How to write a FR

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Chase

I was talking to some more senior members, and they were telling me that the way FRs are written can be a turn-off for them commenting and providing helpful suggestions.

Specifically it’s in the writing of FRs. Long, 6+ line long paragraphs, and not writing FRs as a cohesive narrative. This was something I had never even considered when writing FRs, I was forgetting that our advanced members are people too who will probably be more likely to give advice when they are reading something they are actually interested in. It’s something I’m guilty of, I’ve always written stream-of-consciousness, and will change going forward.

I’d love to see a “How to write FRs (and get good replies)”, similar to your Finding Wingmen posts.

Preferably it would also be stickied to the FR sub.

Thanks,

kvothe

PS. To everyone, feel free to write tips here on how to make FRs better

1. Make it an easy to follow narrative
2. Pay attention to how the paragraph structure is organized-walls of text lead to readers tuning out
3. Don’t spend the entire FR complaining lol

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
I think Chase has a guide around here somewhere. Maybe check the FR sticky post?

That said yeah you want to write well and make it look pleasing to the eye (1-4 sentences Max per paragraph, short sentences, formating to separate sections, bold/underline important stuff). Be optimistic and positive. Engage with other members on the forum and build relationships/comraderie so when people see your posts they think "oh it's kvothe that guys cool let me see what he's up to"

As for some basics.

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
Nah don’t think there’s a specific post like that. Closest I could find was your 80/20 rule, which is more aimed at helping yourself as you write. This would be more aimed at getting others to be more likely to help you.

But completely agree with you on your suggestions.

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
just to pitch in - This is a recent example of a recent good report by @Grand Pooba - it is the first one i felt like reading and responding to in awhile:

notice the clear outline from pre engagement to finish
nice descriptive parts
Lots of verbiage outlined - clear sense of the exchanged
Clear outlines of specific techs applied and doings in response to what she did
Observations of energy, responses, details etc
Various experiences along the insta date and after
Good reflective thoughts to it

So good full cover of a full seduction, techs applied, thoughts to what all displayed in a proper report

its obvious that GP has good skills and is out there doing a lot, trying testing new things, refining, learning etc.

A pleasure to read

Last edited:

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I agree that Grand Pooba's posts are well written and engaging.

Over the years I've seen a few mistakes to avoid. Both in FRs and other posts.

If anyone reading this recognizes himself here, please do not take offense because it's not personal. It's only for the sake of improving the quality / readability of the posts.

Form mistakes:
  • The monolithic block. All the text is written in one monolithic block. There are no paragraphs, no spaces to breath. You give up reading after a few lines.
  • No punctuation. Same, it makes it harder to grasp the logical meaning of the sentence. Put some comas and full stops and semi columns.
  • Not using reasonably readable, written form of English. An extreme example of this is: "[...] if ya ok so personally a would ignore the mad question. Be short an blunt more". Again, no offense to the guy because he usually has good things to say. But writing like this makes it harder to read unnecessarily. The reader still has to mentally convert that into "if you're OK [...] I would ignore [...] short and blunt." I give up most of the time.
Content mistakes:
  • The three lines FR. No details, no meat. We just can't say anything because we have no idea what happened.
  • The encyclopedia FR. Opposite of the above. If your FR looks like a book, most people just won't read.
  • Important cues left out of the story. There was one case (not in an FR) where the guy forgot to mention that he already had sex with the girl. It is not at all the same conclusion if the two are already intimate.
  • A lot of emphasis on what is verbally said, and very little clues about the body language / compliance / signals involved.
A good FR should be easy to read, give sufficient details, and be as exhaustive as possible, so as to not omitting the crucial clues.

The way we respond to an FR is by building a mental image of what happened, then trying to relate this image to our own experience. The reader must get a reasonably accurate mental image for this to work.

Now there is another big turnoff for me: when I take the time to read, think about the situation, and write a detailed answer, and the guy doesn't even acknowledge he has read what I wrote. The next time he posts something, why would I even spend a minute on his post. You should be appreciative of the time people take to respond to you. At least take the time to respond with one line.

I hope this helps.

Seppuku

Last edited:

Bacchus

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Every well-written report has one thing in common. You can see the interaction unfold through their eyes.

Your goal whenever you write a report is to direct each reader's imagination. . . towards a mental simulation of that experience. As readers we need to feel immersed in the experience you've shared with the forum. If you started on a novel which repeatedly failed to engage with your imagination. Would you really make it past the first couple pages? Or would you get bored, confused and choose a different activity to engage in?

Now this is a community dedicated to helping guys get laid. So while we don't expect the same level of eloquence in a report as something from the best-seller list. . . you still need to get our imagination going. Or we won't be able to recreate your experiences inside our minds eye.

And that is precisely what makes it difficult to provide constructive feedback after reading your FR. Or take away any helpful learning points from your LR. So while you're writing a report take the extra time to answer important questions like. . .
  • How were you dressed?
  • How would you describe the venue?
  • What topics did you discuss during the seduction?
  • How did she reply to these conversation threads?
  • How would you describe her emotional state? (Before you approached & in response to what you said or did)
Answering these questions helps you paint a clearer mental picture of the seduction for your readers. The clearer this picture becomes. . . the more precise we can be when posting feedback. And keeping a tab of thesaurus.com open as you write can introduce your paintbrush to compelling palettes.

Last edited:
>