Socially Savvy response to being ignored

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
I was speaking to a girl today and her girl friend tried to cock block me, and the girl i was talking to genuinely tried introducing me to her friend, I too tried speaking to her, she kept ignoring me and spoke only to her friend, maybe the girl I was into was not socially aware, so she did not try to involve me in the conversation,eventually both of the girls started ignoring me altogether, is there a way I could have dealt with them ignoring me and at least got back to talking with her?

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@dark hawk dude! That's a rough situation to be in, your targets friend didn't approve of you and so your target fell in line with her. Maybe this is something about you where she didn't accept you or maybe she was in a mood but either way this is difficult to overcome when you don't know her. Your target owes you nothing and she already broke circle so your bubbles popped.

If you can't win her friends approval there's high odds you've lost your chance.

You can tease and amplify showing how she's socially clueless or being purposefully rude

"Wow she's very friendly" "I bet she's the life of the party" "she's very talkative, I can't get a word in" - this needs to be said early as soon as she ignores the introduction/ignores you and she might warm up - she can also react negatively to this, don't flinch and laugh it off

You can point out she's rude, "you're being very rude, we're having a conversation" if you're feeling it - "run along and play, the grown ups are talking" you've got nothing to lose here.

Last ditch effort is to frame it that you're too busy. "I need to go but you seem cool, we should get drinks sometime" very low odds at this stage but you've tried everything.

>