hitting on them". So this question would be the opener on questionable girls

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I use that sometimes, but I tend to open directly and would rather have the age cleared up before I'm "hitting on them". So this question would be the opener on questionable girls

I don’t suggest using it as an opener, the girl is not invested yet as to give you any real answer.

Just after getting the hook is a better time to ask this question.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Do as you want, I’m just sharing you my field tested approach.

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Directly asking "how old are you?" seems to be creating distance for the ones this feels necessary to ask of (may be legal or NOT).
Really depends on how you do it... I remember last week my game was quite off and I just asked a girl her age out of habit, feeling like I didn't have much to work with, so I just asked on autopilot, and it sounded very wrong... like I was saying she was old, or too young for me.

I always ask girls and they reply with enthusiasm when I ask in a way that suggests I'm genuinely curious about her age... Think like "oh I really can't tell what age this girl is, she looks so young but the way she carries herself suggests she's a bit older... I guess I'll just ask her, I need to know!". Generally girls will then ask my age, and then I'll turn it into a game for them to guess my age, so I get some free compliance.

Generally I would say the problem is not what you talk about, but why are you saying what you are saying in the first place.
Meditate about where your mind is trying to go with what you are saying, and if you're not sure, maybe it's time to direct it to the path of fun and pleasure ;)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
"Oh my God, you're totally a high school girl, aren't you?"

^ if you have any doubts at all.

If she's a senior, then you just tell her, "Oh, you're a senior; so mature!" and let her qualify herself.

If she's anything younger, you just say, "All right, guess I'll look for you in a few years then. Stay in school!" and make your exit.

Old man winter

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is giving me ideas. By itself, it feels awkward, but I could make great use of this as part of something larger to open with a playful energy

E.g.

1) Walking past a chick, make eye contact. The second she looks at you, stick your tongue out at her
2) She gives a "WTF?" reaction or something
3) "Oh, geez, sorry... are you an adult?"
4) "Obviously"
5) "Oh god.. oh no... tell me you didn't come here to talk about corporate tax structures, and... (looks around conspiratorially) dentures"

Last edited:
>