Openers  “I mistook you for someone else”...

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Has anyone tried successfully a “Hey, aren’t you Jessica/Anna/etc..? “ opener?

What do you do after she says no?

I’ve been trying daygame lately but I got a little difficulty to get quick momentum.
This opener gets a very nice and warm reaction every time I’ve tried but I struggle to think on what to say after she says no.

Dr.X

Space Monkey
space monkey
I probably did that recently

Me: I have seen you before
Her: No I have never seen you
Me: Just kidding, I like your glasses
Her: Thank you
, and continue with conversation (not successful in term of getting laid, but was successful in getting her into conversation).

If she doesn’t like you, she will leave.
If she said no in an annoyed tone, I’ll leave.
If she said no in a neutral tone, it won’t hurt trying a second opener.

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It worked a couple of times but it was genuine, like I really mistook the girl for someone else.

However, at least in my region, it has been used soo many times that it's almost a Direct opener. The girl knows that you are using it to pick her up and if she plays along, means that she is interested.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I had a girl do it to me in high school... We had a brief thing...

A couple years ago I did it unintentionally apologized and retreated And later she sought me out to give me her number.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
i experimented with something like this before. my version was longer, ambiguous, and had a high chance of sucking the girl in.

here's how it usually went:

fog: i saw you standing here and i was like...what the heck
girl: *looks at me inquisitively*
fog: well... i had to say hi!
girl: are you mistaking me for someone else right now?
fog: nope. oh, your shirt. *topic change*

along with the right vocal tones and facial expressions, i have her convinced that i already know her...but she can't be certain for sure. i dont let a definitive answer arise. the benefits of this version are:

1. tension and mystery are maintained in the convo (making it an easy transition into a new topic, she's more likely to hang around)
2. you hold the frame

in yours, when she says no, the tension and mystery evaporate, and the frame is handed over to her, making it difficult to transition into a new topic/ to keep her from walking away. bc of this, i dont like the angle for your social frame opener and think you can get more results by tweaking that initial part.

in general, we can look at what to say next from the viewpoint of rooting, theres the first root (why did he approach me?) and the second root (why is he continuing to talk to me?)

first root - you thought she was someone you knew
second root - could be anything...you need an opinion, you noticed something about her and want to know more about it, etc

Last edited:

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey
i experimented with something like this before. my version was longer, ambiguous, and had a high chance of sucking the girl in.

here's how it usually went:

along with the right vocal tones and facial expressions, i have her convinced that i already know her...but she can't be certain for sure. i dont let a definitive answer arise. the benefits of this version are:

in yours, when she says no, the tension and mystery evaporate, and the frame is handed over to her, making it difficult to transition into a new topic/ to keep her from walking away. bc of this, i dont like the angle for your social frame opener and think you can get more results by tweaking that initial part.

in general, we can look at what to say next from the viewpoint of rooting, theres the first root (why did he approach me?) and the second root (why is he continuing to talk to me?)

first root - you thought she was someone you knew
second root - could be anything...you need an opinion, you noticed something about her and want to know more about it, etc
interesting and read your linked forum post too

believe me, those questions the women have ( why did he approach me? why is he continuing to talk to me? ) are just as uncomfortable for me as they are for the girl :D

they're one of the barriers i have in my mind but i think when i learn more and eventually go on to try this stuff out in the field, i will figure out how to root the girl while not coming off as needy, desperate or anxious

hope it works for me that way it has worked for you guys :D

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
"you look familiar" is a good opener. If she's interested she will respond....I had a cutie pull it on me last year

I just remembered another interaction. I was at a community event when I saw a cute, tall girl sitting at a long table with an older gentleman who worked with my family during my youth...She saw my gaze, and came over to ask" Why are you talking about my uncle Charlie?" It was almost a challenge.

I told her about my childhood memories with her uncle, and then introduced her to my friends. Basically winging for my 6'6" buddy. He picked up on it and was able to isolate her a bit, but screwed up the extraction because he had limiting thoughts.

My point in all this rambling is that if you make eye contact from afar you can say almost anything and create a conversation.

>