Should you date a girl that is Friends with your Best Friend??

Skeith

Space Monkey
space monkey
I need some help on this one. So my best friend that I have known for like maybe 15 years now is a really good friend to me. He has helped me out in all kinds of situations and has always hooked me up on going to clubs and stuff. So recently he introduced me to his cousin and she's 19 years old and kind of wants to get into the club life I guess you can say. For the last few days going out she has been giving me a little bit more heavy eye contact then usually. I know she wants me to ask her out and just see where things go. But my only issue with dating her is that I don't want to make things awkward or ruin my friendship with my good friend or her either. I also have another cousin of his that is in this group and I can feel she likes me too but I'm just not into her at all.

Long story short:
How can I date this girl without making it awkward around the social group or ruin the friendship I have with my friend or his cousin that likes me but I don't like her. And if things don't work at all with the girl I'm going on a date with. Then I would still like to be friends with her too.

I hope that makes sense. And I would really love some feedback on this one because for like the last month I've been really close to asking her out or taking her back to my place.

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Honestly I don't like this question at all because it comes from a place of scarcity.

Personally I'd go for the 1000's of other available girls where there's no potential backlash I.E ones in clubs you go to

Especially because

best friend that I have known for like maybe 15 years now is a really good friend to me

and 2.

has always hooked me up on going to clubs and stuff

You risk killing the golden goose that gives you access to other girls for the sake of x1. It's short term thinking at best.

Good friends are also hard to come by.

How can I date this girl without making it awkward around the social group or ruin the friendship I have with my friend

You even asking it suggests that your current skill level won't be able to pull this off...

To summarise in London slang: "Don't die for nKvothe"

Last edited:

Skeith

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks for the honest DoWhatWorks. Needed that kick in the nuts. And I love my bro don't get me wrong. I look out for him and he looks out for me. But his cousin is so cute, which sucks because I'm around her a lot, and to be completely honest I haven't gotten tail in who knows how long. My guy friends say they haven't gotten a girl in like in like 2 weeks and I bet I beat them at that. I won't say how long, but its been awhile. Been trying to go out more and to meet more girls. What sucks is that I'm always working and I meet girls at my job but I don't want to date them because then it risks my job, and then I see this girl in the group that I would like to date but then I possibly risk losing my friend, not sure how he would react to me dating his cousin. But ya that's my situation really, it sucks because I'm around this group so much.

Vision

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Bro code 101:

Always talk to your good friend and ask them what they think about you dating said person before you start dating said person. Whatever their answer is is the final answer. And if he even seems uncomfortable about it but says he's okay with it, don't do it.

As a man, you need to be direct and communicate with fellow men.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Bro code 101:

Always talk to your good friend and ask them what they think about you dating said person before you start dating said person. Whatever their answer is is the final answer. And if he even seems uncomfortable about it but says he's okay with it, don't do it.

As a man, you need to be direct and communicate with fellow men.
Totally this. Just be like "hey bro, you're my bro. Our friendship means a lot. I've totally been feeling your cousin lately but our friendship is top propriety. I'm just curious how what your thoughts are on the matter so I can proceed in the best way for everybody" hear him out and really pay attention to his vibe and what he is throwing down. Even if he is not feeling it, a solid bro would never fault their homie for being straight up and asking them.
Also, even if he is down for you to do whatever be aware that social circle game always comes with social circle risk. Like if you do his cuz dirty, or even just play her weird, that has the potential to affect your relationship with him. So make sure you handle your shit right, or just take the game elsewhere where the social circle risk isn't a factor. Like cold approach

>