Quit your life and travel.

fpt2k14

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Anyone ever given this chance? I've read multiple traveler's blogs and they all say the same thing. It never costs more than $30k a year, and all it really takes is the guts to just do it. The rest is golden. That initial first step is the toughest one.

I, myself, have been dreaming now for about a year about the way I want to live my 20's. Just partying it up in the world's top venues. Picking up chicks, seeing really cool places, hiking, camping, meeting locals, all with a really tight friend.

I've been working for about 6 months now on creating a blog on something I'm passionate about and build an online business that will support my travels. It's a romanticized, simplistic and childish way of looking at life but I really am looking forward to it. I want to make it happen. It's not as hard as one may think.

$30,000 a year online isn't very hard to make with some base knowledge on blogs, monetizing and how ranking/traffic works. I bet off of adsense alone, GirlsChase could be pulling in $30-40k a month. Without any eBooks, or memberships. Now this is a highly informative, very high quality blog with an established community and increasing popularity. This isn't easy to mimic, but definitely not impossible.

I just wanted to know if there was anyone else that has been thinking or has been wanting to do something like this.

Thoughts, comments, opinions.

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey fp,

we share a similar goal. I'm 23 and had decided since I can remember that I was going to uproot, start a business and live nomadically. I'm originally from the UK, have lived in Canada for a decade and plan to split my living between North America and Europe, with forays into Asia, and Jamaica (my homeland). I'm a creative at heart, and visions of a settled, static life have always made me shudder. Over the past year I've spent everyday teaching myself to build and design websites. Come 2015 I'm going to launch a freelance venture, and begin my travels. It hasn't been easy and I've faced alot of doubters mostly from the settled masses but I'm determined to make it happen.

Topcat ;)

Raqimus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm right there with you, I've honestly only just started to figure things out but that is my goal. Currently trying to figure out what I can market with my limited experience ya know?

fpt2k14

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Best of luck to you homie. When I went away for college, I sort of got a taste for what it could be like on a very minimal scale. I also immigrated from another country (Cuba) with my parents when I was 11. I've lived sort of a nomadic-settler life. But I when I to the Bahamas over summer, I experienced so many things I previously wouldn't have due to my newfound courage to live life in an adventurous manner.

For instance, I made some friendships with really cool guys. I hooked up with a different girl every night on a 4 night cruise. It was definitely an awesome experience. Saw some cool shit, tasted new foods & beers. I want to live like that for my 20's at least. Live life while im young and energetic.

fsc

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
topcat said:
Come 2015 I'm going to launch a freelance venture, and begin my travels.
That's actually the path that I am heavily considering.

My decision will depend on what happens this summer. I've been slacking at school, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to land a summer internship position. If that's the case, then I'll freelance as a web/mobile/software developer and see how it is, and if it's not too difficult to support myself, then I'll continue freelancing upon graduation. Else if I land an internship and I really like the professional setting, or if freelancing REALLY doesn't work out of me over the summer, then I suppose I'll be a drone until I can figure some shit out =/

>