A quick question

Wolfie

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask you how do you act like an old and mature man when you are in your 20s, how to get people to start taking you seriously. How do you stop being reactive and be more stable in a stressful situation. Everytime I become reactive I feel I am weak.

Alpha13SC

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
There's a lot of things to say, one's tolerance to stress, self image, etc.
One solution is realizing that there are few things in your life which you cannot control(a car may flip right in front of your face, for ex). The rest of the things, there's your responsability.

Almost everything is reaction from your action. Realize that you have more power in almost every situation you encounter in your life than you imagine. And it's your job to deal with these stressful moments. Take a deep breath, ground yourself, feel the power, the responsability of your actions and the situation you're facing, then act.

Realizing is in the first place, accepting the situation, accepting the stress and then you do something about it, in a healthy way.

I have a saying: A real man do whatever he wants and he assumes all the consequences. That man has the power in his life. But he must realize that he has it, and must take responsability even for the things he didn't planned to, but he's facing now, because that's what a man do.

You'll get better with time and you'll know what to do. Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Maybe this video will help you:

mist

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask you how do you act like an old and mature man when you are in your 20s, how to get people to start taking you seriously. How do you stop being reactive and be more stable in a stressful situation. Everytime I become reactive I feel I am weak.
No quick answer to this nor will becoming a stable, mature, and respected man be. I'd consider asking yourself these things and writing back if you would.

1. Who are the wises most mature male figures you have in your life?
2. Who are the people you want to take you seriously and respect you?
3. What are the beliefs you hold that make you feel the most reactive and weak?
4. What are you willing to do in order to nullify your reactiveness and weakness?
5. Why are you asking this question? What is propelling you towards growth?
6. What in your daily life are you doing that has made you you and what are you going to add starting now so that changes?

Wolfie

Space Monkey
space monkey
There's a lot of things to say, one's tolerance to stress, self image, etc.
One solution is realizing that there are few things in your life which you cannot control(a car may flip right in front of your face, for ex). The rest of the things, there's your responsability.

Almost everything is reaction from your action. Realize that you have more power in almost every situation you encounter in your life than you imagine. And it's your job to deal with these stressful moments. Take a deep breath, ground yourself, feel the power, the responsability of your actions and the situation you're facing, then act.

Realizing is in the first place, accepting the situation, accepting the stress and then you do something about it, in a healthy way.

I have a saying: A real man do whatever he wants and he assumes all the consequences. That man has the power in his life. But he must realize that he has it, and must take responsability even for the things he didn't planned to, but he's facing now, because that's what a man do.

You'll get better with time and you'll know what to do. Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Maybe this video will help you:
That's a really nice saying thanks

Wolfie

Space Monkey
space monkey
No quick answer to this nor will becoming a stable, mature, and respected man be. I'd consider asking yourself these things and writing back if you would.

1. Who are the wises most mature male figures you have in your life?
2. Who are the people you want to take you seriously and respect you?
3. What are the beliefs you hold that make you feel the most reactive and weak?
4. What are you willing to do in order to nullify your reactiveness and weakness?
5. Why are you asking this question? What is propelling you towards growth?
6. What in your daily life are you doing that has made you you and what are you going to add starting now so that changes?
Damn these are some deep and hard questions, gotta take some 30 mins out or so and ponder over it

>