Forum Feedback  General Board Is KJ, Posturing, and Unmoderated

mist

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sooooooo

the general section of this board points towards a concerning direction with this board's culture

I was glancing at the 1st page and guess what

There are 4 post there that are remotely interested in becoming skilled seducer

Kaida asking for strategies maintaining with women from longer distances you've seduced but can't close, Skills on strategies to handle and prevent FRA's, Jan on handling 2-sets - getting chicks with phones to put their phone down and handling period objections, and myself

It just seems rather unmoderated as a category and a distraction from infield work and strategic conversation.

Scroll through it. Many of those posts should be in off topic or beginner. The only reason they aren't probably is because there is shame/ego associated with posting there prolly.

Sorry to call Jan out, but his questions are beginner and easily searched/discussed ad nauseam and he is not the only one but better because at least we're discussing something tangible and strategic

I mean if General Board is the honeytrap for KJ's and those who can't do a basic search/have the grace to go into off topic beginner honorably and I didn't get the memo

feel free to delete this post as it's doing a great job

The signal to noise present there is ridiculous

the general board here is like the /r board of 4chan lmao or a borderline pussy where the dumpster fire is both as warming and entrancing as it is hazardous and stinky

Last edited:

Gladiator

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Slightly deviating from the topic here but I'm glad someone else noticed it. I wish I had found this forum a lot sooner. Some of the advice given here can't be found anywhere else on the internet.

Yet, a lot of guys lack humility to acknowledge the free help they're getting and posture due to ego. It saddens me to see their learning curve getting longer and longer only because of ego and not really making the most out of it.

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
I'm still of the opinion that until someone posts 5 good quality FRs + 1 good quality LR, they should remain level 1. And level 1s should only be allowed to post to beginners/field reports.

Incentivizing writing FRs/LRs would be an amazing thing imo

I just want to see lots of FRs :)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I'm still of the opinion that until someone posts 5 good quality FRs + 1 good quality LR, they should remain level 1. And level 1s should only be allowed to post to beginners/field reports.

Incentivizing writing FRs/LRs would be an amazing thing imo

I just want to see lots of FRs :)

That's an interesting suggestion, @Kvothe.

Have we discussed something like that before?

I'm going to create a separate post to discuss.

-C

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What ive learned from my time being an admin on a few forums, including another or pua forum, is this: You will never get most people to post in the correct forum. Especially not when they are newer to the forums. The best you can hope for is to have an active mod staff that can do the following:

1: Move post to the correct location
2: Recognize KJing and issue warnings to cut it out and explain that we have a culture here that tries to prevent the whole “blind leading the blind” that happens so often on other forums.

@Chase how many mods does this forum have anyways?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@mist I want to apologize for my post (i requested to be deleted to the mods, reported myself).... I guess I am an autist, i thought you were calling my post kj... So it got me mad, anyways bro i was going to do it privately but doing it publicly to be more accountable.....Totally uncalibrated un called for... I was confused cause all along i thought we were cool with each other, so i found it strange, turns out i am a retard...

Disappointed that nobody confronted me or called me out till today privately and accidentally....

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Im kind of surprised you guys even but heads because I know both of you are well meaning people, you especially showed a big heart more than once. I am pretty sure if you talked with him privately understanding would come fast

Disappointed that nobody confronted me or called me out till today privately and accidentally....
Im a bit disappointed on something else which is basically that everyone immediately supported the nuke despite I am very sure they were not even fully conscious what it was about. The board is getting very agressive lately and I believe everyone could do a bit better with less posturing and amoging (not saying you by the way but everyone in general).

Not saying we should not call eachother out when going too far but recently harder frames are being used which cause others to fight back or shrink away. This will cause an environment where people dare not post for fear of getting bullied basically. I believe this should be moderated a bit better honestly @Chase

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I have also noticed a recent uptick in forum aggression lately. Ex. Threads devolving into personal attacks, arguing, cliques, etc. Seems almost seasonal.

The aggression is nearing year 2020 levels of aggression, which peaked with the infamous traffic lights thread with guys arguing colors.

We're all on the same team here, everyone, keep that in mind before typing up a storm or ganging up on someone.

This forum has a lot of cool guys with unique experiences and perspectives on all sides. It would be a shame if the forum lost sight of that, especially being one of, if not the last bastion of the community.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Are we in agreement then that General is going to the dogs right now?

We've got a few active mods on staff: @Will_V, @POB, @Bismarck. @Train handles chat. @Gunwitch is still around but not as actively moderating the forums.

If we wanted to clean up General, we'd need to agree on basic rules about what is/isn't appropriate for there. It's always been a hodgepodge of stuff, and I sometimes move threads out of there to other boards, but it's always such a tangle.

I just went through and moved a bunch of stuff from the first 1.5 pages of General to Beginners, as well as one to Relationships.

Barring Space Monkeys from posting new threads to General / restricting where they can start new threads would help. We might do that. Also, re @Jan, yes, he does post a ton of beginner questions into General that should go to Beginner. If we do the "Space Monkeys can't post in General" rule, we'd probably need to set Jan back to Space Monkey, as well as anyone else we might've bumped up who doesn't have enough posting history establishing him as active in the field and not a beginner.

I can't be always on here moderating myself -- I'm just very short on time and can't do it.

But it sounds like the requests are:

• Keep Beginner stuff to Beginners and out of General

• Moderate General better in general

• Possibly also de-rank Rank 2 guys who have Rank 2 due to participation / non-negative attitudes... which would be a change in how we've ranked Rank 2 guys previously and require a broad re-ranking of Rank 2 guys.

Do we have proposals for a.) what does and does not fit in General and b.) what should be the requirements to reach Rank 2 if this is what we want?

Chase

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Re: aggression on the forum, I haven't been on quite enough to notice it lately. Is that also something guys agree we are seeing a lot more of? Any idea behind causes, or we're just getting cliques forming and the cliques are fighting?

-C

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah I also thought you misread mist Skills.

Re. the premise, yes General can sometimes seem like spam city, but not sure that people are ashamed of posting in Beginner or Off Topic. Still, agree with Chase re. restricting Space Monkeys to posting new threads in Beginner, though this means that we as a mod team would need to be quick on our feet upgrading someone if we had a Casanova come in (who shouldn't be posting in Beginner).

I haven't seen the aggression either but I'm not super active.

RedNeck

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I guess the aggression is mainly in the chat. I have not seen it on the board.
I am not a super experienced guy myself. But my main problem is the KJ'ing. When I post a question or open a thread, some members just jump in without reading the thread or understanding the meaning and reply with canned reddit style answers e.g:

• She is just looking for attention.
  • There are a lot of girls out there.
  • If she really liked it, she would suck your dick in the football stadium in front of thousands of people.
I am not a chaser, but this kind of reply derails the thread, plus if a guy nexted every girl who did not suck his dick within 10 sec, then he would be running numbers game to get a girl who is really into him from the beginning. This is not a game.

This is why I vote to have tougher standard when it comes to ranking. We can even moderate the replies in threads

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What @DarkKnight is saying is that I was wrong and off and a lot of users via like supported my being wrong vs telling me skills you are being autistic, he is supporting your post no calling it kj.... I was very upset nobody clarify for me and probably cause damage to mist... Super upset affected me bad could not sleep.... Anyways sometimes I need to slow down and understand context vs jumping into conclusions due to 10 years of forums PTSD, and rush reading, won't be happening again, I need to read post slowly vs rushing... I have been kissing mist ass privately, feel horrible, not working.... Also guys leave mist alone he is good guy he is not past posters at all, I read it wrong... I just read new posts no sections so I have no opinion, it seem wm right on just moving things...

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Are we in agreement then that General is going to the dogs right now?

We've got a few active mods on staff: @Will_V, @POB, @Bismarck. @Train handles chat. @Gunwitch is still around but not as actively moderating the forums.

If we wanted to clean up General, we'd need to agree on basic rules about what is/isn't appropriate for there. It's always been a hodgepodge of stuff, and I sometimes move threads out of there to other boards, but it's always such a tangle.

I just went through and moved a bunch of stuff from the first 1.5 pages of General to Beginners, as well as one to Relationships.

Barring Space Monkeys from posting new threads to General / restricting where they can start new threads would help. We might do that. Also, re @Jan, yes, he does post a ton of beginner questions into General that should go to Beginner. If we do the "Space Monkeys can't post in General" rule, we'd probably need to set Jan back to Space Monkey, as well as anyone else we might've bumped up who doesn't have enough posting history establishing him as active in the field and not a beginner.

I can't be always on here moderating myself -- I'm just very short on time and can't do it.

But it sounds like the requests are:

• Keep Beginner stuff to Beginners and out of General

• Moderate General better in general

• Possibly also de-rank Rank 2 guys who have Rank 2 due to participation / non-negative attitudes... which would be a change in how we've ranked Rank 2 guys previously and require a broad re-ranking of Rank 2 guys.

Do we have proposals for a.) what does and does not fit in General and b.) what should be the requirements to reach Rank 2 if this is what we want?

Chase

Yeah it's not clear to me what belongs in general or not, I always assumed it was a sort of buffer zone for any thread that a person couldn't/wouldn't categorize. The name itself doesn't really help.

I'm not too sure about restricting new guys to beginners, problem is a lot of new people who turn up aren't total beginners and want to solve a specific problem that might be interesting to the forum, and that problem might not seem to fit in the beginner category. So there's the risk of discouraging them from posting, whereas the 'general' category could seem a good place to start.

The problem of course is people just posting in general because they couldn't be bothered to find anywhere else to put it.

One option might be to give a placeholder e.g. 'new arrival' rank to new guys without restrictions of posting in general, and then shift them to where they need to be based on what they are posting.

In reference to what I mentioned, this linked thread comes to mind: https://www.skilledseducer.com/thre...-all-the-attention-and-semi-ignore-you.27899/

Just went off the rails. Could be a one-off incident where everyone chills afterwards. Not sure on the cause. Hell, maybe the heat waves are making everyone a little crazy.

As someone who posted a bunch in that thread .. maybe I was a bit too argumentative. But I like a good debate and we can't be moderating out strong differences of opinion, so long as it is on-topic and not ad hominem I don't see the problem. I think there were a couple of posts on there that started veering in that direction but none that seemed like they needed moderating - correct me if you think I'm wrong. I think the main issue with that thread was everyone talking about a slightly different thing which made it a bit confusing to follow, but I'm not certain there was much aggression involved.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I guess the aggression is mainly in the chat. I have not seen it on the board.
I am not a super experienced guy myself. But my main problem is the KJ'ing. When I post a question or open a thread, some members just jump in without reading the thread or understanding the meaning and reply with canned reddit style answers e.g:

• She is just looking for attention.
  • There are a lot of girls out there.
  • If she really liked it, she would suck your dick in the football stadium in front of thousands of people.
I am not a chaser, but this kind of reply derails the thread, plus if a guy nexted every girl who did not suck his dick within 10 sec, then he would be running numbers game to get a girl who is really into him from the beginning. This is not a game.

This is why I vote to have tougher standard when it comes to ranking. We can even moderate the replies in threads

I agree .. I try to answer every question from the perspective of what's best for the person involved and their specific goals. I get that some guys probably look at a few of my answers and think I'm playing it too safe or something and want to stake a point of difference there, and maybe it's a valid criticism, but you can't just go to some guy who obviously is unaware of half the stuff going on and tell him to act like a hardened pro and everything will be great. A lot of the time the best advice is to act on your own instincts, get burned a bit, and learn.

Coaching by committee doesn't work, but .. we have to make the best of it.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I think any forum needs some kind of buffer section where posts go by default because beginners who don’t think they are beginners will go and post in any “intermediate” section they can.

We can switch that buffer from General to Beginners, I guess… but still there will remain a section who is a clusterfuck.

I think it’s just part of human nature (adding a dimension for self-perceived status)… not sure something that can be avoided.

Personally, I don’t understand why @mist is so riled up.
There’s gold in General, it just takes some searching.

>