Game opportunities and city size.

mossity

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hello all, hope you guys are well.

Lately i've been trying to decide what college I should go to that has the most opportunities to improve my social skills as this might be my only chance to learn in a major city. So one city has a population of 800,000 with the college having an on campus population of 30,000 and the other city has a population of 160,000 with the college having an on campus population of 15,000 The problem is the city with the smaller population has the college I want to go to, however the 800,000 city population school has a similar degree to the one I want. So my question is the smaller city with the smaller on campus population have enough people to learn social skills or should I sacrifice my degree quality and move to the bigger city?

assman93

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@mossity what are the schools/cities?

I went to college in a medium-sized city and there were enough opportunities as an 18-22 yo. Also, keep in mind that population size is not a perfect proxy for how good a given place will be for girls (e.g. male-female ratios, socio-economic factors, the extent to which you fit with the vibe of a place, etc. are all additional layers).

Contrary to what some might say on this forum I would suggest going with the program that is a better fit for you academically. However, if there is not a massive difference in quality it might be worth going with the program in the larger city for the social benefits. Ultimately it boils down to trade-offs and is a decision for you to make based on your own deliberation. Just don't be blindsided by pussy when making major life decisions, plenty of time during college and after to meet girls.

mossity

Space Monkey
space monkey
@mossity what are the schools/cities?

I went to college in a medium-sized city and there were enough opportunities as an 18-22 yo. Also, keep in mind that population size is not a perfect proxy for how good a given place will be for girls (e.g. male-female ratios, socio-economic factors, the extent to which you fit with the vibe of a place, etc. are all additional layers).

Contrary to what some might say on this forum I would suggest going with the program that is a better fit for you academically. However, if there is not a massive difference in quality it might be worth going with the program in the larger city for the social benefits. Ultimately it boils down to trade-offs and is a decision for you to make based on your own deliberation. Just don't be blindsided by pussy when making major life decisions, plenty of time during college and after to meet girls.
Thanks for the reply @assman93 .

The two cities are San Francisco and Hayward which is about 45 mins from SF. As for vibe I think I suit SF more since I am part of the LGTB community. As for the degree if I go to SF the degree I get from there is very similar but will affect jobs I will be qualified for(I probably can get the same job, but wont be as qualified). I'm sure there will be time to meet girls after college but I most likely wont be able to learn in a city like SF again tho. Also the schools are CSU EastBay and San Francisco State University.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@mossity,

I was going to say my impressions of San Francisco are not great… I have pulled there but there are tons of fat chicks and way too many dudes. Not sure what Hayward is like. But if you are gay then it might not matter much. San Fran is probably the most gay-friendly place in the US… everywhere I have gone in San Fran there are either gay dudes around or people wondering if you are gay or talking about being gay.

I don’t think I’ve known any PUAs who lived long-term in San Fran… I had a buddy who moved there with a hot slutty girl only to end up getting cheated on, so he ran off to Hawaii with this fat chick he met in San Fran and got hitched… All the stuff online is tech bros complaining about how tough it is meeting women there because there are just so many dudes.

Hayward looks like it’s the opposite situation, actually… more females than males, based on the Wikipedia. Lots of young people too. Density’s not bad, but it’s not San Francisco levels.

I’d probably go spend a couple weeks in each place if you have the chance to before deciding. If not (can’t get away from school or what have you) then at least spend a few weekends there, reach out to people there and try to get to know them, etc. You can also contact the schools and ask if they can introduce you to students or alumni who can tell you a little about what life in the school and the city is like — most schools will do this for you.

Good luck!

Chase

>