RIP Tom Torero

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I would also like to express my condolences. I met him for the first time briefly in2012 i think - before I started writing for GC. He was a great and sympathetic person with plenty of interesting theories. I really liked his rapport building stack.

We were supposed to hang out in a club (together with Yad) but it never took place sadly.

I didn't know him well, i only met im once briefly, but I am left with a good impression of the person.

It is sad to see people take their own life. I do not want to theorize too much, but the times we live in are hard for people like us who has made pick up and seduction not only our main hobby but also our living bread.

These were very sad news.

Teevs

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I would like to add my condolences as well.

None of us was really intimate in friendship with Tom, but someone very close to me, and myself, both benefited from his materials, whether he credited his sources sufficiently or not. His material worked, was actionable, and clearly explained - rare features when we consider the entirety of the content one can find in the seduction space.

Tom's suicide has cemented in my mind the notion that fucking hundreds of girls - and Tom may have started with easy wins, but by his prime he was smashing top-shelf snatch - is not, by itself, enough of a goal in life. I've always thought that fucking babes is a side-show and that a man must seek self-actualization or to become the best version of himself as a priority.

This involves a whole host of aspects, as seen in the Maslow hierarchy of needs, which include things like meaningful relationships (which ONS does not provide), lasting friendships, developing hobbies, maintaining good health so as not to suffer from chronic ailments, and in general taking care not to rattle the powers that be. We all must be adult enough to understand the world in which we operate today, and take the necessary precautions.

I admit it here that I have lost plenty of opportunities for sex with desirable girls, not only due to game flaws (or lack of courage) but also due to not prioritizing it over work, for example. One must have a path, be on a mission, and have backup options for times of crisis.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I would like to add my condolences as well.

None of us was really intimate in friendship with Tom, but someone very close to me, and myself, both benefited from his materials, whether he credited his sources sufficiently or not. His material worked, was actionable, and clearly explained, a rare feature when we consider the entirety of the content one can find in the seduction space.

Tom's suicide has cemented in my mind the notion that fucking hundreds of girls - and Tom may have started with easy wins, but by his prime he was smashing top-shelf snatch - is not, by itself, enough of a goal in life. I've always thought that fucking babes is a side-show and that a man must seek self-actualization or to become the best version of himself as a priority.

This involves a whole host of aspects, as seen in the Maslow hierarchy of needs, which include things like meaningful relationships (which ONS does not provide), lasting friendships, developing hobbies, maintaining good health so as not to suffer from chronic ailments, and in general taking care not to rattle the powers that be. We all must be adult enough to understand the world in which we operate today, and take the necessary precautions.

I admit it here that I have lost plenty of opportunities for sex with desirable girls, not only due to game flaws (or lack of courage) but also due to not prioritizing it over work, for example. One must have a path, be on a mission, and have backup options for times of crisis.
There are a lot of guys that lay multiple women, eventually slows down as you age, but that causation correlation, if i have to bet is the news week article and public shaming that probably was too much to handle....

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
His source of income was hit pretty badly, this is probably what might have triggered his thoughts to end his life.

If it was solely about bad publicity, he would have used it to his advantage (bad boy image).

Last edited:

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase won't say it.

Because he cannot. I will say it. There will be a time where we need to counter cancel the enemy.

We have to break their mental mosque. They are breaking ours.

That time is coming soon.

z@c+

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I don't really know much about the guy, his name came up a few times when looking for learning materials but I never really dug into his stuff. Sad to see someone give up on life.

Looks like all the comments on the article are taking his side, saying he was an inspiration and a stand up guy. Just goes to show that these kind of writers aren't even in touch with their own audience, let alone reality.

XO!

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What a tragedy... rest in peace Mr. Torero. These things are all too common today, even among non-PUAs who simply have the audacity to be sexually active. I myself have dealt with a similar situation, and the experience shook me to my core. I pray that everyone who doesn't deserve such a fate finds the strength to persevere with their heads held high.

Looks like he took down all of his content before he passed... at least that which wasn't already taken down by YouTube. Is any of his content archived elsewhere?

Egor

Space Monkey
space monkey
I read one of his lay report books. I question, does this mark the end of an era in daygame? Does he leave any children I wonder? Darkness has largely fallen over the globe, and 'The Empire', that is, the US and UK, is clearly in decline and will soon be in decay. I question if daygame was easier in 2008 US or 2015 UK; compared to today's times.

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
RIP Tom, I shoot him an email once and he replied in a really cool way, sent me some PDF(s?), but it was long time ago, and I never really got into daygame, though his "grab life by the horns" motto stuck with me, like seize the day, be the man you wanna be...

As shady as recording audio (specially of "sexual encounters") without consent is (though I don't even know if that was really the case, that "news" article was a ridiculous, one sided witch hunt), we all know how people just don't believe without actually seeing/hearing it, and it was enlightening to see how a not so good looking, or rich/famous, almost middle aged man could pull young, pretty girls with courage and pure hot wit (who would believe him, really? People even kept acusing him of paying actresses, something the article never address, though it was a common controversy. Was it consentual after all? Because if it was, this "news" are completely untrue to the core).

Either way, it's sad to see a man take his own life after getting cornered like that, reminds me of that Aaron Swartz case that I learned about only recently... We gotta be careful with how we fight the resistance of society, there's some truly vicious people out there looking for easy pray. Take care you all, and RIP Tom, you will be missed.

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I read one of his lay report books. I question, does this mark the end of an era in daygame? Does he leave any children I wonder? Darkness has largely fallen over the globe, and 'The Empire', that is, the US and UK, is clearly in decline and will soon be in decay. I question if daygame was easier in 2008 US or 2015 UK; compared to today's times.
Daygame has been in decline for years, has nothing to do with Torero's death.

The decline started with the rise of online, apps, and Instagram, and was accelerated by the brutal catalyst of the pandemic.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Daygame has been in decline for years, has nothing to do with Torero's death.

The decline started with the rise of online, apps, and Instagram, and was accelerated by the brutal catalyst of the pandemic.
I hope you mean decline as in “less and less people are doing it”.
Not as “it doesn’t work anymore”… just saying because my experience is opposite (in Mexico).

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I hope you mean decline as in “less and less people are doing it”.
Not as “it doesn’t work anymore”… just saying because my experience is opposite (in Mexico).
I mean decline as in "less effective than it was" (pre-2013).

Can't comment on Mexico, only on Western countries.
Day game will always work when done correctly... It just seems that way less guys are doing it nowadays.
It will always work, it's just less effective every year.

By the way, when less people are doing something, it becomes less socially normal, and thus less effective. Women thrive on social normality.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
By the way, when less people are doing something, it becomes less socially normal, and thus less effective. Women thrive on social normality.

Women thrive on the appearance of social normality. But what they really desire is the exceptional.

Is it normal for a girl to get swept away on an exciting adventure by some dark mysterious stranger? Absolutely not. Yet that's what they want.

Is it normal what you read in women's romance novels, those fiery, passionate men? Is it normal what you read about their sexual fantasies? Absolutely not. Yet that is what they desire.

Normality is a burden to many people, and not just men looking to break out of their chains. Women are oppressed not by the patriarchy but by normality. It erodes their lustful spirit and kills their inner sprite, that's why they end up divorcing the 'perfectly normal' guy they married at forty for one last chance at living an exceptional life.

The only good thing that normality represents for women is security. Being the weaker sex of course she values that more than men. But every good woman whose spirit is not yet broken knows that there will be a moment when she will have to cast it aside to reach for a man worthy of her dreams.

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I mean decline as in "less effective than it was" (pre-2013).

Can't comment on Mexico, only on Western countries.

It will always work, it's just less effective every year.

Day game has never been normal. Catcalling might be normal in some countries, but day game is totally and completely abnormal when it comes to men meeting women.

sab

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Women thrive on the appearance of social normality. But what they really desire is the exceptional.

Is it normal for a girl to get swept away on an exciting adventure by some dark mysterious stranger? Absolutely not. Yet that's what they want.

Is it normal what you read in women's romance novels, those fiery, passionate men? Is it normal what you read about their sexual fantasies? Absolutely not. Yet that is what they desire.

Normality is a burden to many people, and not just men looking to break out of their chains. Women are oppressed not by the patriarchy but by normality. It erodes their lustful spirit and kills their inner sprite, that's why they end up divorcing the 'perfectly normal' guy they married at forty for one last chance at living an exceptional life.

The only good thing that normality represents for women is security. Being the weaker sex of course she values that more than men. But every good woman whose spirit is not yet broken knows that there will be a moment when she will have to cast it aside to reach for a man worthy of her dreams.
Well said. Women are looking for an escape from humdrum normality into adventure and fantasy, if they feel safe and even then. Society forces all of us into roles, duties that become burdensome and stultifying straight-jackets (dead-end jobs, sexless marriages, etc..) that we all dream of escaping. Women have to wrestle with this duality more so than men because of their biological make-up. They cannot have it all in one man i.e.: the full package (a sexy lover and a dependable provider). That's why seduction and good game are essential to learn for men to enjoy the company of attractive females.

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

We're talking at cross purposes. Women desire the exceptional from a man that appears normal. Talking to a stranger in public is increasingly un-normal, and thus daygame is increasingly lower value and lower efficiency (compare 1995 vs. 2013 vs. 2021).

Day game has never been normal. Catcalling might be normal in some countries, but day game is totally and completely abnormal when it comes to men meeting women.
That's why it's always been one of the worst ROI ways to meet women. More hookups have been generated from social circle and nightgame. But again, it's about the trend: now that talking to strangers in public is increasingly abnormal, daygame has become even less tolerated.

>