Fashion  Style make-over question

OldSelf

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm going for something like
b12c96ce3a48d25b2c0f549da01d4b34.jpg
(guy on the right)

However, everyone in LA keeps telling me that it's going to get unbearably-skin-melting hot.

What's your take on the style (what's it give off) and if wearing a blazer and jeans/pants is remotely appropriate.

Cheers,

SilverTongue

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
ST-

It's a good look, yeah.

That said, it WILL get hot in a blazer like that. LA summers are scorchers.

I tried rocking the blazer or light jacket look in LA during the summer, because you just look damn sexier in a jacket of some sort, no two ways about it... however, I just had to abandon it. If your only two choices are look sexier but get heat stroke, or look less sexy but no heat stroke, you're usually going to go for the one that doesn't involve heat stroke.

The button-down-shirt-with-rolled-up-sleeves look is always a good one. Just look for interesting shirts with attractive patterns on them that look good on you and fit you well. If you can find a good tailor, perhaps have a couple of shirts tailor-made for you.

Then, when autumn rolls around, you can begin sporting the blazer + t-shirt look.

Chase

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
ST-

It's a good look, yeah.

I tried rocking the blazer or light jacket look in LA during the summer, because you just look damn sexier in a jacket of some sort, no two ways about it... however, I just had to abandon it. If your only two choices are look sexier but get heat stroke, or look less sexy but no heat stroke, you're usually going to go for the one that doesn't involve heat stroke.

The button-down-shirt-with-rolled-up-sleeves look is always a good one. Just look for interesting shirts with attractive patterns on them that look good on you and fit you well. If you can find a good tailor, perhaps have a couple of shirts tailor-made for you.

Then, when autumn rolls around, you can begin sporting the blazer + t-shirt look.

Chase

Yeah extreme heat is a major problem when it comes to fashion .

I know we have this article by Darius https://www.girlschase.com/content/5-sex ... s-men-2015

But, almost every outfit is portrayed with a jacket, a vest or a blazer, which is simply impossible in some places during the summer.

Could we get a new article about summer fashion?

Cheers

OldSelf

Space Monkey
space monkey
CaptainHenley said:
Chase said:
ST-

It's a good look, yeah.

Chase

Yeah extreme heat is a major problem when it comes to fashion .

I know we have this article by Darius https://www.girlschase.com/content/5-sex ... s-men-2015

But, almost every outfit is portrayed with a jacket, a vest or a blazer, which is simply impossible in some places during the summer.

Could we get a new article about summer fashion?

Cheers

@Chase - Thanks for the reply! Does having a coat with you and throwing it over your shoulder or folding it over your arm have any cool points with fashion?

A lot of the heat issues can be addressed with a simple "Take it off from 12-3 as I'm internally cooking" - at least so far as I can see with the LA Spring.

@CaptHenley
I totally agree with you, sometimes it really is too unbearable.

I remember Chase wrote and article (couldn't find the link!) saying that if you're to hot in 2+ layers and are sweating a ton, simply hop in a sauna and get your body used to high temperatures so that you're no longer walking around with pit stains. I never had an issue with sweating since I'm from a pretty tropical place - but a friend I recommended it to gratefully passes that info to others as it worked like a charm for him.

ST

tvktvk

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey ST,

I know this is a bit late, but the hawaii shirt outfit has probably been the sexiest summer trend this year.

images

When going out this summer I often rocked a dark vacay shirt, black jeans and chelsea boots. Killer outfit.

tvktvk

NorthStar

Space Monkey
space monkey
OldSelf said:
I'm going for something like
b12c96ce3a48d25b2c0f549da01d4b34.jpg
(guy on the right)

However, everyone in LA keeps telling me that it's going to get unbearably-skin-melting hot.

What's your take on the style (what's it give off) and if wearing a blazer and jeans/pants is remotely appropriate.

Cheers,

SilverTongue

Such style looks extremely cool! :) As also the two other pictures, nice ideas too! And I can't understand why is it wearing the jeans with blazer isn't ok? :) For example, here's many cool examples with such style http://stylemann.com/best-blazer-with-jeans-ideas/ and a lot of griels find it extremely hot :)
I adore this style too, some of my usual outfits are similiar to these ones :)

11-V-Neck-and-Blazer-650x650.jpg

13-Cool-with-Two-Coats-e1477490161703-650x650.jpg

>