Sunglasses during day game approach

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This may sound lame but I'm sure daygamers can relate:

1. Do you remove your sunglasses after you approach a chick? It comes across as over-investment if you remove it but if you don't, you can't make eye-contact, which is the whole point you approached. It can also come across as douchy until she's hooked.

2. If she's wearing sunglasses, I ask her to remove it after she's hooked. Sometimes me removing sunglasses puts social pressure on her to remove but some strong-headed chicks leave them on while you have removed your's. This creates an imbalance in investment from the get-go. How do you deal with it?

3. If it's really sunny and one or both of you're unable to even open your eyes and she isn't hooked yet, asking her to move and remove her glasses is too much to ask for. If there is no shade nearby, it makes it even harder. Sometimes from the vibe I can tell she'll agree and I move her but if I miscalculated, I'll enter negative compliance - "No" ladder. How do you deal?

4. If you remove your glasses before you approached her and she's wearing them, it already started with an imbalance in investment and started off on the wrong foot.

It makes a huge difference in fundamentals. I lose a lot of chics due to these things, even if she would've been interested. Any tips?

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I don't think it's worth looking at this as an 'investment imbalance', the same as you doing most of the talking at the start. It's just what you might have to do to get things going.

I usually don't wear sunnies in daygame anyway, it looks good hanging off my collar and makes her more comfortable when she can see my eyes.

You can also take off your sunglasses the way 007 does it, if you need to make it look stylish.

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You can also take off your sunglasses the way 007 does it, if you need to make it look stylish.
Good point. I'll practice to make it come across as "being interested in knowing her" by making eye-contact than "oh wow! You're amazing that you need to be looked at with my naked eyes"

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Good point. I'll practice to make it come across as "being interested in knowing her" by making eye-contact than "oh wow! You're amazing that you need to be looked at with my naked eyes"
You don't want to go over the top but adding a bit of subtle pizzazz to common movements works wonders. Especially when you're relaxed and moving slow, it creates a wonderful build up of tension.

MarioTheDom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This may sound lame but I'm sure daygamers can relate:

1. Do you remove your sunglasses after you approach a chick? It comes across as over-investment if you remove it but if you don't, you can't make eye-contact, which is the whole point you approached. It can also come across as douchy until she's hooked.

2. If she's wearing sunglasses, I ask her to remove it after she's hooked. Sometimes me removing sunglasses puts social pressure on her to remove but some strong-headed chicks leave them on while you have removed your's. This creates an imbalance in investment from the get-go. How do you deal with it?

3. If it's really sunny and one or both of you're unable to even open your eyes and she isn't hooked yet, asking her to move and remove her glasses is too much to ask for. If there is no shade nearby, it makes it even harder. Sometimes from the vibe I can tell she'll agree and I move her but if I miscalculated, I'll enter negative compliance - "No" ladder. How do you deal?

4. If you remove your glasses before you approached her and she's wearing them, it already started with an imbalance in investment and started off on the wrong foot.

It makes a huge difference in fundamentals. I lose a lot of chics due to these things, even if she would've been interested. Any tips?
K.I.S.S.

Just remove them them before approaching having them hanging :)

tenere

Space Monkey
space monkey
I don't believe squinting into the sun is a good look and should just be avoided. While chatting up a girl it's a bit more respectful to take them off and look them in the eye. Also helps them see what a charmer you are.

Glasses on is a "out of business" sign..

metalbird

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Personally, I use the movement of taking my sunglasses as a non-verbal pre-opener. I'll face my attention towards her (which usually gets her attention) and then take my sunglasses off (which signals "I'm going to talk to you"). I'm surprised you see at is over-investment; it's lower investment than a verbal opening like "excuse me" or "I'm sorry to interrupt". You can take it a step further by extending your hand before you say anything -- if she's interested, she'll shake your hand anything is even spoken. Of course, all of these motions have to be done reasonably fluidly and quickly, or it will look pretty strange.

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Personally, I use the movement of taking my sunglasses as a non-verbal pre-opener. I'll face my attention towards her (which usually gets her attention) and then take my sunglasses off (which signals "I'm going to talk to you"). I'm surprised you see at is over-investment; it's lower investment than a verbal opening like "excuse me" or "I'm sorry to interrupt". You can take it a step further by extending your hand before you say anything -- if she's interested, she'll shake your hand anything is even spoken. Of course, all of these motions have to be done reasonably fluidly and quickly, or it will look pretty strange.
I never verbally pre-open. My slow (not to startle her) movement towards her is my pre-open. I hardly open a walking chic (unless she's walking very slowly, aimlessly) these days.
Anyway, this could be a good idea too - I just need to make sure to remove my glasses before I make eye-contact

>