Where do you buy your stylish outfits for game?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah but I pick and choose I have alot of clothes.

If you are aiming for something Eccentric and cheap maybe try this company they usually have some very fire clothing for cheap.

hollister was good, but this is just awful, unless you are a guatemalean or haitian inmigrant recent out of the boat or just jump the boarder, trying to pick chongas in a taco stand near home depot...

TouchGrass

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Depending on the item I'll usually go with a brand I trust for that item or which specializes in it. It can take some time to find the ones that fit your style, whose sizes match your proportions, and fit in your price range, but it's worth it. You don't need to buy from a different brand every time; just find a few whose target demographic is very similar to you. Department stores like Nordstrom are great for trying out a ton of different brands.

For me personally, I get all my jeans from Page, all my chinos from Bonobos, all my boots from Thursday, etc. Koio also has some solid sneakers. I like Uniqlo for essentials in general but the Slim Fit T-shirts from H&M have been incredible for me--for the cheap price they're super comfy and surprisingly good looking on me. Lululemon in XS tends to fit me spot on too so I get a piece from them every now and again, but the Durable Shirts from Ten Thousand are my go-to for the gym. For leather jackets I have a couple from Allsaints and a beautiful biker jacket from Boda Skins. I also have an amazing wool overcoat from Reiss plus a couple of my go-to overshirts. Years ago I got a ton of stuff from Guess based on a recommendation from one of Chase' articles...I still have one of their wool peacoats in my closet.

If you have a hard time finding stuff that fits you exactly, you can go MTM too. Places like Proper Cloth can get you a great fitting dress shirt. Personally I've found the algorithm at Ratio Clothing to suit me better for button ups. I also have a couple nice tees from Son of a Tailor but I have a hard time justifying the cost over the off-the-rack H&M shirts. Suit Supply also does custom blazers, shirts, pants, etc. in addition to suits, and you can really go crazy on getting exactly what you want.

For accessories, I've had good luck with local artist events and Etsy. You'll find a ton of a unique items--some literally one of a kind! But I exclusively get gloves from Dents--good enough for James Bond, good enough for me.

I don't think he's active anymore, but for finding inspiration and a style (specifically for game), I thought Darius' content was really valuable. His website seems to be down but his old Pinterest board has a lot of great looks for different styles: https://www.pinterest.com/sexystyleforjoe/_saved/

Lastly, the secret sauce is finding a good local tailor. Most of the time clothes won't fit you perfectly, but find an item that fits you in the key areas and a tailor can work his magic to get you a perfect fit. At this point, I think 50% of my wardrobe has seen my tailor at one point or another.

Last edited:

Francis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fedora, pendant necklace, v-neck tee, scarf, moto jacket, skinny jeans, chelsea boots.

Just kidding... that's what a PUA in an SNL skit would look like, but here's some black denim for anyone looking.

Last edited:

Red

Space Monkey
space monkey
Haha I feel targeted :D. Personally I love bland and simple fashion. I never used to care about it, but now I can put a few well fitting jeans/chinos with a decent shirt / t-shirt and be "better dressed" than most others. The standards for men's fashion are so low that it really doesn't take much to dress decent

If Steve McQueen wore it, it's the right choice.

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Going to insert a question: I've never been great at fashion, but I try to wear my muscles with some class and hearing about the different styles, I'm curious if anyone can recommend someone that would be worth modeling after for athleisure?

I'm 5' 7" but very muscular and increasingly lean (between a 4 and 6 pack) and have a light complexion (can get pretty dark, but lighter right now). Have a tattoo on one forearm that gives me a love-hate relationship with tight long sleeves.

Francis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If Steve McQueen wore it, it's the right choice.
You can get cheap Baracuta jackets made in England under the name Four Climes, from during the time they licensed their name to Van Heusen.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Are you literally buying used "field-worn" shoes???? They look like they have been used in a war-zone.

That's why they both looked like shit, they are both worn out!

I don't mind second hand, but for that price.... used shoes... really??

-Teevster

Francis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Are you literally buying used "field-worn" shoes???? They look like they have been used in a war-zone.

That's why they both looked like shit, they are both worn out!

I don't mind second hand, but for that price.... used shoes... really??

-Teevster

I saw the brand and thought you might be into buckles for some reason... I was more just posting the site for guys to search for things.

I would go with a dedicated shoe manufacturer for footwear anyways, especially leather. I've only seen my preferred boot type in custom group buys, and the toe still wasn't right.

But anyways, especially for young guys starting their wardrobes, finding quality second hand is very rewarding. Looking for brands not made in Asia is a simple way to start. Grailed, the Real Real, Poshmark, and eBay all have great finds. But no, I don't buy used shoes.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
But anyways, especially for young guys starting their wardrobes, finding quality second hand is very rewarding. Looking for brands not made in Asia is a simple way to start. Grailed, the Real Real, Poshmark, and eBay all have great finds. But no, I don't buy used shoes.

What's wrong with Asia?

I like second hand for VINTAGE stuff.

I saw the brand and thought you might be into buckles for some reason...

I do, but more shoes that don't look like they.... yeah...

-Teevster

Francis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Teevster For sure there is good Asian-made (and South American), but searching for items made in Western countries can be a shortcut to finding smaller scale brands with well made garments and quality fabrics. Especially for shopping used, it significantly cuts down the volume you need to search through. Sure you will miss good stuff, but it's an option for efficiency.

I do think second hand can be very good if you look for lightly or unworn, especially outerwear, suits, belts, and pants. It is easy to look for denim with no wallet or phone fading and see listings where the guy wore it twice and said it doesn't fit.

For low income students, I do think dress shoes can be bought second hand. Some guy may have worn them to one wedding and a funeral. I honestly didn't spend much time looking at those boots I sent you, but if they are real leather than a little edge dressing, shoe polish, and a pre-strip like Saphir Renovateur can work wonders if someone is really strapped for cash.

Now for peacocking or otherwise displaying information (like snakeskin to me evokes Eve in Eden), that's not my realm and maybe fast fashion brands have more variety to allow for expression. I am talking more about guys who want to elevate their most basic items, like quality $200 chinos for $30. I don't own Norse Projects but you may know that brand as an example. Most students can't afford it.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Teevster For sure there is good Asian-made (and South American), but searching for items made in Western countries can be a shortcut to finding smaller scale brands with well made garments and quality fabrics.

Rule number 1 of field clothes: never buy quality clothes. Cheap and good looking. It suffices that some idiot spills a drink over your hugo boss coat for you to feel like shit for weeks.

like quality $200 chinos for $30.

Rule number 2: don't wear chinos.
Most students can't afford it.

Just shop good looking crap on ASOS.

-Teevster

Francis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think we are in different environments. Hugo Boss is a mall brand. I own several overcoats, and the nicest fabric I have by far was $20 on eBay.

This year I bought three parkas for family members, each worth over $1k, each bought for $80-125 and look completely unworn. You could spill drinks and replace all of them multiple times over. The key is approach enough coat listings.

Other than more formal wool trouser situations, you are only wearing denim workwear? Chinos are simply cotton twill pants. You can get them in black. They are basically jeans with a less rough fabric.

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Rule number 1 of field clothes: never buy quality clothes. Cheap and good looking. It suffices that some idiot spills a drink over your hugo boss coat for you to feel like shit for weeks.
Yup like I said before, Costco menswear is underrated asf (but you do need to know your measurements) :)

DonGately

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I would never wear chinos on a date but that's just me. Wear a suit, or nice wool/cords pants, or stylish jeans.

Never ever wear a blue dress shirt and tan chinos unless you want to be mistaken for a Best Buy helper. Women notice these things even if you don't.

>