A little guidance please..

Fan7as7icMrFox

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ok, Firstly I'd like to apologize for bombarding this forum over the last couple of days, but it helps to get things down in writing as it clarifies things in my mind as I do and you're input is always valued.

so any of you who have been reading my posts will note some progress in my abilities, however I've still a massive way to go and its still pretty hit and miss!

There's this girl I met on Monday whilst she was working, who was chasing me from the outset (she opened me) we exchanged numbers and I told her to text me letting me know when she was free. I got a text later that day saying she was bored at work but only had an hour till she finished, I was still pretty local to where she worked so suggested I met her from work to grab a drink, which she jumped at.

now throughout the evening I reminded her a couple of times that she picked me up, in a fun playful way, got a lot of chase frames in, a lot of touch that I got her to initiate once we were sat down in the bar (sitting opposite her with my hands out across the table, palms up, she instantly placed her hand in mine, setting more, subtle frames) and suggested our next meet (same day logistics were really poor) when she said "I've never eaten mac cheese before!" "What, really?! that surprises me, everyone loves Mac cheese! I'll tell you what, you bring the ingredients, I'll cook, sound good?" yeah sure, I think I'm free Thursday but I'll check my rota tomorrow and text you!"

I got a text that night as soon as she got home saying she had a lovely evening blah blah blah and I replied saying, yeah it was cool, let me know when you've checked your rota and we'll arrange dinner :), she replied "sure thing, I'll text you tomorrow, night night hun xx" and I didn't reply, until the following afternoon (I was going to hold out until she text me, but from advise from a friend, who said, "It's text for text, them's the rules, she's probably checking her phone every 5 minutes to see if you've replied!" sent her a message asking if she had checked her rota.

A few hours went by and, whilst I was taking a break from playing basketball with the guys, I got a call from her, which I wasn't expecting but answered anyway (I've always had a bit of a hang up about telephones, they scare me and I've no idea why!) and she got a little flakey, "well I'm free sunday, but might be free tomorrow evening, are you free tomorrow?" "well actually, I might have things to do, I'll have to let you know, anyway, back to the game, text me later" "oh ok, sorry, I'll phone you when I finish work at 10! bye"

now I realized I left it way open in the call, I let her get flakey and didn't push to set up a date there and then, I dropped the ball, I didn't actually expect to hear back from her.

I got a text at half 11 saying she had to work late, I replied 12 hours later saying "no problem, I was pretty busy myself, you seem like a workaholic, do you play as hard as you work? ;) so, Sunday around 12, I'll pick you up, we'll go for a little drive, have a drink in the sunshine then do dinner that evening?" "yeah I work hard and play hard :) aww that sounds like a lovely day" double text alert! "hows your day going? what you up to?"

I replied a few hours later saying "Lol, I thought so, you seem like a girl who knows how to let loose and have fun ;) of course it does, It'll be awesome :p I'll pick you up from ***** at 12, I'll send over the ingredients list later :) My day's good, what about yours? you doing anything exciting?"

now in hindsight, I should have omitted the line after the smiley for a few reasons, 1) breaking the law of least effort, sending texts longer than hers 2) I should have let the conversation go dead, rather than trying to keep the BORING conversation going.

that was 24 hours ago and I've yet to get a reply, now I'm not overly fussed, it usually wouldn't bother me but as she's been replying consistently and quickly, its a little out of character, I don't much care, as long as I can figure out why... is she playing hard to get as she knows we both know shes been chasing hard?! did I fail a couple of shit tests like I thought I did (The phone call, the carrying on the conversation etc)? or is it still to early to tell? My friend say's wait it out until saturday evening, assume all is set and text her saturday night if no reply before then saying something along the lines of "all set for tomorrow? I'll get you at 12, don't forget to pick up...." or should I chase just a little as its all been on her thus far, she's been pursuing me quite hard up until now...

Like I said, yeah she's hot, yeah I'd love to nail her, but as long as I learn something from this I couldn't give a shit if I do or don't lay her! I just want to see where I dropped the ball to prevent it next time...

any advice guys?

Verisimilitude

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I think you pushed too hard for the date. She might have said it sounded nice, but not a hard yes. You kind of assumed with your last text without setting up the details. It seemed needy and strange. Next time, get a solid time, then go for the close. That keeps her from feeling weird. NarrowJ has a LR which is a good example of how he dealt with a girl flaking, which reminds me of your situation. Its here:https://boards.girlschase.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3614

V

Smith

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think V answered most of your questions. It would have been easier to just get a time and place set, then leave out all the small details until the day before.

did I fail a couple of shit tests like I thought I did (The phone call, the carrying on the conversation etc)? or is it still to early to tell?
I don't feel comfortable over the phone as well because it's hard to tell what their facial expression is like and judge their mood. If you don't feel comfortable over the phone, it's ok not to pick it up then just text her later. No harm in that, unless the call is expected then yea pick it up.

"all set for tomorrow? I'll get you at 12, don't forget to pick up...." or should I chase just a little as its all been on her thus far, she's been pursuing me quite hard up until now...
Still pushing too hard on the date with this text. Makes you needy. Wait until the day before, and send her a text asking how her week was without mentioning the date in your first text. Build up some rapport with a few text then just ask if she's still keen on cooking tomorrow without assuming it's all set because it's not.
And you should never chase, even just a little, because that just means she's not hooked. and do you chase a girl who's not hooked?

Good luck
Smith

Fan7as7icMrFox

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well, I'm sure I've no need to tell you guys this, you'd have seen it coming, but yeah, she flaked, said something about her gran in hospital, yeah, might be legit, but I doubt it!

All your advice was spot on, I guess I've been in "beta boyfriend bitch" mode so long, I'm having trouble shifting that! I'll get there, chalk this one up to experience and move on, I hear from her, cool, if I don't, no biggie!

Back out later to get a few more leads... once Liverpool have won the football!! ;)

>