Should LOW Value Men leave Southern CA?

LucidityComeBackToMe

Space Monkey
space monkey
I sometimes wonder if living in certain regions can be detrimental to one's success. Often it seems that in the PUA community men say/write that "most" men don't know how to do this, "many" men are clueless about this and that, "few" men ever develop these skills, yadi yadi ya. As far as I know this can be true but I believe this depends on the region you are residing in. I don't know, it may just be me, but it appears that "many" guys already have developed their skills in Southern California. I am specifically pointing out the cities bordering the coast like Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Manhattan Beach, San Clemente, and many others (besides Wilmington, CA haha) in Socal. It seems like it is the norm for people to be cool and chill and people just seem good looking in general. Pretty much as if it is in their genes. You see these rich attractive families that just breed MORE rich attractive kids. Seriously you can already tell that certain people are going to be good looking and have desirable body types before they even have started high school (e.g. six pack abs developing, broad shoulders, lean muscle)!! So the level of "naturals" are most likely much higher here than it would be somewhere else.

Anyways what I am getting at is even if I build up my fundamentals and increase my value, I will "NEVER" reach the level of any of these people and will be beneath them. I would just be playing catch up since from what I have seen many of these guys are already at intermediate and advanced levels (many time naturally/intuitively) when it comes to picking up women, have a good sense of style, are interested in cool things like surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding,dirt biking, yoga that are sexy and exciting to women, as mentioned above many people are just good looking in general and are in good shape. I have a few friends that have been quite successful at attracting women into their lives without ever having to approach random people on the streets and I feel like I "KNOW" more about many things than they do even though I have had no success with women. My friend will even tell me "I never put that much thought into this kind of stuff before....you think too much....just be nice to them." Hahahahahaha.

Since I have been reading tons of GC articles and have recently purchased the How To Make Girls Chase ebook I am more aware of things than I have ever been before, I just have not used the knowledge in a fluid way. However it is quite interesting to observe the "why" behind my friends' success with women and just other high value guys in general. I use to be overly simplistic and just assumed people were successful with women because of their looks and coolness factor, but I now see how their actions fit into many of the lessons taught to us by GC. It just seems that far too many men already have developed this skill in my region and are often already high value to boot just by appearances alone.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Lucidity,

What you say about Southern California is quite true... the guys here are naturally good looking and have solid fundamentals when it comes to women. But there's a two-fold effect to this that I've noticed (while living in San Diego myself): a large amount of the women here are just as beautiful and sexy themselves.

In my opinion, there are two types of locations you can frequent: locations that have a low amount of attractive men for competition where you can approach the few attractive women that are likely to be receptive to your charm, and locations that are filled with attractive men because it also brings lots of attractive women. Personally, I prefer the the latter because I like to know that I am surrounded by attractive women and that I have plenty of opportunities to approach the ones that I find physically attractive. And on the flip side of the coin, I find that it's much more difficult for me to approach a girl if she's one of the only attractive ones in the room, even if the competition is weak.

Everyone's preference may be different, and I know that Chase prefers the former of the two options I listed above because he's confident enough to make the approaches on those few attractive women without letting them slip by, but I prefer the latter because, when you talk to a girl, you can guarantee yourself that she'll likely be attractive. And since there are tons of other attractive women, it actually makes her feel like her value is "lower" since there is so much competition for her as well. It can be a great opportunity to take home a beautiful girl who is just hoping she'll find a confident guy willing to take the lead for her that day (or night).

So although California can be tough, I would try to use these obstacles to your advantage first to see if you can get some solid benefits from it. Also, if you seem to be having trouble in Orange Country, you can always try San Diego as well. The women here tend to be even more laid back and easy-going but just as beautiful.

- Franco

LucidityComeBackToMe

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ah thank you for giving me another perspective on this that I did not think about. I can see how if one is living in a remote area with sparse amounts of attractive women, it would be easier to put them up on a pedestal and approach anxiety may even be higher. Also it is quite possible that one may even fall into the "can't stop thinking about her trap" since there are not a whole lot of attractive women in the region to begin with and you really do feel like you missed out.

It is hard for a day to go by where I do not see attractive women around. It can be kind of a visual stimuli overload since you can scan an area and see an abundance of attractive women. I will have to keep the concept in mind that many of these women may actually have insecurities since there is so much competition around. I definitely would consider leaving Orange County if a job opportunity came up or I had some reason to leave for good because even though there is an abundance of attractive women here I tend to not like their personalities (although I am generalizing). Orange County is pretty bland when it comes to the arts, experimentation, and thinking outside of the box. LA is not my thing either since it attracts all those wannabe stars and such. I do have to admit they have more interesting cuisine, bars, galleries, and a diverse population. However it is very car unfriendly and you pretty much have to pay anytime you go out and park somewhere.

San Diego would probably be cool to try out someday.

Madara Fire Annihilation

Space Monkey
space monkey
Lucidity,

What you say about Southern California is quite true... the guys here are naturally good looking and have solid fundamentals when it comes to women. But there's a two-fold effect to this that I've noticed (while living in San Diego myself): a large amount of the women here are just as beautiful and sexy themselves.

In my opinion, there are two types of locations you can frequent: locations that have a low amount of attractive men for competition where you can approach the few attractive women that are likely to be receptive to your charm, and locations that are filled with attractive men because it also brings lots of attractive women. Personally, I prefer the the latter because I like to know that I am surrounded by attractive women and that I have plenty of opportunities to approach the ones that I find physically attractive. And on the flip side of the coin, I find that it's much more difficult for me to approach a girl if she's one of the only attractive ones in the room, even if the competition is weak.

Everyone's preference may be different, and I know that Chase prefers the former of the two options I listed above because he's confident enough to make the approaches on those few attractive women without letting them slip by, but I prefer the latter because, when you talk to a girl, you can guarantee yourself that she'll likely be attractive. And since there are tons of other attractive women, it actually makes her feel like her value is "lower" since there is so much competition for her as well. It can be a great opportunity to take home a beautiful girl who is just hoping she'll find a confident guy willing to take the lead for her that day (or night).

So although California can be tough, I would try to use these obstacles to your advantage first to see if you can get some solid benefits from it. Also, if you seem to be having trouble in Orange Country, you can always try San Diego as well. The women here tend to be even more laid back and easy-going but just as beautiful.

- Franco
Hey Franco, thanks for your posting. Currently in SD, where would you go to meeting women, as most of the one I see around isn't all that attractive as people claim them to be. north park bunch of weird feminist, liberal, and etc. I 'm opened to meeting but it just seems that the quantities and quality aren't there, compared to what I've seen in NYC.

What would your take be?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Franco, thanks for your posting. Currently in SD, where would you go to meeting women, as most of the one I see around isn't all that attractive as people claim them to be. north park bunch of weird feminist, liberal, and etc. I 'm opened to meeting but it just seems that the quantities and quality aren't there, compared to what I've seen in NYC.

What would your take be?

MFA,

Yeah, I would never really go to North Park or Hillcrest to meet beautiful women - very hipster-ish scene there. It can be fun to go there once in awhile as drinks are cheaper and they have some cool little spots there (Seven Grand actually is a decent spot - I've seen some attractive women there several times).

But if you want to find really beautiful girls, you definitely have to go downtown. There's always tons of attractive women there both day and night, and you'll never have a shortage of them.

If you want to mix it up, there's also plenty of beautiful girls at the beach (Mission Beach or PB) as well as plenty of beautiful girls the farther north you go (La Jolla, University City, and Del Mar all have areas with tons of attractive women).

Generally speaking, the closer to the beach you are, the more attractive the women in SD. That should make sense for the most part given that lots of women who want to stay fit and attractive are often living by the beach.

Cheers,

Franco

Last edited:

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
NOTE: Keep in mind that we're in COVID-19 season right now, and I'm sure lots of cuties are staying home. I unfortunately would not recommend coming here at the moment as a way to gauge the quality and quantity of attractive women that are normally in San Diego.

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
Lucidity,

- Franco

I am a noob so take this with a grain of salt if you wish, but I agree with Franco about the distribution of attractiveness of people in a given area. Areas that have hotter girls are also going to usually have taller, better-looking guys as well.

Currently I live in Iowa. In my opinion, the girls here are much sexier than where I grew up back in upstate NY. But the men are hotter as well.

Madara Fire Annihilation

Space Monkey
space monkey
NOTE: Keep in mind that we're in COVID-19 season right now, and I'm sure lots of cuties are staying home. I unfortunately would not recommend coming here at the moment as a way to gauge the quality and quantity of attractive women that are normally in San Diego.
LOL just wondering how since you mentioned LA joLLA and university city, how you had any chance with UCSD girls at all or the college one, there definitely are majority Asian population there, I don't mind ; )

Peleus

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Franco I'm thinking of moving to San Diego when Rona is over. How has San Diego been during the pandemic. Hoping people will flock to urban cities after the pandemic just like the 1920's

Exploring the gaslamp district near Petco. Housing is soo expensive!! Hoping something happens with this "everything" bubble so housing can become affordable again.

>